Windows 10: Disable Hidden JPGs For Album Art?

Discus and support Disable Hidden JPGs For Album Art? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't want Windows creating folder.jpg, albumartsmall.jpg and so on for my music. I don't need or want them. Is there a setting I'm not finding or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flhthemi, Dec 21, 2017.

1. flhthemi Win User

Disable Hidden JPGs For Album Art?

I don't want Windows creating folder.jpg, albumartsmall.jpg and so on for my music. I don't need or want them. Is there a setting I'm not finding or a way to turn this behavior off?

:)

flhthemi, Dec 21, 2017

2. Ovi Suite and getting Album Art onto a 5230

AFAIK Ovi syncs only the mp3 files themselves and not the albums which are hidden since Ovi cannot see hidden files. The best option is when you tag album art into your mp3, you should embed them, meaning make the jpg file an actual part of the mp3 file.
    This may be done if you use mp3tag to put album art to your files.

chanchan05, Dec 21, 2017
  3. Album Artwork Nokia 5800

Hi,

I am now using updated version of Nokia Music (1.3) which rescale the album art better than the older version. As I descript in my previous email, by edit the album art and update the album will normally link the album art to your album and song is the associated
    album folder.

For confirmation, after the Nokia Music Album Art update, two jpg files will be generated in your album directory

1) Folder.jpg

2) AlbumArtSmall.jpg

Both are hidden files, thus you need to set your pc to show hidden files and folder to view them.

You can use Nokia Music to transfer music to your phone or manually copy and paste the "whole album directory" to your nokia phone. either way should show the Album Art when playing the music.

Good luck.

Regards,

infinity_way, Dec 21, 2017
  4. Disable Hidden JPGs For Album Art?

It's actually Windows Media Player doing that, not Windows itself - are you using WMP as your music player? A quick search doesn't come up with any way to stop WMP from generating those files.

PolarNettles, Dec 21, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Disable "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service” in Services.

Edwin, Dec 21, 2017
  6. flhthemi Win User
    Thank you, I'll give that a try!

flhthemi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable Hidden JPGs For Album Art?

1. Disable Hidden JPGs For Album Art? - Similar Threads - Disable Hidden JPGs

2. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?: Hello, how can one add album art using WMP? The "Paste Album Art" does not appear as an option when right clicking on an album. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-album-art-does-not-appear-as-an-option-how/8701ff6d-4a6b-4757-a3ae-7f64d347c445
  3. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?: Hello, how can one add album art using WMP? The "Paste Album Art" does not appear as an option when right clicking on an album. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-album-art-does-not-appear-as-an-option-how/8701ff6d-4a6b-4757-a3ae-7f64d347c445
  4. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 3d album art visualization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3d album art visualization: Since replacing my old Win7 computer last week after it died completely rendering it useless, I discovered Media Player still resides in the background of win10. I miss This 3d album art visualization so much, and have only found websites that describe it, but none that will...
  6. 3d album art visualization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d album art visualization: Since replacing my old Win7 computer last week after it died completely rendering it useless, I discovered Media Player still resides in the background of win10. I miss This 3d album art visualization so much, and have only found websites that describe it, but none that will...
  7. Groove not showing album art

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove not showing album art: Groove isn't showing album art for 85% of the albums. I really like the live tile feature so not having album art is annoying. VLC does this fine, but I want to use Groove for the interface. The Groove app on my phone has no trouble showing album art for all of my albums....
  8. Album art pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Album art pictures: Windows 10 Home edition version 1903.I have a lot of "Album art"pictures I don`t want and would like to delete them as they have got mixed up in some music albums is it safe to do so? 142745
  9. Media Player album art

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player album art: Where has the paste album art option in Windows Media Player gone? Is the now another way to add the desired album cover? A lot of the stuff I need isn't available for digital sale anywhere so info can't be found by the media player. Old demo tapes from very obscure, and...
  10. Icons and album art

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons and album art: do not appear in Windows file Explorer after Windows 10 update is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-and-album-art/6263e8a0-6dc2-4d1c-a190-eda0ebbd7754