Windows 10: Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

Discus and support Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, a while back I had a problem on the Windows 10 Home Edition where it would not let me change my lock screen. Since I didn't have the pro edition, I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Luke Herbertson, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

So, a while back I had a problem on the Windows 10 Home Edition where it would not let me change my lock screen. Since I didn't have the pro edition, I couldn't change the policy in the registry editor because of a lack of one, so I transferred all my files to a local account. I then had the problem of programs asking me to enter my admin password every time I wanted to access certain protected programs, so I disabled the admin password so this would no longer happen. I then deleted the account which was considered the program and went on with my normal business on my PC.
    Later, I restarted my PC, and when I went to login, it said my password was incorrect for my local account. I then went into my boot options, opened command prompt in safe mode and changed my admin password. I then restarted my PC and now I don't even have the option to login at all, coming up with the error message "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator." Now many people have encountered this problem and it is usually fixed by holding shift and pressing restart to access boot options, but I cannot do this. Every time I press OK to go back to the lock screen, it instantly goes back to the administrator message, meaning I can't boot anything. I planned on doing a complete reinstall of Windows 10 using a bootable usb iso, but since I can't boot it, this isn't possible, unless I'm missing something such as a key allowing me to launch the boot options from launch, although I've tried keys such as f8 to no avail.

Help would be much appreciated.
    Luke

:)

Luke Herbertson, Dec 3, 2015

2. Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

Thanks for the reply.

Everytime I try to do this, I can't access the troubleshoot option, because it wants me to login as administrator before I can do anything. Since the password/account is disabled, this isn't possible, so I can't do anything from the recovery environment.

3. Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

Hi Luke,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to enable built-in administrator account using command prompt from Windows recovery environment and check if it helps.

Since you are unable to go to login screen, you may boot into
    Windows recovery environment to access command prompt using an Windows 10 ISO and media creation tool. I suggest you to download an ISO using some other system and then follow the below steps.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

Download Windows 10

a. If you have installation media for Windows, start (or boot) your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to "Press any key to
    boot from DVD
    ", do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB. When you see the "Install Windows" page, click "Repair
    your computer
    " to start the Windows recovery environment.

b. In the Windows recovery environment, on the "Choose an option" screen, click "Troubleshoot".

c. Click "Advanced options" and then click "Command Prompt".

d. In command prompt, type the following command and press Enter.

net user administrator /active: yes

After enabling built-in administrator account, you may logon and enable the account which is not working.

You may later disable built-in administrator account. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

net user administrator /active: no

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

Just tried to fix it by entering the Windows recovery environment, but it wants me to login to the administrator account before I can do anything. Since my account is disabled, doing anything there doesn't seem possible.

5. Going to sleep, will read again in the morning

6. Rocky Win User
    Can you go into your BIOS and change your boot order and then load a USB or DVD copy of Windows 10 and then do a clean install?

Good luck with this because I have experienced similar bad scenarios and it is frustrating.

Rocky, Dec 3, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    .............. I planned on doing a complete reinstall of Windows 10 using a bootable usb iso, but since I can't boot it, this isn't possible...............

I am afraid you do not have much of a choice.
    Find someone who will let you use his/her computer > download the ISO from the links below > burn it to a bootable media.

ISO download from Media Creation Tool link
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

ISO download from Tech Bench link
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

davidhk, Dec 3, 2015
  8. Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

nigelmercier, Dec 3, 2015
  9. Ive got the ISO and I've tried believe me, but the problem is, since I can't shift click the restart button to reach the boot options since its not even letting me access it, I can't reach the boot options to boot the usb.

10. So, I've gone through the trouble of booting my ISO USB from the BIOS and I'm going to do a clean install, which should fix my problems. Got no files I need so I don't mind, sort of...

11. KIM
    kim Win User
    Hi Luke! Boot your computer from Windows 10 installation DVD (or USB) and you can add a new admin account, by following this article:
    Reset Forgotten Windows 10 Password without Reset Disk

After logging back into Windows, you can reactivate the original administrator account.

Thema:

Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

1. Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer - Similar Threads - Disabled admin password

2. can no longer access router admin page from certain pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can no longer access router admin page from certain pc: i can't access my router login page from any browser after installing iis a few months ago, typing 192.168.1.1 would take me to the iis page only. after uninstalling iis i still can't access the admin page site can't be reached. the router admin page can be access perfectly...
  3. How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?: Hi, I have an issue regarding windows 10 log in. My family member uses a Lenovo laptop, and she has always used the same password as always. Now she says her password isn't working. Yes, I've tried using the password with big letters and small etc, changed the keyboard layout...
  4. How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?: Hi, I have an issue regarding windows 10 log in. My family member uses a Lenovo laptop, and she has always used the same password as always. Now she says her password isn't working. Yes, I've tried using the password with big letters and small etc, changed the keyboard layout...
  5. How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre: I created an account with Microsoft and got the basic business plan. Was trying to set up the users and domain settings and it automatically logged me out. Now I can only access a users account I created but not the admin account....
  7. Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre: I created an account with Microsoft and got the basic business plan. Was trying to set up the users and domain settings and it automatically logged me out. Now I can only access a users account I created but not the admin account....
  8. Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. No longer admin after trying to disable log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No longer admin after trying to disable log in: [ATTACH] After finally reformatting after a couple years, which I hold off too long because what a pain it is redoing everything, I wanted to disable the log in screen on startup. I had used the steps in this youtube tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXQ7Aj5uBe4...
  10. No longer access to admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No longer access to admin account: I am the sole user of this pc but can no longer get full access to the Powershell or upgrade my current admin status to change user options. Also File Explorer does not function correctly eg It will not let me rename any directory and instead just closes itself....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account has been disabled and i can no longer gain access to computer