Windows 10: Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application

Discus and support Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, Anyone knows which tutorial can be used to disable and prevent this service from loading? The exact details in the snapshot. Cheers, [img] 113913 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Jul 11, 2018.

1. omidsolo Win User

Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application

Howdy,
    Anyone knows which tutorial can be used to disable and prevent this service from loading?
    The exact details in the snapshot.
    Cheers,

Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application [​IMG]

:)

omidsolo, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jul 11, 2018
  3. How to disable Cortana/Have a search menu that is actually helpful.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to turn off Cortana settings.

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Disable Web Search when I hit Windows Key to Search my Computer

Hi Larry,

To be able to disable the Web Search when using the searchbox, you need to turn off Cortana. The searchbox will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Ask me anything." It will be more responsive and only show results from your hard drive or local network. To
    do this, you can follow the steps below:

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application - Similar Threads - Disable Stop Search

2. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  3. i think the search application is called Cortana and Search.

in Cortana
    i think the search application is called Cortana and Search.: I cannot use my search application to find word documents . i think the search application is called Cortana and Search . can you find out what the problem is?...
  4. Runtime Broker and Search & Cortana application crashing

in Cortana
    Runtime Broker and Search & Cortana application crashing: As of recently, every time I open the search box from the taskbar, it crashes (either in the background or like in the picture, where it goes blank for a moment and then disappears/craches). The only evidence of the crash is the message in the "reliability history" where it...
  5. Cortana - Cannot disable or stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana - Cannot disable or stop: Hi all, Cortana is running at 24% CPU - Power usage "Very high" So far I have tried stopping/removing it by: Using "O&O ShutUp 10" Downloaded a "Disable Cortana Reg" The Group Policy editor: Edit group policy / Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows...
  6. How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?

in Cortana
    How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?: How do you disable "search the web" in search/Cortana? ***Modified title from: Search*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-search-the-web-option-in/27e0c3a8-c337-49d7-8416-5c7dd8d9dc4f"
  7. Is there a way to stop/disable Cortana?

in Cortana
    Is there a way to stop/disable Cortana?: Cannot keep Cortana from running nor from restarting after I do End Task on Task Manager. How to disable it permanently? I don't feel confident enough to do the Registry Edit thing, so hope there are other options available. It sucks that Microsoft is forcing all of these...
  8. Settings to disable Cortana and web searches NOT WORKING

in Cortana
    Settings to disable Cortana and web searches NOT WORKING: [ATTACH] What the **** Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-to-disable-cortana-and-web-searches-not/c2e5c64c-3ff2-4b95-9984-289fbafbf3ba"
  9. How to disable cortanas web search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable cortanas web search?: I just reinstalled and theres no option in her settings to turn off the web search she does when you search for files on your pc and such. How else could I turn it off if its not listed in her settings? 24449
  10. Cortana search can't find my applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search can't find my applications: [img] [img] even after starting windows search from services.msc and restarting windows explorer it still won't work. 21544

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search and cortana application disable

2. how to disable search and cortana application

3. disable search and cortana application

4. Désactiver search application service,
  5. search and cortana application,
  6. search and cortana application stropped,
  7. cortana application search disable,
  8. stop Search and Cortana application