Windows 10: Disable Services

Discus and support Disable Services in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I wanna disable some services because I want & I have to do so. Just to be on the safe side, I need your comments if these are safe and conflict... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Jul 29, 2018.

1. omidsolo Win User

Disable Services

Hi,
    I wanna disable some services because I want & I have to do so.
    Just to be on the safe side, I need your comments if these are safe and conflict free?

If you're on lack of sure information on each one, please don't increase your post counts Disable Services :)

---

1 AJRouter - AllJoyn Router Service - Routes AllJoyn messages for the local AllJoyn clients. If this service is stopped the AllJoyn clients that do not have their own bundled routers will be unable to run.
    I'm sure I never use their Router Service.
    Safe to disable?

2. tzautoupdate - Auto Time Zone Updater - Automatically sets the system time zone.
    I just want to set the time zone manually, but date and time should be updated automatically.
    Safe to disable?

3. DiagTrack - Connected User Experiences and Telemetry - The Connected User Experiences and Telemetry service enables features that support in-application and connected user experiences. Additionally, this service manages the event driven collection and transmission of diagnostic and usage information (used to improve the experience and quality of the Windows Platform) when the diagnostics and usage privacy option settings are enabled under Feedback and Diagnostics.
    Wanna disable telemetry (part of)
    Safe to disable?

4. MapsBroker - Downloaded Maps Manager - Windows service for application access to downloaded maps. This service is started on-demand by application accessing downloaded maps. Disabling this service will prevent apps from accessing maps.
    Don't use maps at all.
    Safe to disable?

5. EFS - Encrypting File System (EFS) - Provides the core file encryption technology used to store encrypted files on NTFS file system volumes. If this service is stopped or disabled, applications will be unable to access encrypted files.
    Never use file and drive encryption at all.
    Safe to disable?

6. Fax - Fax - Enables you to send and receive faxes, utilizing fax resources available on this computer or on the network.
    Never use Fax!
    Safe to disable?

7. fhsvc - File History Service - Protects user files from accidental loss by copying them to a backup location.
    Also never use this feature.
    Safe to disable?

8. lfsvc - Geolocation Service - This service monitors the current location of the system and manages geofences (a geographical location with associated events). If you turn off this service, applications will be unable to use or receive notifications for geolocation or geofences.
    I use Windows since 3.1 and I never allow it to be like my cell phone, no access to Geolocation info.
    Safe to disable?

9. irmon - Infrared monitor service - Detects other Infrared devices that are in range and launches the file transfer application. Stopping the service will prevent file transfer from working
    No Infrared sensor, but I have Bluetooth, it won't affect that?
    Safe to disable?

10. LxpSvc - Language Experience Service - Provides infrastructure support for deploying and configuring localized Windows resources. This service is started on demand and, if disabled, additional Windows languages will not be deployed to the system, and Windows may not function properly.
    I don't use any language but US-EN for anything, writing, lang pack etc...
    Safe to disable?

11. wlidsvc - Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant - Enables user sign-in through Microsoft account identity services. If this service is stopped, users will not be able to logon to the computer with their Microsoft account.
    If I ONLY use 1 single local account for my Windows and never use online MS account can I disable it?
    Safe to disable?

12. CscService - Offline Files - The Offline Files service performs maintenance activities on the Offline Files cache, responds to user logon and logoff events, implements the internals of the public API, and dispatches interesting events to those interested in Offline Files activities and changes in cache state.
    What's this I think I don't need.
    Safe to disable?

13. WpcMonSvc - Parental Controls - Enforces parental controls for child accounts in Windows. If this service is stopped or disabled, parental controls may not be enforced.
    I'm the only user with no any other one and no need parental features.
    Safe to disable?

14. pla - Performance Logs & Alerts - Performance Logs and Alerts Collects performance data from local or remote computers based on preconfigured schedule parameters, then writes the data to a log or triggers an alert. If this service is stopped, performance information will not be collected. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
    I never use those reports.
    Safe to disable?

15. Spooler - Print Spooler - This service spools print jobs and handles interaction with the printer. If you turn off this service, you won’t be able to print or see your printers.
    PrintNotify - Printer Extensions and Notifications - This service opens custom printer dialog boxes and handles notifications from a remote print server or a printer. If you turn off this service, you won’t be able to see printer extensions or notifications.
    I don't have any printer and never print or use its features, safe to disable the above 2 services?

16. wercplsupport - Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support - This service provides support for viewing, sending and deletion of system-level problem reports for the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel.
    Am not sure about deletion of this one, but I don't use those repoorts.
    Safe to disable?

17. PcaSvc - Program Compatibility Assistant Service - This service provides support for the Program Compatibility Assistant (PCA). PCA monitors programs installed and run by the user and detects known compatibility problems. If this service is stopped, PCA will not function properly.
    I am sure I never use Program Compability Assisstane at all.
    Safe to disable?

18. RemoteRegistry - Remote Registry - Enables remote users to modify registry settings on this computer. If this service is stopped, the registry can be modified only by users on this computer. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
    If I am right, I don't want anyone to remotely access my local registry. I just access my registry on myu local PC myself.
    Safe to disable?

19. LanmanServer - Server - Supports file, print, and named-pipe sharing over the network for this computer. If this service is stopped, these functions will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
    Not use file and printer sharing.
    Safe to disable?

20. TabletInputService - Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service - Enables Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel pen and ink functionality
    Never use it at all
    Safe to disable?

21. UevAgentService - User Experience Virtualization Service - Provides support for application and OS settings roaming
    What's this?
    Safe to disable?

SDRSVC - Windows Backup - Provides Windows Backup and Restore capabilities.
    WbioSrvc - Windows Biometric Service - The Windows biometric service gives client applications the ability to capture, compare, manipulate, and store biometric data without gaining direct access to any biometric hardware or samples. The service is hosted in a privileged SVCHOST process.
    FrameServer - Windows Camera Frame Server - Enables multiple clients to access video frames from camera devices.
    WerSvc - Windows Error Reporting Service - Allows errors to be reported when programs stop working or responding and allows existing solutions to be delivered. Also allows logs to be generated for diagnostic and repair services. If this service is stopped, error reporting might not work correctly and results of diagnostic services and repairs might not be displayed.
    wisvc - Windows Insider Service - Provides infrastructure support for the Windows Insider Program. This service must remain enabled for the Windows Insider Program to work.
    WSearch - Windows Search - Provides content indexing, property caching, and search results for files, e-mail, and other content.
    wuauserv - Windows Update - Enables the detection, download, and installation of updates for Windows and other programs. If this service is disabled, users of this computer will not be able to use Windows Update or its automatic updating feature, and programs will not be able to use the Windows Update Agent (WUA) API.
    workfolderssvc - Work Folders - This service syncs files with the Work Folders server, enabling you to use the files on any of the PCs and devices on which you've set up Work Folders.
    XboxGipSvc - Xbox Accessory Management Service - This service manages connected Xbox Accessories.
    XblAuthManager - Xbox Live Auth Manager
    XblGameSave - Xbox Live Game Save
    XboxNetApiSvc - Xbox Live Networking Service

Never use the above 12 services finally.
    Safe to disable?

Thanks for advise, if you don't know all of them, just list the ones you know and are sure Disable Services :)
    Thanks a lot Disable Services :)

:)

omidsolo, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Sonya Win User

Suggestions on services to disable?

And finally these events from eventviewer took place on the 8th while I was busy working in Photoshop
    Disable Services [​IMG]

Disable Services [​IMG]

Disable Services [​IMG]

Sonya, Jul 29, 2018
  3. LMiller7 Win User
    [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

This is my list of service to disable:
    Start List

End List.

I do not recommend disabling any services.

LMiller7, Jul 29, 2018
  4. CountMike Win User

Disable Services

Suggestions on services to disable?

Lol. Those 4 of them are already on the internet now and could be accessed and copied/saved by anybody. Did you at least watermark them ? Have you shared those and any of them with anybody else ? Does anybody else have access to your computer they are on ?

CountMike, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Disable Services

1. Disable Services - Similar Threads - Disable Services

2. Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11: I disabled some services in the services app on windows 11, and now certain apps will freeze and crash when I try to perform certain tasks. Settings will freeze and then crash when I try to uninstall an app, explorer will freeze and then restart when I try to access certain...
  3. Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11: I disabled some services in the services app on windows 11, and now certain apps will freeze and crash when I try to perform certain tasks. Settings will freeze and then crash when I try to uninstall an app, explorer will freeze and then restart when I try to access certain...
  4. ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started: I can't install Microsoft store apps, and I tried every registry fix, but it didn't work. I did a cloud reset to my computer and this is already being boring because I don't want to buy a new computer, my computer is from 2015, the original version was Windows 7 Home and I...
  5. ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started: I can't install Microsoft store apps, and I tried every registry fix, but it didn't work. I did a cloud reset to my computer and this is already being boring because I don't want to buy a new computer, my computer is from 2015, the original version was Windows 7 Home and I...
  6. ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started

7. Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...: Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from Untrusted Source Message: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am facing a critical issue with my Windows Security Services after downloading GTA 4...
  8. Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...

Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...: Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from Untrusted Source Message: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am facing a critical issue with my Windows Security Services after downloading GTA 4...
  9. Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Connected Devices Platform user Service safe to disable