Windows 10: DisableAntiSpyware vs DisableAntiVirus Values??

Discus and support DisableAntiSpyware vs DisableAntiVirus Values?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does anyone know what the difference is between the DisableAntiSpyware vs DisableAntiVirus values for Windows 10 Defender? I know that in the past you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MisterX, Oct 20, 2016.

1. MisterX Win User

DisableAntiSpyware vs DisableAntiVirus Values??

Does anyone know what the difference is between the DisableAntiSpyware vs DisableAntiVirus values for Windows 10 Defender? I know that in the past you only needed to set the "DisableAntiSpyware = 1" value in order to disable Windows Defender. But now I'm seeing this "DisableAntiVirus" value as well but I can't seem to figure out what the difference is between the two. I've tried using each value one at a time but they both seem to disable Win10 Defender but knowing all the bullshit M$ has been up to these days, I'm sure there is a reason why there are two separate values. So just looking for a little clarification.

Just to be clear, these value are located in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender]

Thanks in advance!

:)

MisterX, Oct 20, 2016

2. Cannot enable Windows Defender in Windows 10

Hi,

I am getting same error 577 and I have tried to change the value data of DisableAntivirus as well as AntiSpyware from 1 to 0 but I am getting an error. It says that "Cannot edit DisableAntiSpyware: Error writing the value's new contents." Same error for
    DisableAntivirus also.

Please let me know, How can I solve this? I want windows defender to run.

Need help.

Thanks in advance.

Arpit

ArpitPatel2989, Oct 20, 2016
  3. decombs21 Win User
    malware attack closed down Windows Defender

Sadly, no, it didn't solve anything.

When I checked the keys you directed me to, Microsoft\Windows Defender was already checked to # 1 and the key was not present in the other, there was no key DisableAntiVirus to modify.

The Policies key did not have DisableAntiSpyware or DisableAntiVirus.

I did find Gandolph's W10PE disc that can erase windows if I need to.

I have scanned this machine with Malwarebytes and it doesn't find any malware. I would check for viruses but Defender is down and Win10 won't let me install Security Essentials.

Sigh.

decombs21, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

While spyware and virus are both malware the line between them have been somewhat blurred. Spyware is more concerned with staying hidden and Viruses are more interested in propagating between systems, so I would image that one switch disables some detection logic and the other the same but for Viruses. If you want to disable WD you can simply go into services.ms and disable the service. If however you have no other malware protection I'd suggest leaving WD enabled.

Neemobeer, Oct 20, 2016
  5. Previously AV and AS engines were separate as you can see here: Policy settings and registry keys.

Over the time, we started to call all nasties malware, that is why when you install AV, you also have Antispyware protection enabled, it is not separate. In a few years, all products will be properly named antimalware.

DisableAntiSpyware is used by default, when you disable WD through its interface, DisableAntiVirus is being kept for legacy purposes. Windows security center is slowly shifting the name of spyware protection to PUP only.

TairikuOkami, Oct 20, 2016
  6. MisterX Win User
    Interesting, Thanks for that link and reply.

Upon further testing, I can't find that the DisableAntiVirus key does anything at all! DisableAntiSpyware=1 definitely disables WD, but as far as the DisableAntiVirus key goes, I cannot figure out what it's purpose is for. I know you said something about it being used for "legacy purposes" but I can't ever recall a time when DisableAntiVirus was used in the past. Do you have any specific situations when that key is used?

MisterX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DisableAntiSpyware vs DisableAntiVirus Values?? - Similar Threads - DisableAntiSpyware DisableAntiVirus Values

2. Memory Value vs Percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Value vs Percentage: In Task Manager, it appears that I am using 1.5 gigabytes of RAM. My computer has 8 gigabytes of RAM, and I'm pretty sure 1.5 GB of RAM isn't 84% of 8 GB. Anybody know why this is or if some hidden programs are using a whole bunch of RAM? Thank you in advance!...
  3. Memory Value vs Percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Value vs Percentage: In Task Manager, it appears that I am using 1.5 gigabytes of RAM. My computer has 8 gigabytes of RAM, and I'm pretty sure 1.5 GB of RAM isn't 84% of 8 GB. Anybody know why this is or if some hidden programs are using a whole bunch of RAM? Thank you in advance!...
  4. package vs application vs executable vs binary

package vs application vs executable vs binary: what is package, application, executable, binary? and what are the difference?Thanks,Mahendran. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/package-vs-application-vs-executable-vs-binary/5103d217-61af-4be5-bdbb-116537ab2b6e
  5. Performance monitor counter values VS System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextValue C#

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance monitor counter values VS System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextValue C#: Hi,I'm collecting data using System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter in a C# program. I made a test where I compared values from performance monitor with the one I got from my program. I can see the values look shifted. For example I put a screenshot hereafter,I can't figure if...
  6. Performance monitor counter values VS System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextValue C#

Performance monitor counter values VS System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextValue C#: Hi,I'm collecting data using System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter in a C# program. I made a test where I compared values from performance monitor with the one I got from my program. I can see the values look shifted. For example I put a screenshot hereafter,I can't figure if...
  7. Performance monitor counter values VS System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.NextValue C#

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. can't enable windows firewall on services.msc . And my pc is not having DisableAntiSpyware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't enable windows firewall on services.msc . And my pc is not having DisableAntiSpyware: can't enable windows firewall on services.msc . And my pc is not having DisableAntiSpyware [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-windows-firewall-on-servicesmsc-and-my/10c8d384-f1f0-4ee4-a861-938065daedb1
  9. I really want to disable this forever. DisableAntiSpyware 0 is not working, tried...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I really want to disable this forever. DisableAntiSpyware 0 is not working, tried...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Vierone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1on6o/i_really_want_to_disable_this_forever/
  10. DisableAntiSpyware is removed after a reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DisableAntiSpyware is removed after a reboot: So I put DisableAntiSpyware (DWORD) on value 1 in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender and after the reboot, it disappears. Tamper protection is also off and the Windows 10 OS Build is 18363.778 submitted by /u/Armyw0w [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. レジストリ DisableAntiSpyware DisableAntiVirus

2. disableantispyare regedit