Windows 10: Disable Offline Maps in Windows 10

Discus and support Disable Offline Maps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; is there a GPO or a registry key that can be changed to disable Offline Maps option in System Settings on a Windows 10 machine ? 54123 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Techy, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Techy Win User

Disable Offline Maps in Windows 10

is there a GPO or a registry key that can be changed to disable Offline Maps option in System Settings on a Windows 10 machine ?

:)

Techy, Jun 21, 2016
  2. Byu2 Win User

windows 10 mobile offline navigation

what is best offline navigation for windows 10 mobile? not maps. I know windows 10 and mobile can download maps and navigate the maps offline but not turn by turn navigation. I want to know which apps has offline turn by turn navigation use windows offline
    maps or download maps?

any suggestions?

3. tahirvirk Win User
    Pakistan Map Offline

why Pakistan offline map is not available at windows 10.

I want to install Pakistan offline map i want use this facilities

why use people not include pakistan offline map in windows 10.

can you tell me reply me as soon as it not fear

tahirvirk, Jun 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

it is in the Settings Gui.

bro67, Jun 22, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 22, 2016
  6. Techy Win User
    Thanks Guys.

The link and the GUI setting is only to disable automatic download of Maps.

I am looking for an option(registry/GPO) which can completely gray out the Maps option.

Techy, Jun 22, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I've only found a GPO to disable automatic map updates.

Disable Offline Maps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Brink, Jun 22, 2016
  8. Techy Win User

Thank you sir.

again. this is only to disable automatic updates of Maps.

This GPO does not gray out the Maps options in settings.

User can still manually click on download maps and perform the download.

Thanks for the efforts though.

Techy, Jun 22, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, I haven't found a way to completely disable Offline Maps yet either.

Brink, Jun 22, 2016
  10. Techy Win User
    yeah . that's where many of us are struggling.

if i find something, i will keep the forum posted. Thanks.

Techy, Jun 22, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    That can only be done at the Domain Level with the Enterprise edition. There is no need to gray it out. Disabling it is good enough for anyone.

bro67, Jun 26, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Struggling with what? Majority of the stuff that people ask about that falls under Policies that require the computer to be on a Domain, cannot happen with the Pro version. There are reasons why Microsoft sets different limitations between Workgroups and Domains.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Offline Maps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable Offline Maps

2. In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan...: In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan why no have Pakistan map ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-i-search-pakistan-offline-maps-but/4933bd80-5470-4e82-892b-805343445ba7
  3. Offline maps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline maps: Hi, I want to view my offline map for directions on my pc but I can't find it, can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps/c0c28de3-a164-4878-9b2c-d5b0b1e31a3d
  4. offline maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    offline maps: offline maps not working on settings when I go into start settings system storage change where content saved change where you store your offline maps there no option for my d drive even when I go into settings apps offline maps and when im in storage location its not there...
  5. offline maps in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    offline maps in windows 10: what is the reason that Pakistan map isn't listed in the offline maps of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-in-windows-10/98c2fac6-99c8-4693-aeb1-d49aa460ce6d
  6. offline maps

offline maps: Why are there no offline maps of Uzbekistan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps/5171a9c0-b095-4476-a04c-485a62f1e35a
  7. Offline Maps

Offline Maps: Where can I find downloaded offline maps, so that I can copy them over to my new laptop for traveling instead of having to download all over again ? Would simple copying works? Thanks for any advice. 49342
  8. Disable Offline Map downloads and updates

Disable Offline Map downloads and updates: Hello, If you browse to Settings>System>Offline Maps, you'll see the +Download Maps option, and further down, the "automatically update maps" toggle. How would one disable both of these from the registry? I'm starting the search in HKLM\System\Maps - but nothing that...
  9. Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Offline Maps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Offline Maps in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Offline Maps in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Offline Maps in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation...
  10. Download Offline Maps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download Offline Maps in Windows 10: How to: Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 How to Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation and turn-by-turn driving, transit, and walking directions....