Windows 10: Disable login screen after remote desktop session

Discus and support Disable login screen after remote desktop session in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I want to know if it possible to disable the annoying login screen in the computer after remote desktop session. I have netplwiz with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alesyt0h, Aug 13, 2015.

1. alesyt0h Win User

Disable login screen after remote desktop session

Hello!

I want to know if it possible to disable the annoying login screen in the computer after remote desktop session.

I have netplwiz with automatically logins after boot and I know the trick tscon.exe 0 /dest:console and it works, but I use remote desktop to connect to my pc from a windows tablet, and it's a pain type the command in the cmd every time I need to disconnect.

Is there any other tweak for this like registry fix or something?

Thank you so much!

:)

alesyt0h, Aug 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop won't support "Use all my monitors..." in Remote Desktop

Anyone else seeing this?

• Create a new desktop with the Task View button.
    • Switch to the new, empty desktop.
    • Open a remote desktop session, selecting the "Use all my monitors for the remote screen" option.
    • The remote session opens on all screens, as desired, but it is also on all desktops.

I would like the remote session to "stay" on the virtual desktop it was opened on and leave everything else alone. This current state is rather worthless.

Dann_Borden, Aug 13, 2015
  3. windows 10 - remoteapp support

After upgradig from Windows 7 ultimate to winodws 10 pro i can't get Windows remoteapps to work.

After using a rdp file to open the remote app the Connection first gets established but after entring User/Password for the remote Desktop session the session just dies and no remote Desktop app is opening on the Client side.

There are also not fault Messages or error is shown.

Login in the remote hoist by just using a remote Desktop session works fine.

I've tested the setup with a basic simple remoteapp link that opens the Notepad on the remote machine.

This works fine on Windows 7 but now i have this issues with Windows 10

Any help on this would be much appreciated

Cheers

here the Content of remotedesktop app file to start the remoteapp Notepad.rdp

redirectclipboard:i:1

redirectposdevices:i:0

redirectprinters:i:1

redirectcomports:i:1

redirectsmartcards:i:1

devicestoredirect:s:*

drivestoredirect:s:*

redirectdrives:i:1

disableremoteappcapscheck:i:1

session bpp:i:32

prompt for credentials on client:i:1

span monitors:i:1

use multimon:i:1

remoteapplicationmode:i:1

server port:i:3389

allow font smoothing:i:1

promptcredentialonce:i:0

authentication level:i:2

full address:s:192.168.56.103

remoteapplicationname:s:||notepad

remoteapplicationcmdline:s:

remoteapplicationprogram:s:notepad

alternate full address:s:192.168.56.103

alternate shell:s:rdpinit.exe

screen mode id:i:2

winposstr:s:0,3,0,0,800,600

compression:i:1

keyboardhook:i:2

audiocapturemode:i:0

videoplaybackmode:i:1

connection type:i:2

disable wallpaper:i:1

allow desktop composition:i:1

disable full window drag:i:1

disable menu anims:i:1

disable themes:i:0

disable cursor setting:i:0

bitmapcachepersistenable:i:1

audiomode:i:0

redirectdirectx:i:1

autoreconnection enabled:i:1

prompt for credentials:i:0

negotiate security layer:i:1

remoteapplicationicon:s:

shell working directory:s:

gatewayhostname:s:

gatewayusagemethod:i:4

gatewaycredentialssource:i:4

gatewayprofileusagemethod:i:0

use redirection server name:i:0

displayconnectionbar:i:1

redirectclipboard:i:1

JimmyBlunt, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Simple create a batch file and save it on remote host: put this command in the batch file if the remote host is Windows 10, change the session ID 1 to 0 if it's a legacy Windows:
    Code: tscon.exe 1 /dest:console[/quote] Because the tscon.exe needs to be run elevated (as administrator), create an elevated shortcut for your batch file and place the shortcut on desktop of the host. Now when you want to disconnect the session and unlock the remote host restoring the local user's desktop, simply double click / tap the shortcut.

Check this tutorial at our sister site the Seven Forums for creating an elevated shortcut: Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User - Windows 7 Help Forums

5. alesyt0h Win User
    Because the tscon.exe needs to be run elevated (as administrator), create an elevated shortcut for your batch file and place the shortcut on desktop of the host. Now when you want to disconnect the session and unlock the remote host restoring the local user's desktop, simply double click / tap the shortcut.

Check this tutorial at our sister site the Seven Forums for creating an elevated shortcut: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/193743-elevated-program-shortcut-create-standard-user.html

Kari[/quote] Thanks for reply!

Yeah, I thought about the batch file, but I still prefer some registry fix, if exist of course!

alesyt0h, Aug 13, 2015
  6. AMGPilot Win User
    I was having the same issue and found this post.

Thank you so much! It works great!

AMGPilot, Aug 19, 2015
  7. Kari Win User
    You are welcome. Good to hear from a satisfied user *Smile

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable login screen after remote desktop session - Similar Threads - Disable login screen

2. Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session: [IMG]If you use an old version of Hyper-V and it displays an error message saying Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session, here is how you can eliminate the issue. Even if you get this problem on a newer version of Hyper-V, you could still follow the same tips to...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  5. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Login session screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login session screen?: Is there any possible way to make Windows 10 not prompt for the User Name and only have to enter a Password? My setup is that whenever I boot into Windows, I need to enter both my username and password, but I want to just enter a password, but KEEPING THE CURRENT LOGIN...
  7. Can't get my screen back after Remote Desktop session?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get my screen back after Remote Desktop session?: Hi everyone this is kind of a specific use case, but I'm trying to switch back and forth on my PC between remote desktop mode from my other PC and back to my regular monitor. The problem I'm having is that when I switch to Remote Desktop and end the session, then when I turn...
  8. Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session: Hi All, I've just recently started using Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop When I remote to another device, say a PC. This causes the PC to automatically go to the lock screen. This seems to be default. I can still remotely access the PC, everything is fine except the person...
  9. Remote Desktop without loging off after Session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop without loging off after Session: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to do login on a remote computer using remote desktop but I want the session to stay on doing automatic tasks and not go to logon screen even if I close the remote desktop conection on the client side is that possible? 131171
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 remote desktop session: I'm trying to connect to my work computer using remote desktop. I have physical access to both. I am getting the following error: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop bypass login screen

2. Disable login screen after remote desktop session

3. how to disable remote desktop going to login screen

4. disable login after rdp,
  5. hide login screen rds,
  6. stop log in screen remote desktop,
  7. remote desktop shared logins,
  8. logon screen after RDP logon,
  9. disable login after remote desktop,
  10. disable login option in remote desktop