Windows 10: disable DPI scaling by default for all apps

Discus and support disable DPI scaling by default for all apps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 DPI set to 150% and many apps are blurry. As you know, this is fixed by disabling DPI scaling per app, but I would like to do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DpiHell, Jul 7, 2018.

1. DpiHell Win User

disable DPI scaling by default for all apps

I have Windows 10 DPI set to 150% and many apps are blurry. As you know, this is fixed by disabling DPI scaling per app, but I would like to do that for all apps by default. I am already using the "XPE Windows 10 DPI Fix", but this does not fix it for me. I have researched it extensively and can't seem to find a way to do it. I have a right click context menu item for disable DPI scaling on an executable, but it makes me angry every time I have to do it manually.

Here's an example:
    https://i.imgur.com/2he5kk9.png
    On the left is what I get by default. After changing the setting in the center, I get the result on the right. I want the result on the right without having to disable DPI scaling manually.

The kicker is that I have an older computer which behaves exactly as I want: apps run without being blurry at 150% DPI (the same apps that are blurry on my new computer). That computer is running the release version of Windows 10 from 2015. I tweaked it heavily, disabled updates (not once did I need to update!), etc and it has worked great all this time. I got a new laptop and imaged my wonderfully configured Windows to it, only to find the laptop video driver can only be installed on a newer Windows version (something about switching between Intel and Nvidia on the fly). OK, fine, so I install Windows 10 fresh and I have this blasted DPI scaling problem.

I remember I had DPI scaling problems on my old Windows install when I first got it, but apparently I tweaked something to fix it. I can't remember what I did, though I found chat logs of me complaining about it to a friend (sadly I never mention a solution). It is running the "XPE Windows 10 DPI Fix", maybe that was enough? Any idea why that doesn't work for my newer computer? I don't know if things are different with the latest Windows 10 updates or if there is a tweak I haven't done on the new computer.

:)

DpiHell, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Disable High DPI Automatic Scaling

Hello,

What we can suggest to resolve the issue with your DPI settings is by following the steps on this
    article. Please note that these are only workarounds. DPI Scaling issues can be very tricky as these
    can involve multiple PC configuration. You would need to report this on our
    Feedback Hub
    for our Engineers to be notified of the issue as stated on the article.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Is there a way to force DPI scaling?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding DPI scaling.

Please be informed that you cannot force a DPI scaling on a particular app, right now there is no option to do that. If you have set a custom scaling level to 250% and if the app doesn’t support, to run the app, you have to disable
    dpi scaling for that particular app.

You may follow the below steps and check.

1. You may right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties.

2. On the Compatibility tab, select “Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings” and then click OK.

3. Now check if you can use the application.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Dgust Win User

Disable High DPI Automatic Scaling

Hi,

I have a few systems where I need to disable automatic scaling from occurring when connecting new screens.

Situation

DPI Scaling manually set to 100%

On connection to new screen, DPI Scaling changes to 125% automatically

Question:

How do I disable automatic DPI scaling changing my global settings from 100% to 125% when connecting a new screen?

I am ONLY interested in replies answering my clearly stated question above.

Thanks in advance

Dgust, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. disable DPI scaling by default for all apps - Similar Threads - disable DPI scaling

2. Toggle Override High DPI Scaling Behavior for *ALL apps* on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toggle Override High DPI Scaling Behavior for *ALL apps* on: My laptop screen is 15.6 inches in size, and its resolution is 1920x1080, thus windows is reccomending me to keep the screen scale at 125%, because if I keep it at 100% everything will be zoomed out: tiny and hard to read. However, if I keep it at 125% all apps are going to...
  3. Where's the option to Disable DPI Scaling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's the option to Disable DPI Scaling?: Recently bought a few games off steam and had some issues with the size of the windows, so after some reading, I found that the way to fix it is to disable dpi scaling. However, after multiple checks of the applications property menus, I have found that there is no such...
  4. unable to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings: I am experiencing blurry text on a high DPI screen in apps such as MS Word 15. The previous solution was to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings using the Compatibility Tab in the program's Properties dialogue. However, the Compatibility Tab no longer appears in my...
  5. unable to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings: I am experiencing blurry text on a high DPI screen in apps such as MS Word 15. The previous solution was to Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings using the Compatibility Tab in the program's Properties dialogue. However, the Compatibility Tab no longer appears in my...
  6. disable DPI scaling by default for all apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable DPI scaling by default for all apps: I have Windows 10 DPI set to 150% and many apps are blurry. As you know, this is fixed by disabling DPI scaling per app, but I would like to do that for all apps by default. I am already using the "XPE Windows 10 DPI Fix", but this does not fix it for me. I have researched it...
  7. DPI scaling on the second screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DPI scaling on the second screen?: Windows 10 Anniversary... I can go to 150% scaling in PRIMARY and MIRROR but when I use only the secondary screen (it's a TV) the DPI scaling is disabled... why? 63249
  8. Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.: Hi guys, i really hope that here someone can help me. I'm trying for 2 days to get windows 10 works corrrectly with dpi scaling but nothing. After installation everything is fine but after a while, and some programs installed, something goes wrong. I use rocketdock like dock...
  9. disable dpi scaling for all programs in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    disable dpi scaling for all programs in windows 10: Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and I am disappointed to see that some of my programs are now blurry. I had encountered this problem before when I installed Windows 8.1, but somehow I was able to fix it. I can remove the blurriness from individual programs by...
  10. High DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    High DPI scaling: Hey, I bought a 4k screen yesterday and I have this annoying issue with scaling. In 100% I can't see anything, so the solution is windows scaling. The issue is that a lot of programs doesn't work well with this method and makes the app almost unusable. Example:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable app to run without dpi scaling

2. disable dpi scaling for all users