Windows 10: Disable Windows 10 spelling correction

Discus and support Disable Windows 10 spelling correction in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to disable windows 10 spelling correction on Windows 10 enterprise using group policy? I've looked up number of articles and KBAs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AghastHail05, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Disable Windows 10 spelling correction

Does anyone know how to disable windows 10 spelling correction on Windows 10 enterprise using group policy?

I've looked up number of articles and KBAs but none shows the answer.

:)

AghastHail05, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

How to prevent windows 10 from correcting spelling

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the question provided below:

• Are you experiencing the issue when using Microsoft Office or Windows mail app?
    Please take note that if you are disabling the Autocorrect feature, we highly recommend that you restart the app that you want to use for the changes to take effect.

To disable spelling and grammar correction features in Word, follow these steps:

1. Open Word.

2. Select File.

3. Choose Options.

4. Go to Proofing.5. Under When correcting spelling and grammar in Word, uncheck
    Check spelling as you type and Check grammar spelling.

Also, to identify and resolve issues with language dictionary, we suggest that you check this article:

Troubleshoot checking spelling and grammar in multiple languages

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Spelling auto-correct isn't working

Hi Mark,

To resolve your issue about Spelling auto-correct, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the
      Settings app.
    • Navigate to Devices and go to Typing.
    • Under Spelling, switch the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words to the Off position.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, go to the same settings page and turn back
      On the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words
      feature.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Disable Windows 10 spelling correction

Windows 10 English Australia - Handwriting and Spelling Correction

Hi Nick,

Please be informed that the auto correction and spell check works only in Microsoft office word. This must be the reason why the auto feature does not work in the browsers.

However, do make sure the auto spelling correction options are enabled by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings

2. Click Devices > typing, enable all the options

I would also suggest you to post a feedback in the feedback app regarding this issue for our developers to look into it.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance on windows. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Disable Windows 10 spelling correction

1. Disable Windows 10 spelling correction - Similar Threads - Disable spelling correction

2. Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...: Hello,I have found on multiple occasions that Windows 11 suggestions for spelling corrections are very distant from the word I am spelling wrong. Today I spelled available wrong, i.e., availble, but the suggestions were....AvailablyAvailedViableNo mention of the usage...
  3. Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...: Hello,I have found on multiple occasions that Windows 11 suggestions for spelling corrections are very distant from the word I am spelling wrong. Today I spelled available wrong, i.e., availble, but the suggestions were....AvailablyAvailedViableNo mention of the usage...
  4. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: No, the answers elsewhere are not correct/sufficient.First off, why is spellchecking something that is set up in the "settings-> devices -> typing"...Generalizing autocorrecting and spellchecking to be a global on and off like that is the reason why so many people can't...
  5. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: Hello,I'm happy with Windows 10 Mail app, although I can't find how I can disable spell check in Mail. I prefer having all Windows programs in English, but I write most of my E-mails in Dutch. While typing in Dutch, I get a lot of very annoying autocorrections.Under 'options'...
  6. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: Hello,I'm happy with Windows 10 Mail app, although I can't find how I can disable spell check in Mail. I prefer having all Windows programs in English, but I write most of my E-mails in Dutch. While typing in Dutch, I get a lot of very annoying autocorrections.Under 'options'...
  7. Impossible to disable Spell check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Impossible to disable Spell check: I am really going crazy with this. Why is there not a simple option to disable the spell checking in my mail program in windows 10. It messes all my writing when I change languages,spanish,catalan,german, I want to decide what i write and NOT Windows. Unbelievable that...
  8. Unable to disable spell checker

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to disable spell checker: For some unknown reason I still get the annoying red underline in Edge despite having all the settings in settings-devices-typing turned off. What's up with that? Did I miss something else somewhere? 121442
  9. Unable to disable spell checker

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to disable spell checker: For some unknown reason I still get the annoying red underline in Edge despite having all the settings in settings-devices-typing turned off. What's up with that? Did I miss something else somewhere? 121442
  10. Documentation for spell check/auto-correct?

in Windows 10 Support
    Documentation for spell check/auto-correct?: Can anyone point me to documentation that explains in detail how spell check/auto-correct works in Windows 10? For example, (1) How does it handle multiple installed languages? and (2) What applications does it work in? (On my installation, it works in the compose mail window...