Disable Delivery Optimization

Discus and support Disable Delivery Optimization in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization? HP Pavilion 570-p076na Desktop PC: Windows 10 Home 64-bit. In Settings > Update &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pipmeister, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:32 AM.

1. pipmeister Win User

Is there a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization?

HP Pavilion 570-p076na Desktop PC: Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

In Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options > Delivery Optimization: “Allow downloads from other PCs” is turned Off.

With random frequency, my computer installs a folder called Delivery Optimization that contains a sub-folder called Cache that contains no files.

Disable Delivery Optimization 42152666390_70dc0a6a5a_c.jpg
    Delivery Optimization
    by Philip Mock, on Flickr

When I delete this folder I receive a pop-up that says I need Admin privileges, for which there is an option. I click on this option and the folder goes to my Recycle bin.

Sadly the folder re-installs itself after a random amount of time (usually a day or so).

I have also tried to disable Delivery Optimization in Component Services (local).

The first picture shows how I set the service to “Disable” Delivery Optimization.

In Properties I set Recovery to “Take No Action” and Reset Fail Count to 0 days.

Disable Delivery Optimization [​IMG]
    Component Services Local DO Stopped Disabled

This second picture is what happens after a random period, when the setting changes from “Disable” to “Manual (Trigger Start)” without my intervention.

Disable Delivery Optimization 42152670680_3c7bc41da3_b.jpg
    Component Services Local DO Stopped Manual Trigger Start

The third picture shows what happens after updating my P.C., which I do manually as I have a Metered Connection – the Service resets to “Running” again.

Disable Delivery Optimization [​IMG]
    Component Services Local DO Running Manual Trigger Start

Is there a way to permanently set the service to “Disable” so that it does not restart itself, which also results in the creation a folder on my Desktop?

Pip

:)

2. Jenicel Dri Win User

Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

3. SujataMoktan Win User
    Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:35 AM
  4. Deng_BunThai Win User

Should I disable delivery optimization service?

The Delivery Optimization service is very annoying, It makes my internet connection slow badly.

So, can I disable it?

If so, are there any problems?

Should I disable it?

Deng_BunThai, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:35 AM
Thema:

1. Disable Delivery Optimization - Similar Threads - Disable Delivery Optimization

2. how to PERMANENTLY DISABLE a Windows F***ing Update ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to PERMANENTLY DISABLE a Windows F***ing Update ??: as in P - E - R - M - A - N - E - N - T - L - Y ... i'm always disabling its update service in services.msc but the glorious internet data f***er Microsoft are Enabling it and starts the download of the update without my permission. its very frustrating because i have a...
  3. How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When a critical error is encountered by the Windows operating system, the system throws a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This Blue Screen of Death then throws in the error code on the bottom left region and then reboots the [...] This post How to disable Automatic...
  4. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...
  5. How to disable fullscreen optimization.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable fullscreen optimization.: Hi, I have been having issues with my fps being capped to 60 due to the full screen optimization I disabled it on one game and its stopped being capped but some games don't give me the option. Is there any way that I can disable full screen optimization completely from all my...
  6. How do I disable the notification icon on my acer laptop? as it keeps popping up and making...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the notification icon on my acer laptop? as it keeps popping up and making...: How do I disable the notification icon on my laptop? as it keep popping up and making a lot of noices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-disable-the-notification-icon-on-my-acer/de41b656-b1b8-4951-81d2-fb583da0d19e
  7. Is there a way to disable gamepads from interacting with Windows 10 UI?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to disable gamepads from interacting with Windows 10 UI?: Windows 10 didn't originally have this feature, but one of the updates made it so that pressing A on a gamepad (Logitech's old school one, XBox 360, or XBox 1) counted as clicking on the currently highlighted item. It also made the DPad navigate in menus, and other changes....
  8. How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10: [IMG] Booting the computer system involves loading an operating system from the various boot devices like drivers, network, and USB drives when the computer is switched on. Once the startup sequence finishes loading the operating system, the system hardware will be [...]...
  9. How to disable Google Update Service in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable Google Update Service in Windows 10?: Hello. I am trying to achieve what's said in title. I want to prevent Google Chrome from auto update in order to prevent some of their new features I don't like (new bookmark manager design). I went into msconfig and disabled Google Update Service (GUS), restarted Pc etc. It...
  10. How to disable Windows 10 Language features automatic installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable Windows 10 Language features automatic installation?: Hello, For some reason Windows 10 starts to trying to install optional language features "typing" and "optical character recognition" and fails every time with error 0x800F0841. I would not care if it will just fail every time, the thing that bothers me is that Windows...