Windows 10: Disable Wallpaper for Only One Monitor

Discus and support Disable Wallpaper for Only One Monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have three 4k monitors, all connected via DisplayPort. I recently began using the HDMI port on my video card for audio. However, Windows will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ltwally, Jun 28, 2018.

1. ltwally Win User

Disable Wallpaper for Only One Monitor

I have three 4k monitors, all connected via DisplayPort. I recently began using the HDMI port on my video card for audio. However, Windows will not enable the HDMI port for only audio. It has to be enabled as a display, as well. So, now I have a not-physically-existent 800x600 display off in a corner. It causes me no problems there.

But, there is a quirk: I have lots of 4k resolution wallpapers set to shuffle. I'm noticing that I'm not seeing many of them any longer, as Windows 10 is rotating wallpaper onto this 800x600 display.

So, how do I get Windows to stop putting my wallpapers onto this fake display? Can I use the registry to hard-code a wallpaper onto this fake monitor, so that Windows 10 will skip past it when rotating through the wallpapers for the other monitors?

Relevant specs:
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    Nvidia 1080 GTX. Real monitors: 3x Display Ports. Fake monitor: 1x HDMI port.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

:)

ltwally, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Using different folders of wallpapers for different Slideshow on each monitors

Hi,

You can set different wallpapers for multiple monitors without having to install a third-party software. To do this, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the empty area of desktop and then click Personalize.
    • Under Choose your picture section, right-click on a picture which you want to set as a desktop background for one of your monitors. You will see a context menu, and you can select which monitor to use.
    • You can also use the Browse button to browse to the picture you want to set as a wallpaper. Click
      Choose picture to add it to the Choose your picture section, and press right-click on the picture.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Wallpaper with multiple monitors

Hi Bandalo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to select different wallpaper for each display in Extend display mode.

There might be some issues with system files or viruses, which is not allowing you to select different wallpapers

Please perform some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open Run command.
    • In Run window type devmgmt.msc.
    • Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.
    • Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Method 2: Please try to run SFC Scan on your computer to check all system files are working fine or not.

In order to run System File Checker (SFC) you can follow the steps provided in the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

After completion of this scan please restart computer and then check the status of your computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Bandalo76 Win User

Wallpaper with multiple monitors

I have tried both methods, and had zero success.

I do not see how resetting the Windows Store cache will correct a problem with changing my wallpaper.

I do agree with the previous poster who said the apps are missing basic features. With his workaround I can change my wallpaper on both monitors. Both suggestions provided by "Microsoft Support Engineers" have not even properly addressed the question and
    simply provided cut-and-paste answers.

Bandalo76, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Wallpaper for Only One Monitor - Similar Threads - Disable Wallpaper Monitor

2. Accidentally disabled the only monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally disabled the only monitor: I accidentally disabled my only monitor through device manager.Tried restarting system multiple times to trigger safe mode, or turning off power abruptly a couple times so that it would start in safe mode yet can not turn it back on to fix it.Is there any way to turn it on...
  3. Accidentally disabled the only monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally disabled the only monitor: I accidentally disabled my only monitor through device manager.Tried restarting system multiple times to trigger safe mode, or turning off power abruptly a couple times so that it would start in safe mode yet can not turn it back on to fix it.Is there any way to turn it on...
  4. Wallpaper slideshow only on one Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper slideshow only on one Monitors: Hi, I'm on windows 10. I have three monitors. I use two of them to work and store icons, the third one is always empty. For the 2 first monitors I like to have a solid color no image background. I want to have a slideshow on my third screen and a solid color or a fix image or...
  5. Wallpaper slideshow only on one Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper slideshow only on one Monitors: Hi, I'm on windows 10. I have three monitors. I use two of them to work and store icons, the third one is always empty. For the 2 first monitors I like to have a solid color no image background. I want to have a slideshow on my third screen and a solid color or a fix image or...
  6. Wallpaper slideshow only on one Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Slideshow on dual monitors - different wallpapers, only changes on one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slideshow on dual monitors - different wallpapers, only changes on one: I have two monitors and I have it set so there is a different wallpaper on each screen. I want to use slideshow mode so that both wallpapers will change every day. However, when I enable it, only one of the wallpapers changes; the other wallpaper always stays the same. How...
  8. Can I set one monitor wallpaper to be static and the other monitor to rotate wallpapers?

Can I set one monitor wallpaper to be static and the other monitor to rotate wallpapers?: Title says it, can't find a solution. submitted by /u/RecklessEmpire [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jq2iqr/can_i_set_one_monitor_wallpaper_to_be_static_and/
  9. Disable taskbar on one monitor only?

Disable taskbar on one monitor only?: I got a four monitor setup and I keep accidentally clicking on the icons on my fourth monitors taskbar when doing stuff on my third monitor. Does anyone know a way to just get rid of that taskbar on that monitor only? I tried both Ultramon and DisplayFusion and none do what...
  10. Is it possible to have only one monitor shuffle wallpapers?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to have only one monitor shuffle wallpapers?: I have two monitors and I was wondering if it is possible to have one monitor have a static wallpaper and the other shuffle wallpapers. 27257

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wallpaper only in one monitor

2. can I have one monitor run slideshow when disabled?

3. can you disable desktop background on one monitor