Windows 10: Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition

Discus and support Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have tried the registry edit I found on other pages but I havent seemed to get it disabled. Anyone have any tips or suggestions to get error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jscarano, Aug 6, 2016.

1. jscarano Win User

Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition

I have tried the registry edit I found on other pages but I havent seemed to get it disabled. Anyone have any tips or suggestions to get error reporting disabled? thanks

:)

jscarano, Aug 6, 2016

2. Anniversary Update on an ASUS T100TAF

Same problem.

Already have Windows 10, error upgrading to Anniversary Edition, display not compatible.

Have tried updating driver, disabling driver, replacing driver with Microsoft Basic Display Driver. Same results.

fantailfan, Aug 6, 2016
  3. J W Stuart, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition

Just disabling the service should do, but there a few others you might use.

rem Windows Error Reporting Service
    sc config WerSvc start= disabled

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\QueueReporting" /Disable

rem 1 - Disable Windows Error Reporting (WER)
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "Disabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "Disabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Disable WER sending second-level data
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "DontSendAdditionalData" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "DontSendAdditionalData" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Disable WER crash dialogs, popups
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "DontShowUI" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "DontShowUI" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Disable WER logging
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "LoggingDisabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "LoggingDisabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

TairikuOkami, Aug 6, 2016
  5. jscarano Win User
    Are these all different registry edits? Thanks

jscarano, Aug 6, 2016
  6. Yes, the description says, what it does. HKCU disables it for the current user and HKLM entry disables it for everyone.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition

1. Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition - Similar Threads - Disable error reporting

2. Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: I tried the Windows 10 Anniversary to disable the lock screen using the Task Scheduler that is posted on your website.....it didnt work for me. I want to be able to go straight to the log in screen at start up of my computer....can someone help please. Thanks Jeannie...
  3. Error when updating to anniversary edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error when updating to anniversary edition: My laptop just popped up with the update for w10 home edition to the new anniversary edition. I ran the update and after all was said and done (no obvious errors or messages) I got the message that an error occurred and the error code was 0x80010108.... I tried again a couple...
  4. Where is the Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  5. Windows 10 Anniversary Update and DU meter Reporting Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update and DU meter Reporting Error: Hello, My DU meter stopped reporting and collecting data after the 10 Anniversary Update. As you can see from the first screen shot my taskbar used to display the upload/download speeds but now it's just black I tried reinstalling DU meter but no luck. Win10...
  6. Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Good morning every one. I realize we're all suffering from boredom while waiting for the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10, but I'm trying to make plans for a clean install and the apps I will want to add. I figure I'm not alone in this quest, so I thought we could all weigh...
  7. Disable Windows Error Reporting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Windows Error Reporting: When a program crashes, how do you disable the menu that pops up that ask if you want to fix it and then attempts to send data? 9719
  8. Anniversary Update Report

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update Report: I've been delaying updating my desktop PCs to the Anniversary Update (AU) due to previous reports on the forum of missing drives or drives appearing in RAW format. I haven't noticed any recent reports of this issue so I went ahead and upgraded my father's PC two days ago....
  9. Trouble downloading Windows 10 Anniversary edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble downloading Windows 10 Anniversary edition: I'm trying to download the Windows 10 Anniversary edition, I get error messages like “Something went wrong. Couldn’t download Windows 10. Check your network settings, and try again.” And when I try the Media creation tool, it appears to begin downloading, and stays on...
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Error Reporting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Error Reporting in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Error Reporting in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Error Reporting in Windows 10 Windows Error Reporting (WER) is a flexible event-based feedback infrastructure designed to gather information about the hardware and software...