Windows 10: Disable Taskbar Transparency (Sort of...)

Discus and support Disable Taskbar Transparency (Sort of...) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay, so you've set your favorite desktop wallpaper and you've got all your windows border colors and Start Menu colors set in Windows Technical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edwin, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Disable Taskbar Transparency (Sort of...)

Okay, so you've set your favorite desktop wallpaper and you've got all your windows border colors and Start Menu colors set in Windows Technical Preview but that darn taskbar doesn't match!
    Furthermore, you'd rather not use a third party program to disable the taskbar transparency.
    Here's a quick and fairly simple solution:
    1. Open Snipping Tool, (or similar), and take a snippet of the Start Menu color and open it with Paint.
    2. Using Snipping Tool again take an exact snip of your taskbar and open it with Paint.
    3. Create a copy of your desktop wallpaper saved image, (in the proper resolution), and open it with Paint.
    (so you'll have three things open in Paint)
    4. Go back to the Start Menu snippet and use 'Color Picker' (eye dropper) then 'Edit colors' and jot down the color code.
    5. Go to the taskbar snippet in Paint, select all, then 'Cut' then go to 'Fill with Color', edit the color with the code then fill.
    6. Now copy that and paste it onto the Desktop Wallpaper in Paint and drag it to the proper position then Save.
    7. Right click on the newly created Wallpaper and 'Set as Desktop Backgound'.

The Taskbar will still be transparent but at least everything will match.

You'll probably need to play with the snippet sizing and colors to get it just right.

Before:

Disable Taskbar Transparency (Sort of...) [​IMG]

After:

Disable Taskbar Transparency (Sort of...) [​IMG]

:)

Edwin, Oct 24, 2014
  2. TLAG Win User

How to keep Windows 10 taskbar on top all windows

I found a trick that puts the taskbar over Chrome in full screen : disable taskbar transparency (in setup > personalize > colors). Somehow, it works better now (not perfect though...)

3. Windows 10 taskbar context menu missing some text

I may have found the cause of this, it looks like the transparency option, disabling it solved the problem for me "hopefully".

Turn it off from here:

Right click on the Desktop > Personalize > Colors > Make Start, taskbar, and action center transparent.

Khalid Fawzy, Oct 24, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

In a similar fashion you could hide the WTP watermark by creating a wallpaper with the taskbar portion 'cut' (in Paint), then keep your taskbar on 'autohide'.
    You'll have to put up with a bright white taskbar but you'll get more 'real estate' out of your web pages and folders.

Edwin, Oct 26, 2014
  5. swarfega Win User
    You can do this via programs like DisplayFusion.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Taskbar Transparency (Sort of...) - Similar Threads - Disable Taskbar Transparency

2. Transparent taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent taskbar: Is there anyway I can make my taskbar transparent? If not, is there any third party apps for that?Device name ADSD Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.89 GB usable Device ID 212A554E-E934-48EB-8100-06D9AB72740F Product ID...
  3. Transparent taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparent taskbar: Is there anyway I can make my taskbar transparent? If not, is there any third party apps for that?Device name ADSD Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.89 GB usable Device ID 212A554E-E934-48EB-8100-06D9AB72740F Product ID...
  4. Fully Transparent Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fully Transparent Taskbar: When I turned off and on my transparency effects, my taskbar became fully transparent. Anyway to fix this? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fully-transparent-taskbar/8dbb748a-543d-4f03-93ce-89334b5885ca
  5. taskbar transparency

taskbar transparency: with transparency effects enabled the taskbar became completely transparent :[ATTACH] [ATTACH] the start menu is still the same though is this a new feature or bug?...
  6. Taskbar Transparency issue

Taskbar Transparency issue: Whenever I restart or log in to my PC, I always have to reseat the taskbar transparency manually. Is there any way I can fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-transparency-issue/7a2d4edf-1202-44fe-ad2b-61edb877edd9
  7. Taskbar Appear Transparent

Taskbar Appear Transparent: Hi, I just installed Nexus Dock for Desktop Customization and now I'm using Normal Desktop Instead of any External Software. After Uninstalling the software my Taskbar is looking Transparent See Attached Snap I check settings also but still it appears Transparent. What...
  8. Taskbar Transparency Issues

Taskbar Transparency Issues: Prior to my issue, just letting people know that I am not using any build from the Windows Insider previews. I've just resetted my PC due to some issues, and I'm just configuring and personalizing some of my desktop settings. I'm trying to enable transparency settings for...
  9. transparent taskbar, etc....

transparent taskbar, etc....: How do I get a transparent task bar? Do i have to download and / or install aeroglass and will it work on my current version? And if so, will it still work if I go to a high contrast theme? 147397
  10. Taskbar total transparency?

Taskbar total transparency?: Does anybody know whether it is possible to make the Taskbar totally transparent? 125257