Windows 10: Disable OneDrive

Discus and support Disable OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting this pop up everytime I boot the pc, I have turned off every One Drive setting I can find, how do I stop it ? 2699 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AddRAM, Oct 28, 2014.

1. AddRAM Win User

Disable OneDrive

I keep getting this pop up everytime I boot the pc, I have turned off every One Drive setting I can find, how do I stop it ?

:)

AddRAM, Oct 28, 2014
  2. srfreeman Win User

Disable Onedrive

Sounds like you are using the Home edition. To make any such changes you should use the Pro edition, at a minimum.

srfreeman, Oct 28, 2014
  3. Pjnn Win User
    Disable Onedrive

I am trying to disable Onedrive but I get a message that says "unable to find gpedit.msc" so I can't even get to local group policy editor to make change.

4. sygnus21 Win User

Disable OneDrive

Are you using a Microsoft account as you log-in?

And what happens when you click Next?

But yeah, you shouldn't be getting that on boot-up.

sygnus21, Oct 28, 2014
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Ya, it`s because I`m signed in to the Microsoft account, switching to a local account now, that should do the trick.

Sure does take awhile LOL *Biggrin

AddRAM, Oct 28, 2014
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    But you shouldn't have to switch to a local account to keep OneDrive from popping up like that. I've got both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, and I use my Microsoft account to log in and I don't get that during boot-up. There's definitely an issue, unless you just completely ignored setting it up in the first place. This is why I asked what happens when you hit Next?

BTW just because it's setup doesn't mean you have to use it.

sygnus21, Oct 28, 2014
  7. AddRAM Win User
    When I hit next the windows just disappears, anywho, all seems ok now.

I`m sure I ignored setting it up LOL *Biggrin

AddRAM, Oct 28, 2014
  8. sygnus21 Win User

Disable OneDrive

Well I'm not sure what's going on there. If the issue persists you might ask Brink, he's pretty good with OneDrive issues.

Peace *Cool

sygnus21, Oct 28, 2014
  9. davehc Win User
    I completed a reinstall a couple of days ago, from the Iso This was the second time I have reinstalled. I also have that popup now. My manual settings were exactly the same as previously. I also have that popup, now. Still investigating

davehc, Oct 28, 2014
  10. AddRAM Win User
    You have to sign out of the Microsoft account and sign in to a Local Account.

PC Settings>Users and Accounts

AddRAM, Oct 28, 2014
  11. davehc Win User
    I have never needed to sign in to a local account. I am sure your suggestion will work, but cures only the symptom, not the cause.

davehc, Oct 28, 2014
  12. Seems like a pretty minor issue to give up OneDrive for. I got rid of it with a reinstall but it recurred and I guess I'll just have to wait for the fix from Microsoft.

cyberrufus, Oct 28, 2014
  13. davehc Win User

Disable OneDrive

I agree. Bit od a puzzle that it is not being reported more often, but there we go.

davehc, Oct 28, 2014
  14. Kari Win User
    Good to know I'm not alone, I get that OneDrive pop-up, too. A local account is no option for me, nor is disabling OneDrive and sync settings.

15. badrobot Win User
    Clicking on "Turn off these OneDrive settings" did not work for you? I just clicked that during installation and it did not bother me again ever.

Disable OneDrive [​IMG]

badrobot, Oct 28, 2014
Thema:

Disable OneDrive

1. Disable OneDrive - Similar Threads - Disable OneDrive

2. disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer: First of all I deliberately deleted Onedrive because I don't want to use OneDrive. I want only LOCAL backup on MY computer. When I deleted the one drive files my LOCAL files were also deleted. I managed to restore the local files but I still want to TOTALLY disable ONEDrive...
  3. disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable OneDrive without losing local files on my computer: First of all I deliberately deleted Onedrive because I don't want to use OneDrive. I want only LOCAL backup on MY computer. When I deleted the one drive files my LOCAL files were also deleted. I managed to restore the local files but I still want to TOTALLY disable ONEDrive...
  4. How do i completely disable all of onedrive when installing Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i completely disable all of onedrive when installing Win10.: How do I reinstall win10 without any of the onedrive ****. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-disable-all-of-onedrive-when/05ef1842-d0c1-49da-a47b-3f912661c8b2
  5. How do i completely disable all of onedrive when installing Win10.

How do i completely disable all of onedrive when installing Win10.: How do I reinstall win10 without any of the onedrive ****. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-disable-all-of-onedrive-when/05ef1842-d0c1-49da-a47b-3f912661c8b2
  6. How do i completely disable all of onedrive when installing Win10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How can I disable Windows telling me to download the OneDrive mobile App at my login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable Windows telling me to download the OneDrive mobile App at my login screen?: Hello,I just began logging into my computer and noticed it had a prompt telling me to "Download the One Drive mobile app" before I press the space bar to enter my password credentials at access me desktop.How do I remove this prompt? I don't use One Drive, have no interest in...
  8. How can I disable Windows telling me to download the OneDrive mobile App at my login screen?

How can I disable Windows telling me to download the OneDrive mobile App at my login screen?: Hello,I just began logging into my computer and noticed it had a prompt telling me to "Download the One Drive mobile app" before I press the space bar to enter my password credentials at access me desktop.How do I remove this prompt? I don't use One Drive, have no interest in...
  9. How can I disable Windows telling me to download the OneDrive mobile App at my login screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. ONEDRIVE is disabled, but WORD files still syncing between 2 laptops using same MS account...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONEDRIVE is disabled, but WORD files still syncing between 2 laptops using same MS account...: any idea on how to stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-is-disabled-but-word-files-still-syncing/b5d8daf0-9335-4b2f-b344-c82dae460e19