Windows 10: Disable "Connect to networks shared by my contacts"

Discus and support Disable "Connect to networks shared by my contacts" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Settings > Network & Internet > Manage Wi-Fi Settings Here on Microsoft help page, there's a tutorial on how to "turn off Connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by omidsolo, Nov 7, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Disable "Connect to networks shared by my contacts"

Hi everyone,
    Settings > Network & Internet > Manage Wi-Fi Settings

Here on Microsoft help page, there's a tutorial on how to "turn off Connect to suggested open hotspots and Connect to networks shared by my contacts"

Configure telemetry and other settings in your organization (Windows)

I used the exact code mentioned there:

REM Disable Wifi Sense
    REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WcmSvc\wifinetworkmanager\config" /V "AutoConnectAllowedOEM" /T REG_DWORD /D "0" /F

But the above code only turn off "Connect to suggested open hotspots" and not "Connect to networks shared by my contacts".
    How can I turn off "Connect to networks shared by my contacts" via registry?
    Help please *Smile

:)

omidsolo, Nov 7, 2015
  2. J Town Win User

How the heck do I FULLY disable Wi-Fi Sense?

Nevermind. I finally figured out why I wasn't seeing the "don't share this" box when connecting to my own network. If you turn off "connect to networks shared by my contacts", it also apparently disables sharing your own network. So there is a "turn
    off all aspects of Wi-Fi Sense" button. It's just not labeled that.

J Town, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    unable to connect. Inavalid WPA Pre-Shared Key "

Try to restart your Wi-Fi access point. If that does not help, changed the keyboard layout while doing the re-formating.

Abi99 (2), Nov 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 7, 2015
  5. omidsolo Win User
    Thanks Brink, yes, restarting fixed it, you're always a helping hand *Smile

omidsolo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable "Connect to networks shared by my contacts" - Similar Threads - Disable Connect networks

2. Network share printer not connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network share printer not connect: I can't connect with one of the networks shared printers. it showed " operation failed with error 0x00000520".Please help me to solve this issue. One thing is someone can print and someone can't print. The driver was also updated. So many errors with different pc....
  3. Disable sandbox in network sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable sandbox in network sharing: Windows sandbox refuses to restart after some running time and I am already facing delay. Is there a way to disable printing on windows sandbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-sandbox-in-network-sharing/1e06c728-477f-4314-8789-52ae5de2309c
  4. Network Connection Disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Connection Disabled: I've had an ASUS Vivobook k570ud for almost a year now but recently whenever I boot up my laptop while plugged in it loses all network connection, and I'll have to unplug and do a soft or hard restart so that I can get any network connection back. I've tried reinstalling...
  5. Network connection disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network connection disabled: I accidentally disabled a network connection of mobile hotspot, Now the hotspot is not working. please tell me how to add that network connection step by step. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-connection-disabled/4e005d07-4337-4409-bb3f-023915b7f544
  6. Can't connect or share files on my network

Can't connect or share files on my network: I have 3 pc's on my network. Win 7, XP and Win 10. Win 7 can connect to all 3, XP can connect to all 3, but win 10 can't connect to any. I can see them in explorer and I can ping successfully but can't connect to share files. No problems with this prior to last update. I run...
  7. Network Sharing and Connecting

Network Sharing and Connecting: I'm Not Able To Connect Other Devices In Same Wifi Network I Tried To Change My PC Settings But Still Facing Same Issue. Can Anyone Suggest Me what I Should Do To Solve This Problem So I Can See Other Device Data and To Use Printer As Well....
  8. Sharing network connection

Sharing network connection: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone is having issues with sharing their internet connection with other devices after a recent update to Windows 10. After installing KB3176936 and KB3176934, I am unable to share my network. My current setup has my laptop connected to the home...
  9. Disable Network Connections

Disable Network Connections: Finally gave up on the Realteck PCIe GBE Ethernet and decided to go with the built in Wifi (Dell Wirreless 1502). Internet speeds are up and signal is strong, even though page loading stalls every one out of three times. But this is an improvement ! [img] However, I...
  10. Disable network sharing

Disable network sharing: If you're not seeing the Computer Browser in Services .... The Computer Browser service relies on SMBv1 and the browser service is uninstalled if the SMBv1 client or server is uninstalled. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect to networks shared by my contacts

2. connect to networks shared by my contacts 2018