Windows 10: Disable or change keyboard shortcuts

Discus and support Disable or change keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts (via Hotkeyp). But it's awkward wiggling around the plethora of built-in shortcuts, most of which I will never use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jul 10, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

Disable or change keyboard shortcuts

I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts (via Hotkeyp). But it's awkward wiggling around the plethora of built-in shortcuts, most of which I will never use. how can I alter them?

:)

tcebob, Jul 10, 2018

2. Keyboard shortcuts change

Hi Pandax,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What shortcuts you wish to change specifically on Windows 10 including shortcuts which start with Windows logo?

• Do you use Windows 10 on Desktop/Laptop?
    Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that you can use to perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can make it easier to work with your PC, saving you time and effort as you
    work with Windows and other apps. You may try the below steps on Windows 10 to change the settings related to Keyboard on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Ease of access.

• Select Keyboard and you can change the options as you wish.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 10, 2018
  3. How to change the default keyboard layout shortcut.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that presently you may change the default keyboard layout by pressing
    Windows key + space and I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the keyboard shortcut for the keyboard layout.

• If you would like to create shortcut for the applications, please follow the below steps:
    • Right click on the application and select properties.
    • Enter a key combination in the Shortcut key field. The combination must be CTRL + ALT + a letter / number.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Vijay B Win User

How do i disable keyboard shortcuts?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

If you are referring to the shortcuts within the game, then you have to go into the settings of the game and make the shortcuts changed. If you want to change the language of the keyboard, then I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable or change keyboard shortcuts - Similar Threads - Disable change keyboard

2. Keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard shortcut: Dear Mycrosoft team, I am Chhayleang,, using a Laptop Asus A441U running Windows 10. I am having a problem with a shortcut key Ctrl+X. This happened after I created 3 folders and saved 10 Word Files in them in the Download Folder in drive C: ;and I want to move all the...
  3. Keyboard -Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard -Shortcuts: Hi Not appearing emoji when I press Windows logo key + point (.) or semicolon (;). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcuts/b350a689-fee5-4e7e-8bec-c3359372acee
  4. Disable specific keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable specific keyboard shortcut: Hi I have a severe problem with the shortcut "Alt+Ctl+z" as when I press it, it zooms on screen which caused me the undo problem in photoshop. I can't get any step backward more than once. Any ideas of how can this problem can be fixed? Thanks...
  5. Disable Windows notification bar keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows notification bar keyboard shortcut: I'm playing a full-screen game and the Windows notification bar on the right opens up. Why? Is there a custom shortcut? How do I disable it? 88397
  6. How to change/fix keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change/fix keyboard shortcuts: Hey there, I'm having some problems with the new Virtual Desktops keyboard shortcuts. They all work fine except the Win + CTRL + Right to move to the one on the right and the Win + CTRL + F4 to close the current one. Is there any way to fix this or maybe change these...
  7. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: I've lost all keyboard shortcuts - how can I restore them? 27956
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: How do you turn OFF keyboard shortcuts? I never use them but when I'm typing, I often hit CTRL when I mean the Shift key and then whatever letter I hit next is then combined with CTRL and displays something I don't want. I've been unable to find the setting that hopefully...
  9. Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10: Hi, This is a small thing they added in Windows 10, but it's really annoying me. I like to use Win + Down arrow to minimise windows, but if you've already hit Win + Left or Right, Aero snapping to the side, Win + Down will snap the window to the corner instead of minimising....
  10. Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcuts: Hello Ladies & Gentlemen, I've been reading tutorials on keyboard navigation, as I'd like to learn to navigate Windows 10 without a mouse, and while I've mastered a few commands I'd like to know how to de-select highlighted text after CTRL-A has been pressed. I've pressed...