Windows 10: Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application

Discus and support Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, Anyone knows which tutorial can be used to disable and prevent this service from loading? The exact details in the snapshot. Cheers, [img] 113913 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Jul 11, 2018.

1. omidsolo Win User

Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application

Howdy,
    Anyone knows which tutorial can be used to disable and prevent this service from loading?
    The exact details in the snapshot.
    Cheers,

Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application [​IMG]

:)

omidsolo, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Nyima Yonten Win User
    How to disable Cortana/Have a search menu that is actually helpful.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to turn off Cortana settings.

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Disable Web Search when I hit Windows Key to Search my Computer

Hi Larry,

To be able to disable the Web Search when using the searchbox, you need to turn off Cortana. The searchbox will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Ask me anything." It will be more responsive and only show results from your hard drive or local network. To
    do this, you can follow the steps below:

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable & Stop Search and Cortana Application - Similar Threads - Disable Stop Search

2. cortana search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana search: How can I remove this annoying popup from the windows search bar.....see attachment. [img] 94935
  3. How to disable cortanas web search?

How to disable cortanas web search?: I just reinstalled and theres no option in her settings to turn off the web search she does when you search for files on your pc and such. How else could I turn it off if its not listed in her settings? 24449
  4. Disable Cortana??

Disable Cortana??: How do you disable this?? I used a registry hack but still no good. I want to be able to search without this This is after the new 1607 update. 58467
  5. Start/Notification/Cortana/Search Stop Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start/Notification/Cortana/Search Stop Working: Hi All, I've got a system here which is acting up and I'm looking for ideas of how to resolve. Specs are: Windows 10 Home (upgraded from W8.1) i7-3632 8GB RAM 64bit Inspiron 17R5720 laptop Here's the problem: Everything works fine upon boot, but then, something...
  6. Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working: Have the Anniversary edition. Suddenly the start menu and Cortana have stoped working. As has right click menus on the start bar? It was okay after the initial install?? Have tried several restarts but no change. Dan 60994
  7. How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?: For some reason this application bar keeps on popping up on Cortana when I search things, anyone know how to get rid of it? Screenshot here: (the icons on the top above 'best match' is what I'm talking about) [img] Please help! Thanks, 46560
  8. Cortana search can't find my applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search can't find my applications: [img] [img] even after starting windows search from services.msc and restarting windows explorer it still won't work. 21544
  9. Search Stopped Searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Stopped Searching: I tried typing in the Start Button a while ago; nothing happened. I tried using the search icon next to the start button; same result. Rebooted, no success. Shut down, unplugged power for a minute, restarted, search worked. Less than an hour later, search again does...
  10. Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running?: So I've gotten fed up enough with the terrible windows search system. I went into services.msc and disabled the windows search service; then restarted my computer. However, "Cortana" is still listed in my task manager taking up 50mb of memory. How do I kill Cortana?...