Windows 10: Disable Quick Access

Discus and support Disable Quick Access in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I read the following thread. Quick access in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I am looking for a faster way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SightUp, Dec 24, 2015.

1. SightUp Win User

Disable Quick Access

SightUp, Dec 24, 2015

2. Disable "Quick Access"

To work around Win10's resetting bug, turn off the following option:

Disable Quick Access [​IMG]

RobertJWin, Dec 24, 2015
  3. IBartley Win User
    Disable "Quick Access"

Seems the issue I raised has been fixed by the auto update in recent days.

Until a few days back the problem persisted in an entirely predictable way, and I developed strategies to minimise the annoyance, but then it just disappeared.

So, thanks if a MS engineer quietly noted the issue and fixed it.

This thread can be closed

Ian

IBartley, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Disable Quick Access

You could try making those changes then exporting the modified keys for merging later.
    However, if you reset or re-install, you'll probably have to re-gain permissions for those keys.

Edwin, Dec 24, 2015
  5. lignja8 Win User
    I dont know how to remove it.but i know how to shut it.
    Go to file explorer options/general tab/open file explorer to: change to this pc... And under general tab on bottom. Privac section. uncheck recently used files.... And show frequently.... And click clear button. Apply. Ok

Hope thats help

Enjoy

lignja8, Dec 24, 2015
  6. SightUp Win User
    If I could figure this out without ever opening the registry, that would be great!

SightUp, Dec 24, 2015
  7. KeithM Win User
    Modifying the registry edit to work on a per-user basis avoids the Ownershop/Permissions issues faced with HKLM.

So here you go!

Keith

KeithM, Dec 31, 2015
  8. SightUp Win User

Disable Quick Access

Per user? Is there no way to do it on every user?

SightUp, Dec 31, 2015
  9. KeithM Win User
    Not without dealing with the Ownership issue. You can't have your Kate and Edith, too...*Smile

Keith

KeithM, Dec 31, 2015
  10. SightUp Win User
    Ah, so if I do take ownership and then change it to 0xa6000000, or w/e it is, by hand, then it's for all users?

SightUp, Dec 31, 2015
  11. KeithM Win User
    If you follow the original tutorial you linked to, yes. When you edit entries under HKLM, it affects all users, entries under HKCU ony affect the current user.

KeithM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disable Quick Access

1. Disable Quick Access - Similar Threads - Disable Quick Access

2. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access: My recently used files, pictures, folders are not showing up in Quick Access. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access/67635b7c-fa07-41e7-a62f-cbf62ea4cd60
  3. Quick Access

Quick Access: How do I set a certain limit to how many folders/files Quick Access has to display aside from those I have pinned? For example, I have 4 pinned, and I want it to show 3 more suggestions in addition to what I've pinned and not any more....
  4. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access: In the Windows Explorer, 'Quick access' is a very useful feature where recently opened files, folders or applications are displayed for reopening without much explorer browsing. Please see the following screenshot. [ATTACH] Screenshots, Box Sync, Onedrive, Dropbox and...
  5. quick access

quick access: When I pull up a quick access, I want to see the pictures in it. Not some icon for how it should be opened. I wanna see the actual picture. I tried all the supposed 'fixes' and nothing works. Can someone pls help me. Am running windows 10 on my laptop.Thanks...
  6. Quick Access

Quick Access: I have completed a part of my university coursework and saved, cannot be sure however assumed it would be in documents somewhere so wasn't too fussed. It was sat in my quick access but I couldn't find it anywhere else or move it to a different folder so I tried to remove from...
  7. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access: On Windows 10 -I have Documents under Quick Access - that are identical to PC documents. If I delete a file on Quick Access it deletes it on PC. How do I get rid of the dual files and not loose anything? Is this taking up my storage or hard drive, I am running slower and...
  8. disable Quick Access does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    disable Quick Access does not work: When viewing "This PC" with file explorer, the default is to show "Quick Access" folders. Those folders are: Desktop, Documents, Download, Music .... There is an option to disable "Quick Access". Steps to disable "Quick access". -double click This PC -select file -select...
  9. disable the Quick Access toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable the Quick Access toolbar: The Quick Access toolbar comes up and interferes with my search. I never need anything in the Quick Access folder. I am usually looking for something that I did not use recently....
  10. quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    quick access: When you add things anomalously to the quick access why do you not allow the users to delete old flawed information completely? When you allow old information, that in most cases has been changed or altered, then you hurt the MS users by having them click on the information...