Windows 10: Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803)

Discus and support Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Try this one, but it probably does not work for Home. Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeMecanic, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803)

Policy CSP - Search | Microsoft Docs[/quote] No luck with this one too for Home ed.

Thanks for help,

MikeMecanic, Apr 4, 2018

2. So I "upgraded" to this. They added the nifty feature (not) of web search in the Start Menu. You cannot just disable it with the remove Cortana registry key. That disables Cortana, but not the Web Search.

I believe I found all the settings to disable this.

Attached is the reg file I created. Can you let me know if this works for everyone please. Maybe we can get it added to the tutorials page.

(Also, did I create that .reg file correctly?)

:)

DarkRookie, Apr 4, 2018
  3. spring creators update 1803 version

hi joydeep sir when spring creators update (1803) will be avilable .

JoydeepSarkar685, Apr 4, 2018
  4. Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803)

When will Windows 1803 release to public?

wann kommt das neue spring creators update 1803 für mein windows 10??

wolframschröter, Apr 4, 2018
  5. Yes, the reg file is working, but it won't turn off web search. Did not try it with a clean install.

MikeMecanic, Apr 5, 2018
  6. Try this one, but it probably does not work for Home.

Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "DoNotUseWebResults" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f[/quote] Policy CSP - Search | Microsoft Docs

TairikuOkami, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803)

1. Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803) - Similar Threads - Disable Cortana Web

2. Cortana web search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana web search: Is there any way I can change Cortana settings so when I search for something it brings up a new tab in Google Chrome, not Microsoft Edge with bing. My default search engine is Google Chrome but it still opens up a new tab in Microsoft Edge. submitted by /u/DATBOI___...
  3. Cortana not searching the web

in Cortana
    Cortana not searching the web: Cortana searches files instead of searching the web. E.x searching up 12431x3 it will show files named '12431x3' if it doesn't find files it will show "no result" . It used to search the web and bring up a calculator instead of searching files....
  4. How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?

in Cortana
    How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?: How do you disable "search the web" in search/Cortana? ***Modified title from: Search*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-search-the-web-option-in/27e0c3a8-c337-49d7-8416-5c7dd8d9dc4f"
  5. Settings to disable Cortana and web searches NOT WORKING

in Cortana
    Settings to disable Cortana and web searches NOT WORKING: [ATTACH] What the **** Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-to-disable-cortana-and-web-searches-not/c2e5c64c-3ff2-4b95-9984-289fbafbf3ba"
  6. Spring Creators Update 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  7. windows 10 spring creators update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 spring creators update: Can't do update. Finds issues. Avira Antivir. The suggested file Avipbb.sys is not found & all old Avira folders are deleted. I ran AviraRegistercleaner in safe mode & it completed successfully. Back in regular mode & get the same issue with update. I am not currently using...
  8. Some Start Screen Apps Not Working After 1803 Spring Creators Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Start Screen Apps Not Working After 1803 Spring Creators Update: ....... after the 1803 Spring Creators Update some apps with live tiles are not working. One of them is the Asparion Clock tile and the other is the World Clock - Time Zones. I uninstalled the apps and reinstalled twice, still not working. If I click on the app tile, the...
  9. How to disable cortanas web search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable cortanas web search?: I just reinstalled and theres no option in her settings to turn off the web search she does when you search for files on your pc and such. How else could I turn it off if its not listed in her settings? 24449
  10. W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC: I defer any major feature update for 6 months to let others iron out the faults created by dodgy MS software engineering.