Windows 10: Disable sign in password feature

Discus and support Disable sign in password feature in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need, repeat NEED to disable having to sign in with a password every time I fire up my computer now. I DID NOT have to do this at all until recently... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChuckHutchens, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Disable sign in password feature

I need, repeat NEED to disable having to sign in with a password every time I fire up my computer now. I DID NOT have to do this at all until recently when some dumb update or whatever stuck it to me. How do I get rid of this bothersome feature?

:)

ChuckHutchens, Sep 3, 2018

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Disable sign in password feature

How to disable password while signing-in to the Windows 10 device?

Hi Varja,

As your concern is to disable the password to access the Windows 10 operating system. We will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Windows 10 is by design you will have to enter a password to log-in as an Administrator account with Microsoft account. This feature is being implemented to make more secure with the user profiles.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article about: Help with Microsoft account

And, Sign in with a Microsoft account

NOTE: Local administrator/ standard accounts can be used without entering the password.

If you are not comfortable to enter long letters of password, you
    may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password.

Follow the below steps.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Add under PIN.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable sign in password feature

1. Disable sign in password feature - Similar Threads - Disable sign password

2. Disable password use at sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable password use at sign in: I’ve recently installed the Authenticator app and I was wondering if there is a way to disable using my password to sign in to my Microsoft account.I’ve had a ton of attempts to access my account from foreign countries, and although it would seem setting up MFA would solve...
  3. Disable password use at sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable password use at sign in: I’ve recently installed the Authenticator app and I was wondering if there is a way to disable using my password to sign in to my Microsoft account.I’ve had a ton of attempts to access my account from foreign countries, and although it would seem setting up MFA would solve...
  4. How to disable pin sign-in and replace it with password sign-in in laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable pin sign-in and replace it with password sign-in in laptop: Hello, I just finished setting up my laptop and it asked me for a pin to be used for sign-in, and since then, they are requiring me to use the pin instead of my password. Is there a way for me to disable the pin sign-in option and just use the password sign-in option? Thank...
  5. How do I disable signing in with a password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I disable signing in with a password?: Everytime my laptop goes to sleep, it asks for my microsoft account to sign in, how do I disable this password thingy? I checked the sign in options settings but i couldnt disable anything, please guide me with this...
  6. Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it: Hi, my windows 10, old HP laptop, allowed me to not use a password at all. In Sign-in Options, under password, it says "Your account doesn't have a password. You must add a password before you can us the other sign-in options." And this was great. I could hit "lock", and it...
  7. Features Disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Features Disabled: A number of features have been disabled on my laptop, including my fingerprint sensor and Bluetooth. When I go to device manager, Bluetooth is under hidden devices and is grayed out. In settings, it does not give me the option to turn on Bluetooth again and it says Bluetooth...
  8. Can't disable "Sign-in password required"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable "Sign-in password required": Windows 10 Pro version 1909, build 18363.535. Up until recently I wasn't required to enter a password to log in, this is my personal computer at home. I had added my old job's email address a bit ago, but I no longer work there. It wasn't letting me remove it and kept...
  9. How do I disable the option to sign in with password ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the option to sign in with password ?: So I use PIN, but at the lockscreen you can choose to use your microsoft account password instead of PIN, how do I disable that ? is it even possible ? I just want the PIN only and I don't want to change my microsoft account password. submitted by /u/SPARTAN-258 [link]...
  10. Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled...: Office 365 (1903 - 11425.20202) When launching Excel a "Sign in required"- bar shows up. "Sign in a ... outlook.com to verify the account associated with your Office 365 subscription." but when I sign in, I am getting an error: "This feature has been disabled by your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable sign in options 1903