Windows 10: Disable Touchpad

Discus and support Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I disable the touchpad on an ASUS laptop? 72928 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColMac42, Dec 19, 2016.

1. ColMac42 Win User

Disable Touchpad

How can I disable the touchpad on an ASUS laptop?

:)

ColMac42, Dec 19, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Touchpad

My thinkpad bios has a setting to disable the touchpad in addition to the mouse settings has a touchpad enable/disable check box.

The Toshiba I'm on right now has Fn+F5 to enable/disable the touchpad that sticks for a few days - plus the control panel / mouse has the setting to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is attached.

Of course one could always go into Device Manager and disable the touchpad there.

'Mike P, Dec 19, 2016
  3. touchpad not working on my Asus vivobook Max X541N

touchpad is not working (windows 10)

and there is no touchpad setting option in my laptop

and even in devicemanager i cant find touchpad settings

there is a function key for disabling touchpad on my keyboard but i cant enable touchpad through that

whenever i am pressing fn + f9 it shows that touchpad is being disable but when i press that again it does not enable the touchpad (and the f9 key only show disabling touchpad symbol on it)

what should i do?

is there any other function key to enable touchpad?

PriyankaSingh1, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Disable Touchpad

On my ASUS laptop I disable the touchpad by using fn-f9. The same keys restore the touchscreen function.

Alan Russell, Dec 19, 2016
  5. ColMac42 Win User
    I have tried the fn + f9 combination before. Tried it again just now. It doesn't work.

ColMac42, Dec 19, 2016
  6. Alan Russell, Dec 19, 2016
  7. ColMac42 Win User
    I downloaded the ASUS ATK package. Could not install it because a version was already installed. Uninstalled the existing version (which came with the computer when I bought it two weeks ago) and restarted. Installed the new ASUS ATK app and restarted the computer.

fn f9 still does nothing.

ColMac42, Dec 19, 2016
  8. Disable Touchpad

Could you fill out your system specs? At the moment you are listed as using a Lenovo PC. It would help if we could get the model of ASUS laptop you have.

Alan Russell, Dec 19, 2016
  9. ColMac42 Win User
    Should have done that. I have updated the specs for the laptop I'm struggling with.

ColMac42, Dec 20, 2016
  10. Two questions: 1. Is the model of your PC actually X555DA rather than just 555DA? 2. I see in your specs that you use a mouse, have you set the Smart Gesture software to disable the touchpad when the mouse is plugged in?

Disable Touchpad [​IMG]

Alan Russell, Dec 20, 2016
  11. ColMac42 Win User
    See jpg attached with system data.

I don't have Smart Gesture software installed. I shall download it from ASUS and see if that helps.

ColMac42, Dec 20, 2016
  12. ColMac42 Win User
    LATER

Downloaded and installed ASUS Smart Gesture. Mouse is plugged in. The touch pad is still working.

ColMac42, Dec 20, 2016
  13. Disable Touchpad

I'm running out of ideas. Do the other fn-fx keys work? fn-f2 to toggle airplane mode, fn-f10 to toggle sound muting, for example?

Alan Russell, Dec 20, 2016
  14. ColMac42 Win User
    ALAN!

I tried fn-f2 and it toggles airplane mode. I tried fn-f10 and it toggles sound muting. Then, in desperation, I tried fn-f9 one more time, and it disabled the touch pad!

I can only think that following your lead, and downloading and installing ASUS Smart Gesture this time did the trick. I had to download, install, uninstall, restart, and then download and install the application a second time, but this time it worked.

Many thanks for your patience with this lame amateur and for your perseverance in helping me. To recall the immortal words of Spock on Star Trek, may you live long and prosper.

Thank you!

ColMac42, Dec 20, 2016
  15. You're welcome, glad I could help.

Alan Russell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disable Touchpad

1. Disable Touchpad - Similar Threads - Disable Touchpad

2. two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...: the problem is that if i scroll 2 finger scroll from time to time the right click window apears 2 finger click.this happens only on the bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mros130.the touchpad on the laptop works fine. because i disabled the 2 finger click.a reinstall of...
  3. two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...: the problem is that if i scroll 2 finger scroll from time to time the right click window apears 2 finger click.this happens only on the bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mros130.the touchpad on the laptop works fine. because i disabled the 2 finger click.a reinstall of...
  4. My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad: My mouse randomly disappeared in a TEST. I had no choice but to complete the rest of the test with the touchscreen. It was really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappears-when-i-dont-disable-the/d5cc7459-8d3a-43c9-a7b0-3e0e33654bd4
  5. My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad

My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad: My mouse randomly disappeared in a TEST. I had no choice but to complete the rest of the test with the touchscreen. It was really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappears-when-i-dont-disable-the/d5cc7459-8d3a-43c9-a7b0-3e0e33654bd4
  6. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update: Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The first thing I need to do is enable it again. In the device manager the setting "pc can disable device to save power" is...
  7. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update: Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The first thing I need to do is enable it again. In the device manager the setting "pc can disable device to save power" is...
  8. Touchpad disables itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad disables itself: I was using my laptop for work and after typing for a while the touchpad stopped working. I don’t have a mouse connected, I didn’t turn off the touchpad in settings. I looked up a video and it said to check the touchpad settings, upon inspection I noticed that the touchpad...
  9. Touchpad disables itself

Touchpad disables itself: I was using my laptop for work and after typing for a while the touchpad stopped working. I don’t have a mouse connected, I didn’t turn off the touchpad in settings. I looked up a video and it said to check the touchpad settings, upon inspection I noticed that the touchpad...
  10. How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?

How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?: I use a HP Pavilion x360 and unfortunately if I apply any pressure to the left of the touchpad right where my wrist lays while typing, the physical left click button triggers and causes all sorts of problems. I'd like to disable this button, and instead use tap gestures to...