Windows 10: Disable "Show recently added apps"

Discus and support Disable "Show recently added apps" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Strange, Settings > Personalization > Start :: I can disable "Show most used apps" and "Show recently opened apps" using this key:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by omidsolo, Sep 1, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Disable "Show recently added apps"

Hi,
    Strange, Settings > Personalization > Start ::

I can disable "Show most used apps" and "Show recently opened apps" using this key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "Start_TrackDocs"=dword:00000000
    "Start_TrackProgs"=dword:00000000

But I also need to disable "Show recently added apps" via registry and I couldn't find the related key.
    Anyone can help, please?!
    Thanks *Smile

:)

omidsolo, Sep 1, 2015

2. Show most used apps and show recently added apps not working in Start Menu Windows 10

I'm deploying a reference image that I've captured with MDT 2013 Update 1 (latest Build that was re-released).

I'm seeing the local administrator account showing recently added applications and recently used applications.

When I logon with a domain account I am not seeing any recently added or used items and the start menu never adds anything to the menu. I've been running Windows 10 x64 Enterprise on a number of workstations for a few weeks now and I've noted that nothing
    is ever added even though the settings are enabled in the settings app.

I've excluded all Group Policies and have tried deploying the image with copyprofile turned on and off with the same results. I'm doing nothing of any significance with my unattend.xml and my entire process is very vanilla.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Regards

Damon

Damon A. Johns, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Show most used apps and show recently added apps not working in Start Menu Windows 10

Hi, Damon.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, and I would recommend that you re-direct your query to TechNet as they will be able to assist you with more efficiency.

Please click on the link provided below to post your query.

Labs

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Disable "Show recently added apps"

1. Disable "Show recently added apps" - Similar Threads - Disable Show recently

2. I cannot enable "Show recently added apps" in Start setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot enable "Show recently added apps" in Start setting: As the title says. I cannot turn it on, i am the administrator and i am using original Windows 10 education. Any help would be appreciated.Edition Windows 10 Education Version 22H2 Installed on ‎04/‎12/‎2022 OS build 19045.2728 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  3. I cannot enable "Show recently added apps" in Start setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot enable "Show recently added apps" in Start setting: As the title says. I cannot turn it on, i am the administrator and i am using original Windows 10 education. Any help would be appreciated.Edition Windows 10 Education Version 22H2 Installed on ‎04/‎12/‎2022 OS build 19045.2728 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  4. I cannot enable "Show recently added apps" in Start setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Show recently added apps is not working!

Show recently added apps is not working!: Show recently added apps is not working! The option is active but does not show recently installed apps. [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to solve? I don't want to format again!...
  6. disabling ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling ads: How do I disable ads? My subscription for this is currently up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-ads/0d49fddb-f94c-44af-bd4b-be02aff4702d
  7. Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps

Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps: How do I disable these frequent/recent items showing up for apps? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-recentfrequent-items-for-apps/08e69428-de68-4d73-b0eb-525e2563285e
  8. Microsoft Mail App: Disabling "Recent Contacts".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail App: Disabling "Recent Contacts".: Is it possible to disable the function that automatically adds an additional version of a contact? The feature, as described, adds an additional version of contacts as I...well...contact them. I know where to add or subtract other ways of linking my contact list, but, I...
  9. Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Recently added list on your Start menu shows the latest new desktop apps and Windows apps installed. Starting with...
  10. Turn off "Show recently added apps" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off "Show recently added apps" in Windows 10: Howdy, Settings > Personalization > Start :: Show recently added apps This one I really spent so much time on, please if someone can help me finding this one's registry address don't hesitate. I need to turn it off via registry only! Cheers. 29278