Windows 10: Disable Office ClickTorun forever

Discus and support Disable Office ClickTorun forever in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Dear all, I have installed office 365 on our 5 computers that joined to the domain but suddenly OfficeClickTorun start updating and consuming the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by samerrustom, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Disable Office ClickTorun forever

Dear all,
    I have installed office 365 on our 5 computers that joined to the domain but suddenly OfficeClickTorun start updating and consuming the whole connection.

How to disable OfficeClickTorun.exe please?

Best Regards,

:)

samerrustom, Mar 14, 2018
  2. dcbohn Win User

Win 10 high disk use post boot because of Office 2016

Thank you for your time and the link, but most of what was in the article I had already done. Uninstalling Office 2016 to prevent all of the clicktorun tasks from loading on boot/wakeup is not a solution that is acceptable. Installing third party products
    to "maintain" drivers also is not acceptable. FYI stop and think a minute, I have disabled most of the check for updates from google, adobe, etc and this article wants me to add in additional tasks to run at startup, that is a step or two backward.

While I can not say it clicktorun is a cause or a symptom, there are just so many running that they could be contributing to the problem. Also my symptoms are different than what the article calls 100% usage, after 20 to 30 minutes the laptop disk stops the
    usage. The usage is just to much junk fighting over the same limited resource. If I can find ways to delay things like MS Office clicktorun, or windows update check, etc, maybe by 10 minutes or so, the issue becomes immaterial.

dcbohn, Mar 14, 2018
  3. Reg. ClickToRun Folder Size Issue

Hi Team,

I have noticed that the folder ClickToRun; location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ClickToRun has grown to size of about 17.9 GB (11.7 GB OnDisk). Kindly let me know if there is a way to purge this folder without causing any problems to my OS. This is probably
    related to Office 365 setup or Office 2016 setup.

My Configuration

RAM: 4 GB

HDD: 2.3 TB

Mannishpatil, Mar 14, 2018
  4. Dch525 Win User

Disable Office ClickTorun forever

If it's a click to run installation, you can disable updates. Open any Office app and click on file and then on account or Office account. You should see a box labeled Office Updates. Click that and choose your updating options. You can go back at a later date and choose to search for updates manually.

Dch525, Mar 15, 2018
Thema:

Disable Office ClickTorun forever

1. Disable Office ClickTorun forever - Similar Threads - Disable Office ClickTorun

2. How to disable windows update forever?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable windows update forever?: Hi im trying to disable windows update forever, i Have disabled Windows update service but every i restart my laptop it is turned on, I want to disable windows update because it is restarting my pc without alert....
  3. uninstall or disable BitLocker forever in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstall or disable BitLocker forever in Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 home. I bought this device but noticed that there is BitLocker. It should only be for Windows 10 pro. How can I uninstall BitLocker? I disabled it via services.msc but do not know if it is temporarily or forever....
  4. Office Sign In Takes Forever Part 2

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Office Sign In Takes Forever Part 2: When signing in or signing out from windows 10 with onedrive, microsoft word, and etc. is taking so eternity.... what to do? Simple! just restart your computer.... because of.... check the highlighted green below.. [ATTACH]...
  5. Office, error 0xc000014 and clicktorun

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office, error 0xc000014 and clicktorun: This is evidently a problem which has afflicted different versions and builds of Windows for some years. All the threads seem to be oldish. Every now and again I get this error when trying to open any Office 2019 application (I understand that it also crops up for other...
  6. Win10 disable updates forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 disable updates forever: Hello, For planning support of oldest production lines technologies are required prepare more VM virtual machines one VM for one production line. Due compatibility and still working application are strongly recommended to disable win10 updates. How can be possible to...
  7. Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever: I'm using my computers in an isolated environment, so there is absolutely no threat of somebody else accessing my devices. Yet, every time windows starts it prompts me to log in to Microsoft account, after this bugs me to create a PIN. I need a way to disable the PIN...
  8. Disable SSD disk defragmentation FOREVER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable SSD disk defragmentation FOREVER: Most of my PCs have 2 hard drives - first SSD and second mechanical. So I disable defragmentation for SSD disk and change schedule to monthly for the second disk. But after any feature update installation configuration is changing to the the default weekly runs for all hard...
  9. Office Sign In Takes Forever

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office Sign In Takes Forever: Hello, Microsoft Community. Ever since 4 months ago, I have noticed that my office and my mail application on my laptop notified me that there was something wrong with my Microsoft account. I have tried to resolve this issue, but it only took me to a loading animation that...
  10. How to disable BITS service FOREVER !?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable BITS service FOREVER !?: I disabled background intelligent service with 4 different ways and it turns itself on again after re-starting windows (and recently before re-strating that). I KNOW it's important for windows to turn in on but I don't need my windows to be updated!!!!! because my internet...