Windows 10: disable text pop up messages

Discus and support disable text pop up messages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; is there any way to disable these annoying tooltip pop-up messages? They appear all over windows, on the taskbar and in my folders. I want to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cerawy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

disable text pop up messages

is there any way to disable these annoying tooltip pop-up messages?

They appear all over windows, on the taskbar and in my folders. I want to get rid of them.

:)

Cerawy, Sep 3, 2017

2. alerts settings on lumia 820

Unfortunately it is not possible to disable the text message pop up as Microsoft has yet to add that feature. The facebook pop up can be disabled by switching off push notifications from within the app but you't won't see any lock screen or tile notifications
    if you do that.

psychomania---01, Sep 3, 2017
  3. Disable message popping up

No, from my understand there is no way to do this.

However you can swipe the message box to the right to get rid of it quickly! This can be useful if someone is looking at your phone when you receive a text and don't want them to eavesdrop.

TrupaJay1224, Sep 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, perhaps you could explain
    a. Is that a browser window in the background?
    b. If so, which?
    c. Quote an example page URL, and state when the popup occurs- e.g. mouse over ...........(what?)

Thanks

dalchina, Sep 4, 2017
  5. Cerawy Win User
    It is pop up messages that appears all over windows when you point your mouse at something. I have uploaded a sample screengrab.

Cerawy, Sep 12, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 12, 2017
  7. Cerawy Win User
    Works fine here. You just have to click the highlighted text.

Cerawy, Sep 14, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Not all over Windows, but just some areas - in this case the notification icons in the system tray on the taskbar. They are meant to be helpful and provide further information. Your screenshot is of the clock, which shows the full date and day of the week, for example. Others provide different useful information, like the battery icon for laptops which shows the time remaining or, when plugged in, the level of charge and whether or not the battery is being charging. The Speaker icon shows the current volume setting. Hover over a Tab in IE and it tells you the title and web address of the page it contains.

Why do you find extra information annoying? Anyway, I know of no way to turn it off.

Edit: this may work https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...-balloons.html

9. Just to say, it is or at least it was possible to disable it on 10. But I am sorry to say, I can not remember how.
    I did it by accident, by disabling some Windows shell exe or broker services, which are responsible for this.
    But on latest versions of 10, those services run, even when disabled, so I do not think, it would work now.

TairikuOkami, Sep 14, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you're referring to toast notifications. As said, not sure there is a way to turn them off. And indeed they are generally informative and I find relatively unobtrusive.

Should you wish to experiment, this may be of interest:
    Enable balloon notifications in Windows 10 using a Registry tweak - Winaero

Or use Winaero's free tweaker.

disable text pop up messages [​IMG]

Note- easily accessible screenshot

Then who knows.. this may then work for you.
    http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...ows-7-8-a.html

Back up appropriately before any tweaking. (I'd suggest best to leave well alone).

dalchina, Sep 14, 2017
  11. Cerawy Win User
    I'm trying out the winaero tweaker, will come back with the results..

Edit: Didn't work, the pop ups still appears when you point your mouse on things in windows. So annoying, especially if you are looking at files in a folder and the pop up message appears over your files so you have to move your mouse away to see the files again.

The registy tweak seems to disable balloon tips notifications in the notification area which is not what I want.

Cerawy, Sep 14, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    Never said it could be done, just that you might be interested.

dalchina, Sep 14, 2017
  13. Cerawy Win User

Cerawy, Oct 3, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 3, 2017
  15. Cerawy Win User
    Yes, that did it. Some of it. There is still pop ups in various places in windows, but it's a step in the right direction.

Cerawy, Oct 3, 2017
Thema:

1. disable text pop up messages - Similar Threads - disable text pop

2. HOW TO DISABLE THESE CONTROL MESSAGE POP-UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO DISABLE THESE CONTROL MESSAGE POP-UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!: CAN'T SHOW "SEEK" BECAUSE IT'S CAUSING ME TO RESTART RAPIDLY OHHHHH I FUCKKKKING HATE THIS CRINGE SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH WHERE THERE'S 1'S AND !'S TWICE!!!!!!!!!! CUZ THIS: https://youtu.be/QvNDYSrBreQ...
  3. HOW TO DISABLE THESE CONTROL MESSAGE POP-UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO DISABLE THESE CONTROL MESSAGE POP-UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!: CAN'T SHOW "SEEK" BECAUSE IT'S CAUSING ME TO RESTART RAPIDLY OHHHHH I FUCKKKKING HATE THIS CRINGE SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH WHERE THERE'S 1'S AND !'S TWICE!!!!!!!!!! CUZ THIS: https://youtu.be/QvNDYSrBreQ...
  4. pop up message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pop up message: I keep getting the message "New content is available. Please refresh web page" How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/ae61184e-5313-4c23-b49d-02c845cf5f9b
  5. pop up message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop up message: I keep getting the message "New content is available. Please refresh web page" How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/ae61184e-5313-4c23-b49d-02c845cf5f9b
  6. pop up message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Message pops ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message pops ups: A message pops up every time I start my computer. The message being the following ''Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PortraitDisplays.HPDisplayControl_4.6.44.0_x64_2dg...\Startup Task.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.''...
  8. pop up text

pop up text: On my laptop when I hover over items in the start menu like shutdown the text "Close all apps and turns off PC" pops up and make it hard to actually click shutdown. This does not happen on my desktop machine. How do I turn this feature off? I have go into the settings >...
  9. POP up message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POP up message: why do I keep getting the following message? C:\Windows\Systems32\cmd.exe with a black box screen in the background what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/4da6dc13-7dc6-44bd-91d7-f9d1816e05e2
  10. Disable the save As pop up messages for Notepad applications

Disable the save As pop up messages for Notepad applications: How do i disable the Save as pop up messages that arises when i try to close the notepad application having some unsaved data? Is it possible in windows 10? 111999

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable pop up messages

2. windows turn off pop up text