Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application

Discus and support Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, Anyone knows which tutorial can be used to disable and prevent this service from loading? The exact details in the snapshot. Cheers, [img] 113913 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Jul 11, 2018.

1. omidsolo Win User

Howdy,
    Anyone knows which tutorial can be used to disable and prevent this service from loading?
    The exact details in the snapshot.
    Cheers,

Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application [​IMG]

:)

omidsolo, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Nyima Yonten Win User
    How to disable Cortana/Have a search menu that is actually helpful.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to turn off Cortana settings.

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Disable Web Search when I hit Windows Key to Search my Computer

Hi Larry,

To be able to disable the Web Search when using the searchbox, you need to turn off Cortana. The searchbox will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Ask me anything." It will be more responsive and only show results from your hard drive or local network. To
    do this, you can follow the steps below:

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application - Similar Threads - Disable Stop Search

2. Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.: My Wi-Fi adapter kept disabling itself and now I can't enable it again, for the past few month or more when my internet connect fails I kept disabling and enabling it and now it's disabling itself. I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but all I can come up with is to restart...
  3. cant disable hyper v on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant disable hyper v on windows 10: so I'm trying to use blue stacks android emulator and it keeps saying I need to disable hyper v before I can use it which seems to have appeared after the latest windows insider build and I've tried disabling it in windows features which hyper v isn't listed there, I've tried...
  4. cant disable hyper v on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant disable hyper v on windows 10: so I'm trying to use blue stacks android emulator and it keeps saying I need to disable hyper v before I can use it which seems to have appeared after the latest windows insider build and I've tried disabling it in windows features which hyper v isn't listed there, I've tried...
  5. Disabling Win 10 Upgrade Function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling Win 10 Upgrade Function: I have a Dell Inspiron 15Z-5523. When looking it up on the Dell Support site it is listed as incompatible and not tested for Win 10 versions above 1607. I'm perfectly happy running Win 10 Version 1607 -- BUT-- the Win 10 Upgrade function keeps automatically downloading...
  6. Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy: After reviewing all the questions and responses, poking at every possible menu window I could find. I followed the suggestion of placing a mousepad over the touch pad. :-) I recommend one of thin mouse pads fold it in half, tuck one half under the notebook and the top half...
  7. Hydranix's Telemetry Disabler (Script to stop Windows tracking you)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hydranix's Telemetry Disabler (Script to stop Windows tracking you): I wrote a quick batch script to disable some of the Windows 10 telemetry. It's interactive, safe*, and easy to use. Download Link: Script I'm working on a more comprehensive application to control the telemetry in windows 10. A true C++ application, but there's a...
  8. System interrupts - fresh install problem (Stop if disable Audio contr

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System interrupts - fresh install problem (Stop if disable Audio contr: Hello, at first, sorry for my english. I noticed this problem after my WIN 10 was ugpraded to the latest "Creators update". I though it should be caused by this update, so i reverted back - but the problem is still the same. So after many hours of trying new drivers etc...
  9. Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10: Forgive me if this is in the wrong area. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. It kept prompting me to upgrade to Windows 10, so I did so. Now the button that disables my touchpad (also the F5 button) is not working. The touchpad will not turn off. Secondly, when I try...
  10. Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10: Windows 10 is more robust, it won't allow you to disable critical services, no matter the method. Attached a batch file to reset all services (and optionally device drivers) to defaults. So you can mess with the services without worries, since you can quickly start fresh...