Windows 10: Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer

Discus and support Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jet, Oct 18, 2015.

1. JET
    jet Win User

Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer

Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside the .zip are shown in the right pane view. I've scoured the net and found ways for Win7(which I did disable .zip folders on my other Win7 machine) and Vista, perhaps 8 too but I don't want to risk trying a method for older versions of windows.*Eek Has anyone been able to find a solution/reg hack or whatever to disable .zip folder?

Thanks..........

:)

2. WinZip & Windows 10

WinZip is 3rd party. To compress a file using the built-in feature in Windows, select a file or group of files. Right-click on them, click Send To, and click Compressed (zipped) folder. You can zip a file from File Explorer > Share tab as well.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 18, 2015
  3. How to Zip and Unzip with Windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You can zip (compress) a file so that it takes up less space. This feature is similar to one in previous versions of Windows.

To zip (compress) a file or folder

• Click on File Explorer icon on the taskbar or press Windows key + E together, to open file explorer.
    • Select the file or folder, tap or click Share, and then tap or click
      Zip in the Ribbon toolbar.

(System might take some time to compress the folder)

To unzip (extract) files or folders from a compressed folder

• Click on File Explorer icon on the taskbar or press Windows key + E together, to open file explorer.
    • Double click on the zip file. A new window opens.
    • Click on Extract to and select the destination folder.
    • Follow the onscreen procedure to complete the process.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 18, 2015
  5. JET
    jet Win User
    Hi Brink, its nice to be here.

Thanks for the link to your solution. I'll give it a go later today

6. JET
    jet Win User
    Your solution worked like a charm.*chuckle By browsing windows forums(here, window7) I've discovered you're quite a registry hack authority.*Cool
    Thanks again Brink. Next I am going to tackle the THIS PC items so my navigation pane don't look like a long cash register receipt.*Mad I've located your solution for that as well.*Wink

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Jet. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer - Similar Threads - Disable Zip File

2. What zip compression methods are used by Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What zip compression methods are used by Windows File Explorer?: Hello,I am working for an organization that will be archiving extensive amounts of data for long-term storage. We rely on Windows File Explorer to compress and create zip files of our publications. For our archiving work, we want to follow the ISO standard for Document...
  3. What zip compression methods are used by Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What zip compression methods are used by Windows File Explorer?: Hello,I am working for an organization that will be archiving extensive amounts of data for long-term storage. We rely on Windows File Explorer to compress and create zip files of our publications. For our archiving work, we want to follow the ISO standard for Document...
  4. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  5. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  6. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?: at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows 11 home. Apps for business OneDrive....
  7. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?: at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows 11 home. Apps for business OneDrive....
  8. Folder made with shortcut too slow rar, zip compressed files slowing down the file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder made with shortcut too slow rar, zip compressed files slowing down the file explorer: Hello!I switched to windows 11 with fresh install around 1-2 month ago. I have two major problem with it.I asked these questions because unfortunately I couldn't find any solution on the internet. My bugs are the followings:1.I always like to make folder with shortcut, it's...
  9. File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder: Hi, File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder is no longer working on my surface which has windows 10. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-send-to-compressed-zipped-folder/ac0b441c-bb10-4f4e-91b9-3e0876439133
  10. Compressed zipped Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compressed zipped Folders: The popup shoes please insert the last Buddhist all the multi-volume set and click okay to continue I have tried looking online to find a solution for this problem but have not been able to I am using Microsoft Windows 10 home to pop up every time I open up Explorer this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disable built-in zip