Windows 10: Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...

Discus and support Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using a 4K monitor (and a 1920x1080 besides it, but that most likely doesn't matter), and you start a Game for instance that runs in 1920x1080,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Torxed, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Torxed Win User

Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...

When using a 4K monitor (and a 1920x1080 besides it, but that most likely doesn't matter), and you start a Game for instance that runs in 1920x1080, that will force any window open in the desktop environment to be resized to 1920x1080 (and often moved to a new location).

How the hell do you turn this off?

(Settings -> Multitasking -> everything is off, in case it had to do with snapping).

:)

Torxed, Jul 13, 2018

2. Some applications displaying in lower resolutions! Help!

Applications such as Nvidia's Control Panel are running in a very blurry resolution. My display is set to 1920x1080 and the zoom is at 100%. View Attachments/Pictures to observe the problem. PLEASE HELP! *Smile

1st Screenshot: GeForce Driver up to date (353.62)
    2nd: My display drivers/adapters
    3rd: Three windows that have lower resolution
    4th: A normal resolution window
    5th: Two windows: Left one is the lower resolution, Right is the normal

Sorry for the blurry screenshots... It is kinda hard to differentiate between the blurry applications and the normal ones in these screenshots, but I assure you they are very different on my screen.

Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution... [​IMG]

Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution... [​IMG]

Chief Furor, Jul 13, 2018
  3. kerbumble Win User
    Lower screen resolution on 6280?

I'm noticing that a lot of applications and games are designed for a low resolution screen. My 6280 has high resolution, so that apps take up only the upper left hand corner of the screen. Too tiny to read, really. Is there a way lower my screen resolution?
    Or is it that these games have to be resolution-aware? Thanks for any advice.

kerbumble, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...

Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10  

Okay, sorry bout that.
    I was under the impression it was a two step process to go from the default menu to the resizable menu then an extra step to go to the Start Screen. *Redface

Edwin, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution... - Similar Threads - Disable being resized

2. Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution: Recently I bought a 4k monitor and tried to play Apex Legends in full HD resolution. because I want to use it as 4k for programming and 4k requires too much power to play games.But I noticed that when games go into full HD full screen mode, Windows also go into HD resolution....
  3. Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution: Recently I bought a 4k monitor and tried to play Apex Legends in full HD resolution. because I want to use it as 4k for programming and 4k requires too much power to play games.But I noticed that when games go into full HD full screen mode, Windows also go into HD resolution....
  4. All applications opening in lower resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    All applications opening in lower resolution: My laptop has a 1920x1080 display resolution. I was working on my laptop, when suddenly everything became slightly blurry. I did a quick online resolution check, and it seems like Chrome the window on which I was working was displaying a resolution of 1280x720. The basic...
  5. Resize Windows 10 full screen application

Resize Windows 10 full screen application: Hi - I have a media streaming application IPTV Smarters Player which will only run in full screen mode - so it always takes up a complete monitor when it is playing, I have checked and changed the various properties on Window sizes but nothing changes its behaviour. I even...
  6. Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop: Maybe someone here can help me. I am using my Surface Book to remote into my desktop in my house. My problem is my desktop can't keep up with the resolution (3000x2000). I want to force the resolution to 1920x1280 but still keep the Remote Desktop full screen. Even if I edit...
  7. Resize from full screen

Resize from full screen: The full screen icon doesn't seem to work anymore since last update. Use to be able to look at multiple screens and can nolonger do that-any fixs would be helpful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-from-full-screen/bd853ca1-7fa2-455b-9bf8-a108f09e8ff7
  8. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting: I developed an App using Visual Basic 2010. Compiled, packaged and distributed it. The app is working well on most computers. But on some Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series notebooks with Windows 10, the moment my app launches (ONLY MY APP), the screen resolution automatically...
  9. Windows Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...
  10. Some applications displaying in lower resolutions! Help!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Some applications displaying in lower resolutions! Help!: Applications such as Nvidia's Control Panel are running in a very blurry resolution. My display is set to 1920x1080 and the zoom is at 100%. View Attachments/Pictures to observe the problem. PLEASE HELP! *Smile 1st Screenshot: GeForce Driver up to date (353.62) 2nd: My...