Windows 10: Disable Network Connections

Discus and support Disable Network Connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Finally gave up on the Realteck PCIe GBE Ethernet and decided to go with the built in Wifi (Dell Wirreless 1502). Internet speeds are up and signal is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Disable Network Connections

Finally gave up on the Realteck PCIe GBE Ethernet and decided to go with the built in Wifi (Dell Wirreless 1502). Internet speeds are up and signal is strong, even though page loading stalls every one out of three times. But this is an improvement
    !
    Disable Network Connections [​IMG]

However, I can't disable the Ethernet Network setting and have to unplug the cable to get WinX to use the wifi connection.

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015

2. Network Connection Disabled

My machine stays on and running 24/7 for use at home via remote connection.

My ethernet adapter will lose connection and will not reconnect randomly (usually overnight, although it has happened during the day twice). This issue also coincides with the monitor not turning back on.

The computer is set to never go to sleep; the display will turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity.

I did not have this problem with Win 8, just since the upgrade to 10.

iprelease and iprenew commands do not resolve the LAN issue.

Jon Taylor 111, Mar 25, 2015
  3. Network Connection Disabled

Please confirm that under the Ethernet adapter "allow computer to turn off device" is unchecked and wake is checked.

(network & sharing>advanced adapter settings>power management>

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 25, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Disable Network Connections

Why don't you disable wired network in the BIOS ?

CountMike, Mar 26, 2015
  5. Kari Win User
    First, your screenshot shows that the Ethernet cable is unplugged. Of course the Disable option is then grayed out because as the LAN connection does not exist at the moment, there's nothing to disable.

To disable Ethernet connections when the cable is unplugged, press WIN + X or right click the Start button to open the system menu. Select Device Manager:
    :

In Device Manager browse to your network controller, right click it and select Disable:

Confirm that you want to disable this device:

A small down pointing arrow overlay shows you now that the device is disabled:

Device remains disabled until you repeat the procedure to enable it.

6. Saltgrass Win User
    The network connections panel seems to become unusable after an upgrade install. You can do as Kari mentions or uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. On both of my systems, the Wifi was frozen also.

It seems a clean install does not suffer this problem...wonder why?

I think I can safely say, the Windows 10 experience can be quite different depending on your configuration, how you install or upgrade, and even if you are online and signed into a Microsoft Account... The inconsistencies make it hard to find answers to some of the questions.

Saltgrass, Mar 26, 2015
  7. WinX is working great for me, everything except the Network Connection. I know MS will correct it sooner or later, just wondering if only in my case or generally a jinx for all users.
    I was invited to install via the MS Insider program, so you'd think there would not be any major problems...

Mayagrafix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disable Network Connections

1. Disable Network Connections - Similar Threads - Disable Network Connections

2. Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range: I am trying to connect to a network, but it is not shown in the list of available networks. It is in fact available, but it is not shown. When I launch the troubleshooter, it insists on connecting me to a network that I previously had selected as "connect automatically", but...
  3. Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range: I am trying to connect to a network, but it is not shown in the list of available networks. It is in fact available, but it is not shown. When I launch the troubleshooter, it insists on connecting me to a network that I previously had selected as "connect automatically", but...
  4. Disable automatic connection of a wireless network not in range

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enable/Disable A Network Connection Using WMIC

Enable/Disable A Network Connection Using WMIC: Hello , You can use the following commands to enable or disable your network devices / adapters To find the network devices / adapters you want, you must use the following command wmic nic get name, index, NetConnectionID After finding the network devices / adapters you want...
  6. Cannot disable "Connect automatically" for unknown networks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot disable "Connect automatically" for unknown networks: [ATTACH] These are networks I've never connected to, and never want to. However they always appear with that checkmark ticked. If I untick, it just ticks it back. Ironically, my own network is never ticked (and if I tick it, it automatically unticks). This feels like a bug...
  7. disabling the auto-connecting of unknown networks!

disabling the auto-connecting of unknown networks!: My Wifi home network is going down all the time, because whatever unknown Wifi Connection can take the lead, as they are all marked as `Automatically` BUT mine. Every time I click on them one by one to uncheck `automatically connect`, seconds later, they are again all marked...
  8. Network Connection Disabled

Network Connection Disabled: I've had an ASUS Vivobook k570ud for almost a year now but recently whenever I boot up my laptop while plugged in it loses all network connection, and I'll have to unplug and do a soft or hard restart so that I can get any network connection back. I've tried reinstalling...
  9. Network connection disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network connection disabled: I accidentally disabled a network connection of mobile hotspot, Now the hotspot is not working. please tell me how to add that network connection step by step. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-connection-disabled/4e005d07-4337-4409-bb3f-023915b7f544
  10. Disable "Connect to networks shared by my contacts"

Disable "Connect to networks shared by my contacts": Hi everyone, Settings > Network & Internet > Manage Wi-Fi Settings Here on Microsoft help page, there's a tutorial on how to "turn off Connect to suggested open hotspots and Connect to networks shared by my contacts" Configure telemetry and other settings in your...