Windows 10: Disable the Lock Screen?

Discus and support Disable the Lock Screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks 6552 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LukeG, Mar 31, 2015.

1. LukeG Win User

Disable the Lock Screen?

Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup?

Thanks

:)

LukeG, Mar 31, 2015
  2. trbogt Win User

Disable the lock screen

Hi....are you running Windows Pro version?....if so you can use 'Group policy' to

disable/enable the lockscreen
    ...other wise the only way to get rid of it is to get rid of the sign-in procedure all together by running the netplwiz
    command in the link I provided previously ....

but try the link I provided today to see if there is a solution for your situation perhaps option 'three'....it is a long procedure .

I have found no other alternatives.

*john

trbogt, Mar 31, 2015
  3. trbogt Win User
    Disable the lock screen

Hi...you cannot disable Lock Screen,..... but you can disable 'sign-in' if you want...

Read this thread 'Killing the Sign-on Password.'

Your windows will boot into your desktop.

BTway...what's wrong with the Lock screen view ?...I still have it working and in use on many of my systems...I like to have my personal choices of pictures for each different system.... and I have ten of them.

or

Have you created a simple four digit pin number password?

When the lock screen comes up just type in the four digits and you are on your way.

*john

trbogt, Mar 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disable the Lock Screen?

Brink, Mar 31, 2015
  5. LukeG Win User
    LukeG, May 31, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Luke,

It works for me in build 10130. Double check to make sure that you do not have secure sign-in enabled.

Brink, May 31, 2015
  7. LukeG Win User
    Just to clarify that I mean the initial screen that shows before the login screen. In windows 8 it was the Seattle screen. What you suggest does work in Windows 8 as I've already done it but it doesn't seem to work in Windows 10. Secure sign in is disabled

LukeG, May 31, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disable the Lock Screen?

Yep, that would be the lock screen like below.

Disable the Lock Screen? [​IMG]

What is the brand and model number of your PC? There could be something from the OEM causing it not to disable the lock screen.

Brink, May 31, 2015
  9. LukeG Win User
    If it was the OEM that was causing it, surely it wouldn't have worked when it was Windows 8? Group Policy doesn't work as well as the registry. Could it just be the Windows Build?

LukeG, May 31, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 31, 2015
  11. LukeG Win User
    Ok thanks for your help. I'll have a look and try to get to the bottom of it, it's so confusing when something worked previously and not now.

LukeG, May 31, 2015
  12. Banzi Win User
    I disabled the lock screen on Windows 8.1 with no issues using gpedit, sadly it doesn't seem to work on Windows 10 past 2-3 builds. I have the do not display the lock screen policy set to enabled but it still shows. All I want is for it to just show the login screen when the PC boots or I lock the PC but that doesn't seem possible now.

Banzi, Jun 3, 2015
  13. LukeG Win User

Disable the Lock Screen?

Hi Banzi, that's exactly the same issue I'm having, I have found out that when no lock screen is enabled in gpedit, it does work for when you actually lock your PC but not on first startup. I am currently working on finding a fix for this

LukeG, Jun 3, 2015
  14. Banzi Win User
    Yeah it is annoying mate, I get the feeling it might be related to spotlight security or something. If you do find a fix please post it here *Smile

Banzi, Jun 3, 2015
  15. LukeG Win User
    Sure, it might take a while though but if I do, I'll let you know *Smile

LukeG, Jun 3, 2015
Thema:

Disable the Lock Screen?

1. Disable the Lock Screen? - Similar Threads - Disable Lock Screen

2. Disable startup lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable startup lock screen: Hello,I've been trying to get rid of the lock screen for hours, i can't manage to do it.I tried the techniques here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-startup-lock-screen/dd8ec354-e035-4809-bbea-e0847aba5afb- I am using a local account- Windows 10...
  3. Disable startup lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable startup lock screen: Hello,I've been trying to get rid of the lock screen for hours, i can't manage to do it.I tried the techniques here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-startup-lock-screen/dd8ec354-e035-4809-bbea-e0847aba5afb- I am using a local account- Windows 10...
  4. cannot disable lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot disable lock screen: I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming...
  5. cannot disable lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot disable lock screen: I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming...
  6. Keys disabled and screen locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys disabled and screen locked: Due to covid-19 im working from home. My daughter was playing about with my laptop and shes managed to disable the keys and lock the screen! Ive had a look on google but cant find a solution....can anyone help?...
  7. Permanently Disable Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Permanently Disable Lock Screen: I got a new laptop and it had some undesired behavior: After 5 minutes of being left unattended it returns to the lock screen where I have to sign in again. I cannot watch movies or anything else because the unattended pc goes to the lock screen after 5 minutes. I...
  8. Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen: Hi, I want to change the Welcome and Lock-Screen to a Solid Color. That Pictures from Windows are just Horrible, Terrible , they are making me sick. Thank you 63087
  9. Disable inactive lock screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable inactive lock screen.: Good afternoon, I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity. I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on...
  10. Can't Disable Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Disable Lock Screen: This issue has plagued me since I've transitioned to Windows 8 and up. The Lock Screen feature (primarily ctrl + w) gets in the way of using certain programs. I've tried a few methods, all of which either don't work or stopped working. Registry Editor [img] Local Group...