Windows 10: Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working

Discus and support Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since the 19th when my computer installed the following updates Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3135173)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sparrowhawke, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working

Since the 19th when my computer installed the following updates

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3135173)
    Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142)
    Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3135782)

it will no longer fully shut down. Having encountered this issue when I first upgraded to 10 I went to turn off hybrid sleep, and the option is currently disabled on the device. However, the only way to fully shut it down is to hold the power button till it shuts off.

Is there any way to fix this? I'd rather not have to unplug everything every time I shut it off just so the lights won't keep me awake.

:)

Sparrowhawke, Feb 20, 2016
  2. dj.aus Win User

Windows 10: On computer 'wake up' video_tdr_failure (igdkmd64.sys)

I MEANT HYBRID SLEEP not active.

dj.aus, Feb 20, 2016
  3. RonB51 Win User
    Windows 10 Sleep Mode no longer working

I upgraded to Windows 10 with no issues. After about a week, sleep mode stopped working. It works fine if I force it into sleep mode by selecting Power...Sleep. But, it will no longer go into sleep on it's own once the specified time interval has elapsed.
    I tried a couple of suggestions offered on this subject:

Under advanced settings.....Multimedia.... I set "Sharing Media" to "Allow to sleep".

Under sleep I enabled "Hybrid Sleep".

Neither of the above had any affect. Are there any other suggestions? Perhaps there is a way of determining which function is causing the laptop to NOT enter sleep mode?

Thanks.

RonB51, Feb 20, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working

I'm not sure what method you are using to adjust Hybrid Sleep. Are you using Change Advanced Power Options?

See option 1: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...a.html#option1

Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working [​IMG]

If any settings are unavailable use the link to "Change settings that are currently unavailable"

philc43, Feb 21, 2016
  5. Yes, I used that option to turn it off, I even attempted to restore them to the default setting and turn them off again using that method, but still no results.

Sparrowhawke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working

1. Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working - Similar Threads - Disable Hybrid Sleep

2. Does Hybrid Sleep not work with WSA/WSL enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Hybrid Sleep not work with WSA/WSL enabled?: the option to enable it isnt available in the control panel's power options and when i run this command "powercfg.exe -a" it gives me this error in relation to hybrid sleep "The hypervisor doesnt support this standby state", is anyone else having this?...
  3. no hybrid sleep option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no hybrid sleep option: Problem in Windows 10 with all possible updates. In Control panel\Hardware and sound\Power options\Edit plan settings, option "Change advanced power settings", there is no "Allow hybrid sleep" under the tab "Sleep". The options are "Sleep after", "Hibernate after" and "Allow...
  4. Power and Sleep Function in Windows 10 is no longer working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power and Sleep Function in Windows 10 is no longer working properly: Recently, I realized that my Windows 10 desktop is no longer shutting the monitor off or powering down to sleep mode. I've been scanning the internet and it seems that this is not a new Windows 10 issue and it might be due to a recent Windows update. I have followed...
  5. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid Sleep: I have looked at the web and whilst some say it is a beneficial feature, others say to disable it. I read one link that stated even Microsoft recommended disabling it to prevent it from interfering with Windows updates. I have it disabled at present. Comments please. 173412
  6. Function keys no longer working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function keys no longer working: Hello...got a Microsoft request to upgrade my os Windows 10 as it was soon to become outdated. Did that yesterday and since then none of the function keys on my laptop HP Envy work at all. This is very frustrating, especially given the need to adjust volume levels during...
  7. Hybrid sleep not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hybrid sleep not working: This started happening after i reset my pc. I have background apps for my mic and customization purposes, but when my computer goes to sleep, they all stop working once i wake it up. I asked a while ago and they said to enable hybrid sleep, but it is on and has been on for a...
  8. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hybrid Sleep: Hi all, I'm trying to find instructions for Hybrid Sleep, but my Googles keep showing me Power options which are absent from myWindows Version 2004 20H1 - OS Build v19041.508, 64-bit OS, Installed on 1-Jun-2020. Can anyone please direct me to Hybrid Sleep setup...
  9. Enabling Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Enabling Hybrid Sleep: Hello all! I hope to be a frequent contributor but I joined specifically to try and find a definitive answer to a question that I cannot find fully answered anywhere. I want my Windows 10 HP All-In-One desktop to enter hybrid sleep after I'm through with my work and be...
  10. Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep?: Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep in Windows 10? This is what WIkipedia says in the article about Sleep mode: Sleep mode and hibernation can be combined: the contents of RAM are first copied to non-volatile storage like for regular hibernation, but then, instead of...