Windows 10: Disable Delivery Optimization

Discus and support Disable Delivery Optimization in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization? HP Pavilion 570-p076na Desktop PC: Windows 10 Home 64-bit. In Settings > Update &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pipmeister, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Disable Delivery Optimization

Is there a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization?

HP Pavilion 570-p076na Desktop PC: Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

In Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options > Delivery Optimization: “Allow downloads from other PCs” is turned Off.

With random frequency, my computer installs a folder called Delivery Optimization that contains a sub-folder called Cache that contains no files.

Disable Delivery Optimization 42152666390_70dc0a6a5a_c.jpg
    Delivery Optimization
    by Philip Mock, on Flickr

When I delete this folder I receive a pop-up that says I need Admin privileges, for which there is an option. I click on this option and the folder goes to my Recycle bin.

Sadly the folder re-installs itself after a random amount of time (usually a day or so).

I have also tried to disable Delivery Optimization in Component Services (local).

The first picture shows how I set the service to “Disable” Delivery Optimization.

In Properties I set Recovery to “Take No Action” and Reset Fail Count to 0 days.

Disable Delivery Optimization [​IMG]
    Component Services Local DO Stopped Disabled

This second picture is what happens after a random period, when the setting changes from “Disable” to “Manual (Trigger Start)” without my intervention.

Disable Delivery Optimization 42152670680_3c7bc41da3_b.jpg
    Component Services Local DO Stopped Manual Trigger Start

The third picture shows what happens after updating my P.C., which I do manually as I have a Metered Connection – the Service resets to “Running” again.

Disable Delivery Optimization [​IMG]
    Component Services Local DO Running Manual Trigger Start

Is there a way to permanently set the service to “Disable” so that it does not restart itself, which also results in the creation a folder on my Desktop?

Pip

:)

pipmeister, Aug 10, 2018

2. Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Disable Delivery Optimization

Should I disable delivery optimization service?

The Delivery Optimization service is very annoying, It makes my internet connection slow badly.

So, can I disable it?

If so, are there any problems?

Should I disable it?

Deng_BunThai, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Disable Delivery Optimization

1. Disable Delivery Optimization - Similar Threads - Disable Delivery Optimization

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to permanently disable delivery optimization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable delivery optimization?: Currently I am struggling with delivery optimisation using up my bandwith. As well as Background intelegence trasfer service.To prevent delivery optimisation from running I have been doing this....1. Open Registry Editor.2. Go to...
  6. How to permanently disable delivery optimization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable delivery optimization?: Currently I am struggling with delivery optimisation using up my bandwith. As well as Background intelegence trasfer service.To prevent delivery optimisation from running I have been doing this....1. Open Registry Editor.2. Go to...
  7. How to permanently disable delivery optimization?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service: After recent Windows update v1809 (Build 17763.79), I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes by internet bandwidth in the background which makes the web surfing very slow. Whenever I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied"....
  9. Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”: I live in a very wooded area and have an extreammly small bandwith. According to my task manager the only process passively taking up bandwith is this delivery optimization. I’ve already tried to stop througg the firewall and by disabling it under services. If anyone knows...
  10. Disable Delivery Content Optimization _Uploads_

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Delivery Content Optimization _Uploads_: I don't want to be part of Microsoft's P2P CDN for Windows 10 updates. How do I turn off uploads? I notice all the switches specifically refer to disabling downloads, and none of the sliders actually let you select "0" as the limit for uploading. If I turn off downloads,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable delivery optimization

2. how to disable delivery optimisation

3. what is service host delivery optimization

4. delivery optimization service files,
  5. stop delivery optimization service,
  6. delivery optimization folder,
  7. delivery optimazation cache,
  8. Delivery Optimization settings.,
  9. delivery optimization settings,
  10. delivery optimization files,
  11. disable delivery optimization access denied,