Windows 10: Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1

Discus and support Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello Frogman, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile This is correct to prevent getting the upgrade to Windows 10 update in Windows 7 or 8. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Tony K, Sep 17, 2015.

1. 51Frogman Win User

Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1

Thank you Shawn, really appreciate all the good work you do here. Just wanted to confirm this. I'm not the sharpest tack in the box and sometimes easlily confused... "oh look! there's a squirrel!" *Smile

51Frogman, Sep 13, 2016
  2. 51Frogman Win User

Hi Night Hawk, thanks for looking in and your suggestions. I haven't had any issues yet with the GWX on my 7 machines. Just getting tired of monitoring WUs like a hawk to avoid them. I do plan on getting 10 sometime in the future for testing, maybe in a dual boot like yours or maybe VM.

Cheers!*Biggrin

51Frogman, Sep 13, 2016
  3. The "Notorious" GWX or KB303583 update should no longer be any concern anyways since the MS promotional period for the new version ended on the 1st anniversary date for the 2015 launch a year ago. At first the early WU update coming in would be problematic and was later updated with another only lacking the deny option which became a big concern. Fortunately for the work of a certain guide writer however many avoided dispair! *Thumbs I think you know who that is! *Biggrin

(of course i also like the part there of "being like a hawk" but ... *Nerd )

Night Hawk, Sep 14, 2016
  4. 51Frogman Win User

yup Hawkman, it's been a interesting year for sure. Just glad I found these forums for help and knowledge. Wish I'd found this thread sooner! *Huh
    Looks like I'm closing the barn door after the horses got out! *Roflmao2

51Frogman, Sep 14, 2016
  5. Well you know what they say about if the shoe fits wear it!*Roflmao2

All I can say is that 10 this time is more then just a new adventure as seen previously for each newer version to come along. MS has been changing the rule book a bit for 10! These forums have been seeing a huge number of very useful guides over the years as well such as this one here which has been invaluable in seeing people get things working.

So far up until this point 10 has been proving itself to be a rather stable element in contrast to the Big and Floppy MS goof initially seen with 8 when trying to splash us with a dual platform OS. I knew back then it would take a few more versions in order for MS to start seeing thing shape up into something worth looking at while still wanting to keep the 7 side going as long as possible if not all the way to 2020. I paid full price for the Ultimate edition back in '09 and wanted to get my money's worth at the same time having found that to be a champ at the time. We still have to move forward however.

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1 - Similar Threads - Disable Upgrade Update

2. Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails: Everytime I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 RTM, it boots into a black screen, and then after that, I have to force reboot for it to rollback. I attached the logs below. I must upgrade to Windows 8 RTM. I know it is EOL but I must do it for reasons that will not be disclosed....
  3. Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails: Everytime I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 RTM, it boots into a black screen, and then after that, I have to force reboot for it to rollback. I attached the logs below. I must upgrade to Windows 8 RTM. I know it is EOL but I must do it for reasons that will not be disclosed....
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1: Hi, Can I still upgrade free of cost into windows 10 from windows 7 or windows 8/8.1 Computers. They can activate by windows 7/8/8.1 product keys. Please reply...
  5. Windows 10, 8, or 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, 8, or 7: Can Windows 10, 8, or 7 be installed on a MacBook Pro laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-8-or-7/1b2b0ef2-d4e9-494a-afda-ab7773e1ea39
  6. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1: I have a Dell precision T3600 with RAID 1 configuration running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. My goal is to upgrade without loosing functionality. So, I have some questions. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 in the RAID 1 configuration following a...
  7. Upgrading Windows 7/8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 7/8 to Windows 10: I have some legal/technical questions Today I updated 3 pcs to Windows 10 1909 PC1: Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro, I didn't need to provide a license key. PC2: Windows 8 Home to Windows 10 Home, I didn't need to provide a license key, but when I tried to upgrade from...
  8. Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10: How to: Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Command Prompt in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the...
  9. Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10: How to: Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 The Run dialog box Win + R provides an easy way to run commands and open items (ex: apps, files, folders, drives,...
  10. Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8: Just read an article that claims that Microsoft will automatically install Windows 10 on your computer if you have Windows 7 & 8. This is bad because I personally will never use it. http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#3672c44175eb "Happy using Windows 7 or...