Windows 10: Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations

Discus and support Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, In File Explorer, how do you disable it from automatically saving recent locations in the dropdown? (NOT the search bar) For instance, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danjgoodwin, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations

Hi guys,

In File Explorer, how do you disable it from automatically saving recent locations in the dropdown? (NOT the search bar)

For instance, I am typing %SCRIPTS% into the folder URL bar and its taking me to the folder location, but it saves the directory as a history.

1) Type %scripts% into the url bar
    2) Takes me to C:\users\dan\desktop\scripts
    3) saved C:\users\dan\desktop\scripts in the dropdown

How do I stop it from doing that? I know how to delete them manually, but I want the system to prevent it from doing that altogether.

Thanks,
    Dan

:)

danjgoodwin, Mar 2, 2018
  2. Inutakena Win User

unable to create folder when saving "save as"

I recently upgraded to windows 10. Once doing so, I found that I could not longer create a folder from the save as screen. I can navigate to the location I want to save the documents to but I can't create a new folder to save it in. Whenever I try,
    it freezes the application I'm trying to save from. Of course, I can always create a folder first through file explorer and then save the file but that is returning to ancient windows technology and clearly a glitch in the system. Is there a fix for this
    problem?

Inutakena, Mar 2, 2018
  3. TomMcNutt Win User
    File Explorer in Win 10 taskbar not showing Recent folders

This is not accurate, The File Explorer also only shows frequent folders. previous windows versions had recent folders, it was quite useful when saving files to the same location.

can you restore the feature please.

-Tom

TomMcNutt, Mar 2, 2018
  4. Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations

I don't know if there is a way to disable File Explorer address bar history collection but if you want you can right click the File Explorer address bar and select Delete history option from the context menu.

Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations [​IMG]

FreeBooter, Mar 2, 2018
  5. FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations

1. Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations - Similar Threads - Disable file explorer

2. File Explorer "Fixed" Folder Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer "Fixed" Folder Locations: I'm a little confused about the folders that are "fixed" in file explorer. In the picture below, you can see in the upper left corner, above my pinned folder, there are some folders there that seem to be permanent. This is fine, but I used to have my video folder there too. I...
  3. File Explorer "Fixed" Folder Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer "Fixed" Folder Locations: I'm a little confused about the folders that are "fixed" in file explorer. In the picture below, you can see in the upper left corner, above my pinned folder, there are some folders there that seem to be permanent. This is fine, but I used to have my video folder there too. I...
  4. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer "save as" folders not showing: Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to save a file. When the "save as" window opened, the left side folder directory was totally gone – total white space. I have a...
  5. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer "save as" folders not showing: Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to save a file. When the "save as" window opened, the left side folder directory was totally gone – total white space. I have a...
  6. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders: I have a folder that I share with another person, with many folders inside it. When they save their files, they will be in many different folders. How can I sort and see the most recently saved files, without seeing the containing folders? When I sort now, all I can do is...
  8. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer: Hi guys, I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible idea. I have searched how to apply this but I can't seem to get it to work, including the link below. I work for a large...
  9. File Explorer cannot locate folder.

File Explorer cannot locate folder.: I have an application folder created inside Program Data, i.e path C:/ProgramData/AppName. I am able to access files located at this path from code. Physically Folder exists, but when going to that path from File Explorer it does not show that folder. I tried following...
  10. Adding "Recent" to file save location suggestions

Adding "Recent" to file save location suggestions: I am so frustrated that Windows 10 does not seem to have the "recent" options for locations to save/search for a file. I use a large folder system and am many layers deep in different locations throughout the day. I seem to be spending so much time drilling down to what I...