Windows 10: Disable or uninstall set up one drive popup

Discus and support Disable or uninstall set up one drive popup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 home X64 and it seems like every day I get a pop up telling me to set up one drive. I do not want to use it and can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bha19, Jan 27, 2017.

1. bha19 Win User

Disable or uninstall set up one drive popup

I am running Windows 10 home X64 and it seems like every day I get a pop up telling me to set up one drive. I do not want to use it and can't seem to uninstall it (I do not need to uninstall it).so how do I disable the pop up?

thanks

:)

bha19, Jan 27, 2017

2. Windows 10 folder permission problems

Just disabled and restarted. Appears that file access is not locking up but a popup requiring ADMIN approval still is popping up. Soooo update to WIN yesterday and disabling ONE DRIVE solves SOME of my problems.

BobHandshy, Jan 27, 2017
  3. Hyperlinks in IE 11 Windows 10 won't open unless I right click.

Hi,

Its your IE Popup blocker settings

or

One of your browser addon(s) (Google toolbar) that has popup blocker functionality. You don't need 2 popup blocker programs.... disable/uninstall the Google toolbar or other browser addons that you don't need.

or

Your IE security settings (which in turn determine how popup windows are opened).

or

The website you are visiting is programmed that way.

If possible please include links to problem websites with your questions.

If you are a web site programmer, post programming and network management questions about IE to the appropriate MSDN or TechNet support forums. Include a link to your website or a jsfiddle mashup with your questions.

Regards.

IECUSTOMIZER, Jan 27, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Open Task Manager (Right click on taskbar->Task Manager->Startup tab) and right click on onedrive ->disable

topgundcp, Jan 27, 2017
  5. bha19 Win User
    I already tried that and one drive is not there.

bha19, Jan 27, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Right click on the One Drive icon on the task bar. Select Settings. Uncheck the box for Start One Drive automatically when I sign into Windows. Then go back an right click on One Drive icon again and select exit.

Disable or uninstall set up one drive popup [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 27, 2017
  7. bha19 Win User
    Start automatically was not checked but I did exit the program from the icon so lets hope that fixes it. Thanks for all your help

bha19, Jan 27, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Sometimes it helps to check it, click ok to apply it, then go back and uncheck it again.

NavyLCDR, Jan 27, 2017
  9. bha19 Win User
    I will try that and report back

bha19, Jan 27, 2017
  10. bha19 Win User
    Still happening even after checking and unchecking

bha19, Jan 27, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
  12. bha19 Win User
    I never activated one drive so I could not kill it.
    I then went to "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall" and windows asked me for permission so I hope that fixes the problem. Usually when I start my computer one drive is gray in the task tray but now it is not there so Thanks for all the tips.

bha19, Jan 28, 2017
  13. bha19 Win User

O.K. I finally got to restart windows and one drive did not show up so uninstall seems to work.

bha19, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable or uninstall set up one drive popup - Similar Threads - Disable uninstall set

2. Uninstalled One Drive, set internal drive to my PC, files still save to One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled One Drive, set internal drive to my PC, files still save to One Drive: I've tried everything to get rid of One Drive. I don't want it, I don't need it, and it will not go away. I uninstalled One Drive, and my system settings show that my SSD drive is default for all my file types. Still, to not have files save to One Drive, I have to go to...
  3. Uninstalled One Drive, set internal drive to my PC, files still save to One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled One Drive, set internal drive to my PC, files still save to One Drive: I've tried everything to get rid of One Drive. I don't want it, I don't need it, and it will not go away. I uninstalled One Drive, and my system settings show that my SSD drive is default for all my file types. Still, to not have files save to One Drive, I have to go to...
  4. how to delete disable uninstall one drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete disable uninstall one drive: How can I delete one drive or uninstall it?. I have 2 computers, the older one has Win 7, the new has Win 10. I do not want the one drive on either one. I have tried the "help" functions but it is not successful, the list of installed programs does not show the one drive...
  5. setting up one drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setting up one drive: I can't set up one drive because I don't have a work or school email account and keep getting notices that I need to set up one drive. WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-one-drive/0d2992d3-344a-4af1-9a82-6dd444f9c1e7
  6. Uninstall one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall one drive: If I uninstall one drive, will I return to my regular photo import? (Photos icon on task bar). Don't want to use One Drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-one-drive/0c5f24d2-0703-4acb-a28b-6ca16179aef5"
  7. unable to set up microsoft one drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to set up microsoft one drive: I recently installed windows 10 and wish to take full advantage of the security, hence i need to protect myself from ransomware by creating a one drive account. apparently my email address is associated with two accounts, one personal that i just created and one business...
  8. One Drive - Uninstall

One Drive - Uninstall: i posted this in another thread but did not get a reply. I have unticked 'Start OneDrive when I sign into windows' in the OneDrive App. But OneDrive still appears in File Explorer. According to the tutorial 'How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File...
  9. One Drive Uninstall or Disable

One Drive Uninstall or Disable: How can I uninstall or diable OneDrive? 48641
  10. Setup one drive popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Setup one drive popup: I`m in Windows 10 Home Edition-Firefox 49.0.1. One drive appears at start up which i don`t need. Unticking as in my attachment doesn`t solve the problem as that is for Windows Professional. Any solution please? *Smile 66729

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable one drive pop up set up box