Windows 10: Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1

Discus and support Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello sml156, *Smile Thank you, but you don't need to worry about the updates if this is disabled using either option in the tutorial. At least for now. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Tony K, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1

Hello sml156, *Smile

Thank you, but you don't need to worry about the updates if this is disabled using either option in the tutorial. At least for now.

Brink, Mar 11, 2016
  2. ICIT2LOL Win User

Hmm well am still using 7 and I have given up on updates (I don't install any unless I can prove it doesn't relate to 10) because one can spend so much time going through them researching what is in them and what they will do as the guises are really quite innocuous at first sight - for example KB3139929.

I have yet to go 10 as I didn't really like the GUI for one thing the panels they are seemingly set on us to use and truthfully they annoy the hell out of me. All in all am very disappointed at the way that Microsoft have gone about selling 10 and they use methods that I feel are ones I would not use as I like to be honest and up front with anyone.

ICIT2LOL, Mar 12, 2016
  3. drugo Win User
    hiabout Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows through Windows Updatei haven't on my windows 7 64bit sp1 proi have it under windows 8.1 pro 64bitwhy? can't have under w7?thanks

drugo, Mar 17, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello drugo, *Smile

If you like, you can use OPTION ONE to disable the upgrade to Window 10 update to no longer have it available.

Brink, Mar 17, 2016
  5. drugo Win User
    Hi Brink
    i did it
    just wonder why i haven't
    under w7 ..
    thanks Brink

drugo, Mar 17, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    drugo,

If you mean that you don't have Group Policy in Windows 7, then only the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions include Group Policy.

Brink, Mar 17, 2016
  7. drugo Win User
    hi Brink
    i have windows 7 sp1 profesional and i have group policy , but under Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update there is no "Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update"
    i know it's weird *Sad
    i tried on another pc with w7 64bit ultimate and there is no Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update

drugo, Mar 17, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

It should be there just like in the screenshot of Windows 7 I just took below. Double check to make sure that you have the correct path of folders expanded open.

Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1 [​IMG]

Brink, Mar 17, 2016
  9. drugo Win User
    Hi Brink
    look

and

*sarc*sarc

drugo, Mar 18, 2016
  10. derekimo Win User
    I'm guessing you are monitoring your updates? That option needs to have the updated WU client mentioned here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351

That was in the blue information box on the first page of the tutorial.

derekimo, Mar 18, 2016
  11. drugo Win User
    i guess you are right i haven't kb3080351 , but was it a optional update?
    thanks

drugo, Mar 18, 2016
  12. derekimo Win User
    You're welcome, honestly I don't remember, I'm sure it was at least recommended.

So depending on your update settings it could have been in the optional section if that were the case.

derekimo, Mar 18, 2016
  13. drugo Win User

hi
    i have checked on my w8.1 ,i have this update kb3080351 *sarc*sarc*sarc
    in short i have not installed on my w8.1 and 7 kb3080351 , that's very weird

drugo, Mar 18, 2016
  14. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Mar 18, 2016
  15. drugo Win User
    drugo, Mar 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1 - Similar Threads - Disable Upgrade Update

2. Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails: Everytime I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 RTM, it boots into a black screen, and then after that, I have to force reboot for it to rollback. I attached the logs below. I must upgrade to Windows 8 RTM. I know it is EOL but I must do it for reasons that will not be disclosed....
  3. Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails: Everytime I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 RTM, it boots into a black screen, and then after that, I have to force reboot for it to rollback. I attached the logs below. I must upgrade to Windows 8 RTM. I know it is EOL but I must do it for reasons that will not be disclosed....
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1: Hi, Can I still upgrade free of cost into windows 10 from windows 7 or windows 8/8.1 Computers. They can activate by windows 7/8/8.1 product keys. Please reply...
  5. Windows 10, 8, or 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, 8, or 7: Can Windows 10, 8, or 7 be installed on a MacBook Pro laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-8-or-7/1b2b0ef2-d4e9-494a-afda-ab7773e1ea39
  6. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1: I have a Dell precision T3600 with RAID 1 configuration running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. My goal is to upgrade without loosing functionality. So, I have some questions. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 in the RAID 1 configuration following a...
  7. Upgrading Windows 7/8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 7/8 to Windows 10: I have some legal/technical questions Today I updated 3 pcs to Windows 10 1909 PC1: Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro, I didn't need to provide a license key. PC2: Windows 8 Home to Windows 10 Home, I didn't need to provide a license key, but when I tried to upgrade from...
  8. Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10: How to: Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the...
  9. Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10: How to: Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 The Run dialog box Win + R provides an easy way to run commands and open items (ex: apps, files, folders, drives,...
  10. Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8: Just read an article that claims that Microsoft will automatically install Windows 10 on your computer if you have Windows 7 & 8. This is bad because I personally will never use it. http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#3672c44175eb "Happy using Windows 7 or...