Windows 10: Disable Win+Ctrl+D or Task View?

Discus and support Disable Win+Ctrl+D or Task View? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to disable this shortcut if possible, windows+ctrl+D. It opens a new desktop sometimes when I'm playing games and is really annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aidan47, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Aidan47 Win User

Disable Win+Ctrl+D or Task View?

Hi, I would like to disable this shortcut if possible, windows+ctrl+D. It opens a new desktop sometimes when I'm playing games and is really annoying.

I have already disabled all Win+ shortcuts through regedit but this is still happening, if I can't disable that shortcut, is there any way to completely remove Task view? I never use it anyway.

:)

Aidan47, Jun 28, 2017
  2. paul3397. Win User

How to disable Ctrl+D?

I've been playing Win 10 edition minecraft and have crouch set to Ctrl and every single time i try to crouch and go right i gotta use Ctrl+D and it switches between windows and it is driving me crazy, how do i disable Ctrl+D?

****Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.****

paul3397., Jun 28, 2017
  3. How to disable Ctrl+D?

Hi Paul,

In-game configuration settings, like keyboard control is being handled by the game developer. To get a better assistance, we recommend that you contact Mojang Support. To do this, you may refer to the link below.

Mojang Support

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 28, 2017
  4. daikin990 Win User

To re-enable and show or unhide the Task View button, just reselect the same “Show Task View button” option.

*Arrow Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Go to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

Find a DWORD value named ShowTaskViewButton. By default, the value data is “1” for showing the Task View button on the Taskbar. Change it to 0 to hide it from Taskbar.

daikin990, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Aidan47 Win User
    Hi Daikin990, unfortunately that just disables the task view button, the key combo and task view still work after doing this, thanks though.

Aidan47, Jun 28, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    Don't wanna sound like a disappointment, but I've been told that all the built-in Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts are nonadjustable. Neither can they be disabled.

I've spent hours looking online to disable a Windows 10 keyboard shortcut (because I wanted to use that shortcut for a different program). I was unable to find any effective method, so I gave up. Instead I thought up of a different keyboard shortcut for my program (that wasn't being used by Windows 10) and stuck with that instead.

pepanee, Jun 28, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    If its interfering with a specific game keybinding, why not consider changing the key combination.

swarfega, Jun 29, 2017
  8. pepanee Win User

...that's what I said.... ...."that's what she said"

pepanee, Jun 29, 2017
  9. The same thing is happening to me too! It literally only happens to me in Overwatch, and it only happens every few days, maybe once a week.

I finally was able to capture it happening to me tonight, here's the video: Overwatch Screen Swap Glitch on Windows 10, Please Help! - YouTube

If I figure out how to disable this key combo, I'll make sure to come back here and tell you.

Edit: Apparently the only thing you can do is disable the Windows Key all together, which I don't like. When a game won't let me Alt+Tab, the Windows Key usually works for me, but now that i have to disable it, I can't use it. Here's how to disable it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rd-windows-key

NotEvenJauuuwn, Jul 1, 2017
  10. Another option, is to check if your keyboard will let the Windows key be locked by pressing Fn+F12.

NotEvenJauuuwn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Win+Ctrl+D or Task View? - Similar Threads - Disable Win+Ctrl+D Task

2. How can I disable CTRL + D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable CTRL + D: I play lots of games where holding CTRL and D at the same time is necessary. However when i press CTRL and then D, the D function seems to not work.I believe this is because it is doing another function outside of the game; toggling "show desktop icons"On my desktop, CTRL+D...
  3. How can I disable CTRL + D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable CTRL + D: I play lots of games where holding CTRL and D at the same time is necessary. However when i press CTRL and then D, the D function seems to not work.I believe this is because it is doing another function outside of the game; toggling "show desktop icons"On my desktop, CTRL+D...
  4. How can I disable CTRL + D

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Ctrl+D on strike

Ctrl+D on strike: For about a month on my Windows 10 Ctrl+D fails to do anything. I haven't found any other Ctrl+ failure. In the Chrome browser Ctrl+D records a tab as a bookmark, in Windows 10 it's supposed to Delete, in Excel to copy a cell and in other obscure programmes it has other...
  6. DISABLE MULTIPLE DESKTOP SHOURTCUT WIN + CTRL + D

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DISABLE MULTIPLE DESKTOP SHOURTCUT WIN + CTRL + D: I already tried EVERYTHING, added a few things on regedit like some links told to do, reboot and NOTHING. I'm trying to play a game and EVERYTIME this new goddamn desktop pop-up, great addition to Windows 10, very usefull tool, mostly when the shortcut buttons are so near of...
  7. How to disable task view

How to disable task view: I am running windows 10 education because I can get a product key through work. This being said, my work Microsoft account is not linked to my device and I am the sole owner and user of my device. The task view feature drives me insane. I find the clustering of windows...
  8. Disable the task view feature

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable the task view feature: Is it possible to disable this annoying feature so it wont appear if i accidentally click the windows key + tab? 130417
  9. Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation

Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation: So you can turn off the "sliding" animation when switching between Virtual desktops when unchecking "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" in the Performance Options; this prevents you from seeing any animations when you switch between virtual desktops. However,...
  10. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ctrl win d off

2. disable windows control d

3. disable Win-Ctrl-D combination

4. how to disable windows ctrl d,
  5. disable ctrl win d