Windows 10: Disable Photos from Search Results

Discus and support Disable Photos from Search Results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to adjust what is shown in the search results? I don't like photos popping up when I'm just trying to open a program. 67472 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by monumental, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Disable Photos from Search Results

Is there any way to adjust what is shown in the search results? I don't like photos popping up when I'm just trying to open a program.

:)

monumental, Oct 19, 2016

2. Cannot disable Cortana/web results search.

Right after toggling this switch off, I go back and its on again. I really want to disable the web results and hopefully the annoying lady overall. I don't want to see that "Ask me anything" in the search.

Disable Photos from Search Results [​IMG]

viciousHamster, Oct 19, 2016
  3. viciousHamster, Oct 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Disable Photos from Search Results

I'll guess you mean search using the Cortana search box e.g. in the taskbar, not search as in Settings or file explorer, for example.

The above option (top left) should let you search apps only. I wouldn't know how to achieve that by voice. (Hey Cortana).

Or, you could get yourself a really good start menu - Classic Shell- that behaves more rationally. (Ok that's my opinion- and that of quite a few other people here).

Or, you could avoid indexing photos as albums.

dalchina, Oct 19, 2016
  5. That is the search I was referring to and I meant a way to disable picture results completely. So if I start typing a search, pictures don't show above the search bar.

I used Classic Shell with Windows 7, thanks for the remind. I guess I'll have to go back to it if I can't modify this search to behave how I'd like.

monumental, Oct 20, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I've shown you how I think you should be able to search without searching pictures. See the tooltip in my screenshot.

I can't prove it 'cos I haven't got photos catalogued myself

dalchina, Oct 20, 2016
  7. That is a one-time change- click on search, click find results in app; but the next time you go to search for something you'll have to do the same extra step or photo results will show. I want to permanently disable photos showing in search results. You mention your photos aren't catalogued so they don't show up for you. That sounds like the answer I'm looking for. I'll look into how to un-catalogue my pics.

monumental, Oct 20, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Or you could use Classic Shell start menu...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Photos from Search Results - Similar Threads - Disable Photos Search

2. how to disable web results in search boxmenu?

in Cortana
    how to disable web results in search boxmenu?: hi, as the title says, i want to disable whole web searching in search menu as it just slows down my pc and i never use it anyway. please suggest some way to disable it? also, is there a way to safely remove cortana app and its related services? i am using windows 10 2004...
  3. disable "recommended" in start search result.

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable "recommended" in start search result.: how to disable "recommended" result in start menu search. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-recommended-in-start-search-result/f33d4a61-353d-42c2-a16f-8b796813656d
  4. Disabling "See web results" from search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling "See web results" from search: Hi. I've tried multiple tutorials on the internet, and nothing removes the "see web results" in 1903. It's really irritating that Edge opens when I mistype something and press enter. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/ApertureNext [link] [comments]...
  5. How to disable extended menu on search result?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable extended menu on search result?: I just installed newest windows 10 (1809) then i found there's extended menu on search result and making the box is too large (and i didn't really like it), which is i didn't see it on my previous up to date windows. [img] [img] How do i make the search box result...
  6. Disable web results in search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable web results in search: What am I missing here to stop getting web results when searching for stuff on my PC? Enabling "Do not allow web search" does....nothing..... [img] [img] 120609
  7. Whete is the option to disable web search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    Whete is the option to disable web search results?: I am trying to sort out a problem here. Two of my PC's have recently started to include web results in the search, which is something I don't want. It may well be that I forgot to disable that feature when I first installed Win 10. However, I now can't find the disable. I...
  8. Disable desktop.ini Creation When Moving Pictures From A Search Result

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable desktop.ini Creation When Moving Pictures From A Search Result: Hi, first, I want you to try an example of what I am talking about, then see if you know how to fix this problem on your end. Right click on your Desktop and create a new folder. Inside that folder, right click New > Bitmap image. Do the same thing to create 3 more new...
  9. No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.

in Windows 10 Support
    No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.: I got the free Windows 10 upgrade yesterday and everything seemed to work really well until I tried using the Search Bar. The problem is that although search results are returned (The indexing seems to be correct) the images displayed under the Photos section are mostly...
  10. Remove email from Search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove email from Search results: Anyone know how I can remove Thunderbird emails from Search results? Can't find a way to stop them from coming up. Many thanks 46162