Windows 10: Disable the Volume Icon In Tray Menu Win10 (NOT WITH GPO!)

Discus and support Disable the Volume Icon In Tray Menu Win10 (NOT WITH GPO!) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, guys!Can someone tell how to programmatically disable the system sound icon (or other system icons) in Windows 10 from the tray menu? But not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KiberPsyx, Sep 1, 2017.

1. KiberPsyx Win User

Disable the Volume Icon In Tray Menu Win10 (NOT WITH GPO!)

Hi, guys!Can someone tell how to programmatically disable the system sound icon (or other system icons) in Windows 10 from the tray menu? But not through GPO policy. Because then it is not possible to enable it through the parameters, only also with registry tweak.

Disable the Volume Icon In Tray Menu Win10 (NOT WITH GPO!) [​IMG]

So actia

:)

KiberPsyx, Sep 1, 2017

2. volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Roaming Profile

I have a windows server 2012 r2 and i have GPO for windows 7 roaming profile set to "dont save any cashed profiles on any machine" and its working fine when a user login to machine A and second day he logs on machine B everything is working fine.

I am testing windows 10 professional with the same GPO's and i noticed that a first time user login to a machine it create a cached profile on C:\users and then a .v5 on his home directory and all the stat menu icons working without any issue, once he logs
    out and delete his cashed profile and log back again, the setting icon on the left side disappears and start menu softwares folder and icons doesn't work this happen when a GPO for deleting cache profile is set, if i disable that GPD everything works fine.

lets assume that i disabled the GPO for deleting the cached profile and that user decided to login somewhere else where there is no cache profile for his username under c:\users, he will face the same issue with the start menu.

How to solve this issue ??

YousifNakkash, Sep 1, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Basically you need to create a new Registry DWORD: HideSCAVolume at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer with value of 1 or 0 restarting Explorer afterwards.

If someone could write a batch file to create such a switch, would be great and programmatic.

Edwin, Sep 2, 2017
  5. If you open regedit, make that edit, then export that key to a reg file. You should have a file that you run to make that edit on a PC automatically.

alphanumeric, Sep 2, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 3, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Sep 3, 2017
  8. KiberPsyx Win User

Thanks for you answers guys. Of course i know how to disable this with GPO, *.reg and *.cmd files. But question was for "power users" who can explain where is setting of that swith located in system and not "HideSCAVolume".Something related with this:New Windows Tray / Notification Manager is here! | hianz

KiberPsyx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable the Volume Icon In Tray Menu Win10 (NOT WITH GPO!) - Similar Threads - Disable Volume Icon

2. Icons missing in 'Other system tray icons' in Setting menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons missing in 'Other system tray icons' in Setting menu: Hi all,Not sure how to fix this, have searched online and most suggest to delete Icon.db cache thing but doesn't work and I believe that is for like start menu icons missing.Does anyone have any clue how to restore icons back and delete that missing blank entry?...
  3. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  4. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  5. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working: I am also having the same problem as another Microsoft user Petercoffee re the volume icon in the task tray does not work. I have to manually go into the volume settings via the Control Panel to adjust every time. I think this likely happened after an MS Windows 10 update as...
  7. how to disable microphone icon in system tray

how to disable microphone icon in system tray: but just the icon, no i dont want to HIDE it, or disable my mic, i want it not to appear, useless icon i dont want or need. i know the reson it was made, but for the people it was made for WONT SEE IT! and onoly the people wasnt made for will, so thanks <irrelevant content...
  8. System tray has no icons for volume

System tray has no icons for volume: Turn on system icons are gray on. I need the icons in the system tray of the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-has-no-icons-for-volume/8e175dbf-d1f4-40c7-9562-3f3e0dff11a2
  9. volume icon not working in tray Windows 10

volume icon not working in tray Windows 10: I have delt with this issue before and used msconfig to solve it however I can't seem to remember the string. Does anyone know the correct msconfig string to fix this issue?...
  10. How to Disable the System Tray Icons "Jumping"

How to Disable the System Tray Icons "Jumping": For a while now, the icons in my system tray (bottom right corner of the screen next to where date & time is displayed) have been "jumping". This makes it difficult to click on an icon such as power, sound, or network. As far as I can tell, this glitch occurs every time I'm...