Windows 10: Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card

Discus and support Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have searched for a while and I always see the same answers... Either "it doesnt matter, it will use it when it needs it" or "its in the bios". The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Catizero, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Catizero Win User

Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card

I have searched for a while and I always see the same answers... Either "it doesnt matter, it will use it when it needs it" or "its in the bios". The 2nd one is only right for INTEGRATED graphics cards, but Im talking about a GTX 960.

I had 8 GB of RAM and a demanding game worked a bit choppy. I installed a second 8 GB stick and it worked very smoothly... Then I formatted the PC, installer everything as always, tried every configuration, but it is not as smooth as before. In properties in graphics card says "system shared memory 8 GB", so my bet is that it runs out of its 3 GB of this demanding game, then taps on that, which makes it slow, instead of unloading textures.

I want to disable it, because of the same reason I disable the page file... But I cannot find an answer beside the dodging ones...

I might be wrong and this might not be the problem, but I have tried everything and set everything as I had before. The only difference is that I formatted with 16 GB of RAM instead of 8 installed, thats the ONLY difference.

:)

Catizero, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Brennan Win User

Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory

Anything in bold is copy pasted from information elsewhere.

Laptop Acer Aspire v3-772g
    Windows 10
    NIVIDIA GeForce GT 750m

Systemrequirementslab.com sometimes spits at me that I have 3gb or 4gb dedicated video memory on my card, and sometimes 1gb.

So I dediced to find out myself.

----------------------
    Start -> Run -> Msinfo32 -> Components -> Display:

I have 2.
    One is obviously my Intel HD Graphics 4600
    "Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)"
    1 GB on the intel HD graphics sounds about right?

And the other is my NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    "Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes"

What's going on here msinfo32 suggests my card has 1 MB of memory?
    This laptop's graphics card should have 3 GB or 4 GB dedicated video memory.

Am I misunderstanding how my system memory is used? Does it somehow use some of that ram as dedicated memory to my card as well? I haven't changed any settings nor know how to.
    "Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB"
    --------------------------------------------
    NVIDIA Control Panel:
    Help -> System Information -> Scroll down to the info:
    "Total available graphics memory: 12228 MB"
    "Dedicated video memory: 4096 MB DDR3"
    "System video memory: 0MB"
    "Shared system memory: 8132 MB"

Ok this is looking more reasonable? What is lying to me and why?
    ----------------------

Can someone explain to me please. I'm rather tech savvy usually with myself under going study for ICT, mainly networking etc.
    Any explanation would help greatly thanks. Or directions to help change or fix what ever is going on if it's not correct.

Attached screenshots as reference to the information.

Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card [​IMG]

Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card [​IMG]

Brennan, Jul 27, 2018
  3. kongming Win User
    AMD FM1 built-in graphic card shared memory in Windows 10

Where do I set the shared system memory for AMD FM1 built-in graphic card on Windows 10?
    As I know, the main board have a dedicated memory for 1GB and shared system memory for 4GB.
    My PC have 8GB RAM. I think it is more than enough the shared system memory. I want to set it to 2GB shared memory + 1GB dedicated RAM. In the BIOS settings, I set it to maximum shared memory.
    My monitor is 1080p x 1920 resolution via HDMI cable.
    I am not a gamer, never play any games. Only YouTube for HD, sometimes FHD.

Thank you

kongming, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card

Intel HD Graphics 4600 Dedicated Video Memory

Sorry this isn't exactly about graphics cards.

I can't seem to increase my dedicated video memory for integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600, even though I have put it up to 1024MB (1GB) in my BIOS. My Total Available Graphics Memory is 7786MB, and my Shared System Memory is 7658MB. However, no matter how much I change it in the BIOS, my Dedicated Video Memory (DVM) is always stuck at 128M. Is this a integrated graphics thing or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Illuminati Izzy, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card

1. Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card - Similar Threads - Disable system shared

2. Available graphics memory showing only 512mb despite of having 2gb dedicated graphics card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available graphics memory showing only 512mb despite of having 2gb dedicated graphics card.: I have a window 10 installed on my dell m4800 and i have 2gb vram and 14gb total shared graphics memory. But when i open gta v game it shows only 512mb video memory available.Before installing this window it used to show 14gbapprox video memory available.Also my dxdiag used...
  3. Available graphics memory showing only 512mb despite of having 2gb dedicated graphics card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available graphics memory showing only 512mb despite of having 2gb dedicated graphics card.: I have a window 10 installed on my dell m4800 and i have 2gb vram and 14gb total shared graphics memory. But when i open gta v game it shows only 512mb video memory available.Before installing this window it used to show 14gbapprox video memory available.Also my dxdiag used...
  4. EXCESS RAM SHARING WITH DEDICATED GRAPHICS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXCESS RAM SHARING WITH DEDICATED GRAPHICS: Hello My machine came with 8GB of ram and 2Gb of dedicated graphics.I noticed that out of the 8GB of ram i can only access 5GB and the rest is used as shared video memory.This is greatly affecting my productivity and performance especially after upgrading to windows...
  5. EXCESS RAM SHARING WITH DEDICATED GRAPHICS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXCESS RAM SHARING WITH DEDICATED GRAPHICS: Hello My machine came with 8GB of ram and 2Gb of dedicated graphics.I noticed that out of the 8GB of ram i can only access 5GB and the rest is used as shared video memory.This is greatly affecting my productivity and performance especially after upgrading to windows...
  6. Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem: I have Intel HD 4000 graphic card and 8gb ram running with i5 processor and my total available graphic memory is 1792MB and my dedicated video memory is 0 MB and but shared system memory is 1792MB total graphic memory...
  7. Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptops with a dedicated graphics card: A friend of mine has just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and a dedicated graphics card. I am attaching a few screenshots below so that I can ask you a few questions.1. In PCs a dedicated graphics card is a totally separate piece of hardware, but what about laptops with a...
  8. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use the dedicated graphics card: I have an AMD A8 Processor with integrated graphics and a dedicated 2 Gb Graphics card. My rendering and design soft wares need more Vram to run smoothly but currently only use 512MB of Vram. i cannot seem to use the dedicated graphics card in any way how do i enable the...
  9. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...
  10. Dedicated graphic card display improperly.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dedicated graphic card display improperly.: I bought new PC and connect my graphic card (GTX 1060) to HDMI port of my monitor. I also connect VGA ports of monitor and motherboard. The problem is the graphic card cannot display desktop icons, applications...... The screenshot I took show 2 desktops: normal one of Intel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to make enable or usable shared gpu memory in laptop#ip=1

2. how to disable shared gpu memory

3. how to disable shared graphics memory

4. windows 10 disable shared gpu memory,
  5. disable shared system memory,
  6. disable shared system memory for video card,
  7. how to stop graphics card from sharing ram,
  8. how to disable shared memory,
  9. stop shared sys memory on Gpu,
  10. disable shared gpu memory,
  11. turn off shared gpu memory,