Windows 10: Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?

Discus and support Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hiya. I'm trying to disable the Thumbnails for those ugly "Live Folders". However, I can't seem to figure out how to turn them off without also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MalachiDraven, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?

Hiya. I'm trying to disable the Thumbnails for those ugly "Live Folders". However, I can't seem to figure out how to turn them off without also disabling the thumbnails for individual image files.

Does anybody know how to disable *just* the Live Folder thumbnails?

:)

MalachiDraven, Oct 4, 2016

2. Corrupt folder icon image?

This happens if the folder picture (folder.jpg) is an exact square image. Unfortunately, in that case Windows 10 scales down the image visually and shows the white border. Workaround is to crop the image to non-square dimension.

[Fix] Folder Thumbnails Appear With White Border in Windows 10 » Winhelponline :

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/folder-thumbnails-white-border-windows-10/

And then, you need to stop WMP from overwriting/replacing the folder thumbnail image (from folder.jpg). This article should help.

WMP Overwrites Album Art and Folder Thumbnails. How to Stop it? » Winhelponline :

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/wmp-overwrite-album-art-folder-thumbnails-fix/

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 4, 2016
  3. Thumbnails error for Images

Hello, my name is Myra and i have a problem with thumbnails. the thumbnails shows as a jpeg icon as in the picture

i've disabled "Always show icon , never thumbnail" in
    "
    Folder and search options" and also “Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails” in
    Gpedit any solutions ? ask me if you need something

Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails? [​IMG]

Myra Arcadia, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?

1. Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails? - Similar Threads - Disable Folder Thumbnails

2. Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!: Hi There,I was wondering if there was a way to stop my folders from reverting back to double-leaf images in Windows 10. I have one particular folder that has several hundred other picture and movie folders within it that I have painstakingly created to show large single-leaf...
  3. Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!: Hi There,I was wondering if there was a way to stop my folders from reverting back to double-leaf images in Windows 10. I have one particular folder that has several hundred other picture and movie folders within it that I have painstakingly created to show large single-leaf...
  4. Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working

in Windows 10 Support
    no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working: Hi there, for some time now all videos on my system are without thumbnails in the explorer. Image files are shown correctly with thumbnails. I already tried all recommended solutions like deleting the thumbnail cache (manually and via disk cleaner), checked all settings in...
  6. Thumbnails, folder images disappeared

Thumbnails, folder images disappeared: I've formatted my SSD where Windows for a clean install, after which folder icons, folder images and file thumbnails disappeared. I just confirmed that I can change the image folder of a newly created folder but not folders created before the formatting which display an empty...
  7. Thumbnails, image folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails, image folder disappeared: I formatted my SSD with Windows for a clean install and since then, mp4 thumbnails are not showing anymore (used to manually change those), instead showing the VLC icon. Image folders don't work anymore, in that I don't see those I've personalized and I changing it, or...
  8. Folder or image Thumbnails

Folder or image Thumbnails: Hi there, I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail. Examples: Cntrol+shift+2 I press again and again. So I want always to show thumbnail type content in all folders. Thanks All COR Designer...
  9. Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image: The thumbnail image flashes when I open a folder in pictures. how do I get the picture image to remain open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-image/f58e2e4c-8d6c-475e-87a9-3f614c02dff5"
  10. image on thumbnails

image on thumbnails: In older versions of windows you could see images of what was in an svg file. With windows 10 you can't. I save a lot of craft patterns, and it takes forever to find the file I'm looking for without an image on the thumbnail. Is there a way to set this up?...