Windows 10: Disable lock screen in Windows 10.

Discus and support Disable lock screen in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Previously I was able to disable the lock screen in Windows 10 by editing the registry, however in the November update version this no longer appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tinman9898, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Disable lock screen in Windows 10.

Previously I was able to disable the lock screen in Windows 10 by editing the registry, however in the November update version this no longer appears to work. Please advise as to how I can get rid of the Lock screen in the latest version Windows 10. Thanks.

:)

tinman9898, Apr 11, 2016
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 11, 2016
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disable lock screen in Windows 10.

Brink, Apr 11, 2016
  5. Thanks for your reply. Microsoft seem to making it easy for people to revert back to Windows 7. Seriously thinking of going back to 7 myself due to no Media center, unable to turn of telemetry completely, unable to choose which Windows updates I install and now being unable to boot straight into windows without the delay of the lock screen slowing things down. Windows 10 appears to have too many things missing compared to 7, too many things I'm not interested in such as Cortana and Edge and is very restrictive, although free it appears people are actually having to pay for it in other ways.

tinman9898, Apr 11, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You could set Windows to automatically sign in to your account at startup to bypass the lock and sign-in screen.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

You can disable or turn off Cortana if you like.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Internet Explorer is still in Windows 10 if you don't want to use Edge. Plus, you can also install and use any 3rd party web browsers like Firefox or Chrome.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 11, 2016
  7. Thanks Brink. I am already using Firefox and have hidden and turned to off as many settings as I could find for Cortana and the Microsoft spyware telemetry settings. Will have a look at your suggestion for bypassing the lock screen. Thanks for being so helpful.

tinman9898, Apr 11, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable lock screen in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Disable lock screen

2. cannot disable lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot disable lock screen: I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming...
  3. Keys disabled and screen locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys disabled and screen locked: Due to covid-19 im working from home. My daughter was playing about with my laptop and shes managed to disable the keys and lock the screen! Ive had a look on google but cant find a solution....can anyone help?...
  4. How to disable Windows 10 Automatic Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Windows 10 Automatic Lock Screen?: After windows update, windows would automatically lock the screen and require password to login again. I walk away from my desk for a minute, the screen is locked. I walk to the printer for a minute, I need to lock in with password again. This is utterly annoying and...
  5. Disable the Lock Screen?

Disable the Lock Screen?: Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks 6552
  6. Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: I tried the Windows 10 Anniversary to disable the lock screen using the Task Scheduler that is posted on your website.....it didnt work for me. I want to be able to go straight to the log in screen at start up of my computer....can someone help please. Thanks Jeannie...
  7. Disable inactive lock screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable inactive lock screen.: Good afternoon, I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity. I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on...
  8. Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Cortana on your Lock Screen in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of...
  9. Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are...
  10. Can't Disable Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Disable Lock Screen: This issue has plagued me since I've transitioned to Windows 8 and up. The Lock Screen feature (primarily ctrl + w) gets in the way of using certain programs. I've tried a few methods, all of which either don't work or stopped working. Registry Editor [img] Local Group...