Windows 10: Disable UASP in Windows 10?

Discus and support Disable UASP in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable UASP support in Windows 10 over USB, and force BOT mode? I'm having lots of issues with my external enclosures that support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rivre, Oct 18, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

Disable UASP in Windows 10?

Is there a way to disable UASP support in Windows 10 over USB, and force BOT mode? I'm having lots of issues with my external enclosures that support UASP since moving to my new PC with Windows 10, and I'm trying to troubleshoot. A post I read hints that maybe UASP is behind my external USB enclosure troubles (dropping drives that lead to corruption and data loss).

My USB 3 thumb drive has caused no issues, and it doesn't support UASP. My UASP USB 3 enclosures got corrupted and caused data loss immediately after trying to copy to the enclosure. The same enclosures and drives worked fine in my old Windows 7 PC. So I'd like to see if I can rule out UASP. Can I disable that in Windows 10? I see USBSTOR.sys is loaded in device manager when I plug my USB thumb drive in because it doesn't support UASP. I haven't dared to plug my enclosures back in until I backup my data now, but if the USB device supports UASP then UASPStor.sys would be running instead of USBSTOR.sys. I'd like to force Windows 10 to use USBSTOR.sys but I don't know if I can do that. I think if UASP is supported by all devices Windows 10 will use it. Any help?

:)

rivre, Oct 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 and UASP Support for USB 3.0

Can you post your current setup? UASP is highly dependent on hardware support, your system won't be able to utilize it if your hardware doesn't support UASP even if you are running a supported OS. Does your Storage Controllers tab in Device Manager show
    SCSI after inserting your UASP-enabled device?

cioredulla, Oct 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 and UASP Support for USB 3.0

I am in the process of building a new machine with Windows 10 on it. I currently have a machine with Windows 7.

Windows 7 does not have UASP support for USB 3.0 and I was hoping that when i connected my external USB 3.0 hard drive to my new Windows 10 machine that it would run faster. Unfortunately it actually runs a bit slower.

I have the updated drivers, I have an external enclosure and adapter card that both support UASP. I have gone into the properties of my drive and enable write caching and better performance but it still has not changed anything.

Any information on how to enable this would be appreciated as I have found nothing in a google search regarding UASP support in Windows 10.

Supposedly UASP support works in Windows 8.1 but I skipped right over that OS so I have nothing to compare to.

Thanks!

elimjohnson, Oct 18, 2016
  4. rivre Win User

Is there really no way to force Windows 10 to use USB 3 BOT mode instead of UASP for external enclosures?

rivre, Oct 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Disable UASP in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Disable UASP

2. How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11: When I click on a window e.g., Explorer title bar and keep the touchpad pressed, the systems waits for me to drag the window.If I click near the left or right edge of the touchpad and keep the touchpad pressed the system drags the window left or right without me moving my...
  3. How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11: When I click on a window e.g., Explorer title bar and keep the touchpad pressed, the systems waits for me to drag the window.If I click near the left or right edge of the touchpad and keep the touchpad pressed the system drags the window left or right without me moving my...
  4. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.: I have an OptiPlex 3040, and when trying to figure out why my Nvidia GPU wasn't processing anything, I ended up turning off the IntelR GPU, causing my screen to go black.I then attempted to access the bios to factory reset in hopes to have that automatically enable the...
  5. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.: I have an OptiPlex 3040, and when trying to figure out why my Nvidia GPU wasn't processing anything, I ended up turning off the IntelR GPU, causing my screen to go black.I then attempted to access the bios to factory reset in hopes to have that automatically enable the...
  6. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...
  8. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...
  9. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

10. I can't disable VirtualizationBasedSecurity VBS. WHY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable VirtualizationBasedSecurity VBS. WHY?: My specs: Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 5000. Joined domain.Please see my screenshot https://i.stack.imgur.com/IqkPO.png1. I tried turn off Memory Integrity in the Window Security panel with admin privilege, it still become on after I restarted my PC. I tried more than 10 times2....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable uasp

2. disable uasp windows 10 1903

3. enable uasp windows 10