Windows 10: disable directwrite

Discus and support disable directwrite in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; unfortunately I cannot find de location of this command in order to enable Hebrew characters I recently have installed win 10 pls yr instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by monP, Nov 24, 2015.

1. monP Win User

disable directwrite

unfortunately I cannot find de location of this command in order to enable Hebrew characters
    I recently have installed win 10
    pls yr instructions how to get through*sarc

:)

2. Fonts dont render correctly

Update: The issue is understood and a fix is being worked on. It only affects text drawn at very large sizes in apps that use hardware-accelerated graphics (DirectWrite and Direct2D APIs).

PeterCon [MSFT], Nov 24, 2015
  3. Since I upgraded to windows 10 my Bigfish games will not play in full mode

I am having a similar problem playing some bigfish games, namely the nancy drew series. I get an error that says either it needs directx to play or directwrite is not supported. Is there any solution to this in windows10?

TomBoyles6015, Nov 24, 2015
  4. monP Win User

disable directwrite

yet no answer to my previous demand
    actually I don't find de location in my system were to disable direct-write
    since the text turn into cubes

can someone send me a explicit answer how to come over this nasty problem which make win 10 unusable*Sleepy*Mad*Sick

5. MAXIQ Win User
    DirectWrite is part of DirectX API and it provides text rendering but it is problematic and it is causing lot of issues with text, Firefox browser dosn't use directwrite text rendering, to disable directwrite in chrome, open in Chrome chrome://flags and disable DirectWrite.

Regarding microsoft edge, it is a new browser and i have no idea how to disable directwrite in it.

Also you can do the following but you do it on your own risk, i am not sure 100% it will fix your problem, find all fonts older than this date "1/26/2012", and delete them. it may help solving your problem.

you can try another approach is adding hebrew language by:
    1- Press setings
    2- Choose time and language
    3- Choose region and language
    4- click the plus sign to add a language and add your hebrew language

MAXIQ, Nov 25, 2015
  6. monP Win User
    tks for yr reply, I still am at the same point, after ticking settings it turns over to these cubs and I cannot go further on

by ticking flags>directwrite it does not entering the location but the list from questions in IE

7. monP Win User
    *Smile tks for help

monP, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

disable directwrite

1. disable directwrite - Similar Threads - disable directwrite

2. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  3. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  4. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  5. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  6. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  7. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  8. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.: Hi, i remember diabling this setting a long time ago and can't remember how. today this annoying thing popped up again. I have tried a multitude of methods that have been previously posted, but appear to lack the options required to complete the instructions. please help me...
  10. Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.

Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.: Hi, i remember diabling this setting a long time ago and can't remember how. today this annoying thing popped up again. I have tried a multitude of methods that have been previously posted, but appear to lack the options required to complete the instructions. please help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable directwrite