Windows 10: Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros

Discus and support Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK. Not sure it will accomplish anything but, I wonder if it's possible, if you were to simply upgrade (running setup.exe on the iso) would the working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by razrh, Dec 8, 2015.

1. razrh Win User

Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros

I haven't tried that. But was thinking to do so. I'll let you know what happens.

razrh, Dec 12, 2015
  2. dalchina New Member

You could try reverting to the driver that worked formerly, assuming there's no other settings or configuration issue, and then protect it from being updated if it works.

dalchina, Dec 12, 2015
  3. razrh Win User
    Wordman no luck bro. Its still the same. Maybe windows 10's not for me.

razrh, Dec 12, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

This method often works

1) in Settings switch WI-FI OFF
    2) in control panel (still works !! --right mouse click on start button -->hardware--devices--network_adapters -- select DISABLE.
    3) (Optional step but it's better to do it) - re-boot computer
    4) Back to control panel now RE-ENABLE the wifi adapter
    5) back to settings - set wifi switch to ON

Now you should see a list of local Wi-Fi networks including yours
    6) Connect.

Ensure also you haven't got anything near your laptop which could interfere with Wifi signal such as microwave ovens, TV senders etc etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 12, 2015
  5. ScottMDC Win User
    I have used this method to restore my laptop wifi, but this is a workaround, not a fix for an obvious software glitch. THree times in 12 hours since upgrading to Win10...the problem is not the laptop but the OS. 'restart' to restore wifi, that was working fine five minutes ago, is not a solution to an obviously known bug.

I've read the stuff about VPNs, never had anything like it installed on my laptop. Seems like a lot of hot air and not a lot of fixes to a known and well reported problem.

ScottMDC, Dec 12, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    When the Wifi goes off, have you checked the two relevant settings in the action centre? Just curious, as obviously that's a new feature in Win 10.

dalchina, Dec 12, 2015
  7. razrh Win User
    Exactly. No matter what we do the problem remains. *Sad nd disabling an reenabling doesn't help. Its a major bug. Specially happening with the atheros 9000 series cards.

Reverted back to windows 8.1 & wifi works really good.

razrh, Dec 14, 2015
  8. razrh Win User

Has the problem been solved bro?

razrh, Dec 25, 2015
  9. razrh Win User
    Resetting the BIOS by removing the RTC battery from the motherboard did the trick! *Biggrin

razrh, Jan 8, 2016
  10. Word Man Win User
    That's really strange although I'm glad it worked out for you. Do you think it was because you had tweaked BIOS settings in some obscure way and setting back to on-chip defaults resolved it? Hope this is a lasting solution.

Word Man, Jan 8, 2016
  11. taochris Win User
    I have nearly the same environment (Win 7 WiFi working, then Win 10 Upgrade) and exactly the same problem as mentioned in post #10 (my Atheros WiFi couldn't get switched on even after I had followed all proposed procedures).
    Inspired by post #22, I loaded the BIOS Setup Defaults (via BIOS menu), restarted the laptop, and the Atheros WiFi switched itself on and even reconnected to its prior (my Win 7 configured) WLAN router - all by itself!
    Big thanks for your work!!

taochris, Sep 14, 2016
  12. Clean install of Windows 10 Home and the OS could not turn on the AR9285. Resetting the bios to default settings cured this.

SabianTama, Apr 11, 2017
  13. yuljk Win User

Exactly the same issue here, however I'm running a Broadcom 440x ethernet adapter. Any ideas as to which BIOS setting is changed that resolves the issue?

Many thanks

yuljk, Apr 12, 2017
  14. Galane Win User
    Apparently there is no properly working Windows 10 driver for the Atheros AR9285. I put one in my Dell Latitude E6530 and it worked fine. Then came the Creators Update and it still worked fine.

But some update since has *broken it* to where most of the time it cannot see any WiFi connections available. Running the troubleshooter will "fix" it and it can connect, but only for about 30 seconds. Then it goes back to ignoring all WiFi connections.

NONE of the fixes have done a thing to make it work. MICROSOFT has yet again done something which has caused problems with many WiFi and Ethernet adaptors with Windows 10.

Why do they keep doing this!?

Galane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros - Similar Threads - Disabled wifi qualcomm

2. Qualcomm Atheros PCie PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm Atheros PCie PROBLEM: Qualcomm Atheros PCie ethernet controller V2.1.1.5 error message can anyone help please? My Windows is version 2004 OS Build 19041.450 Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qualcomm-atheros-pcie-problem/e8694cbf-2a00-4a48-b816-bb9716563f46
  3. Qualcomm Atheros PCie PROBLEM

Qualcomm Atheros PCie PROBLEM: Qualcomm Atheros PCie ethernet controller V2.1.1.5 error message can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qualcomm-atheros-pcie-problem/487c1132-aaf3-41b8-b127-2cc8db0d196b
  4. Qualcomm Atheros Communications - Bluetooth Controller - Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth 3.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm Atheros Communications - Bluetooth Controller - Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth 3.0: I'm facing Bluetooth Problem with my PC after upgrade to Windows 10 version 1709. I Installed latest Driver and update as i read but still facing problem, my driver Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth 3.0 is updated to 10.0.3.18 version. is there any other update or another...
  5. qualcomm atheros ar956x wifi adapter problems

qualcomm atheros ar956x wifi adapter problems: Hello! I Have an Asus VivoBook Max X541NA laptop and I've been having problems with the network adapter for a long time now. At first, it was only losing connection once in a while but then soon after it started failing a minute after getting it working again. I swear I...
  6. Qualcomm Atheros Disapperance; can't connect with wifi

Qualcomm Atheros Disapperance; can't connect with wifi: My Qualcomm Atheros driver disappeared once again from my ASUS X507U. Last time it happened was last night and it happened tonight around 7pm. I tried reinstalling the Qualcomm driver that was recommended to me in my previous post but now, it doesn't work....
  7. Qualcomm Atheros wifi adapter not working

Qualcomm Atheros wifi adapter not working: So for a couple of weeks now the wifi adapter on my computer has been unavailable ( it keeps saying code 10) so I tried to update it to the 2017 version 10.0.3.456 but it still says code 10 and that device pci\ven_168c&dev_0032&subsys_11861a3b&rev_01\4&ae05e7f&0&00e3 had a...
  8. Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a not working

Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a not working: Hello, I've come to the conclusion that this driver is helpless. My problem that's been currently happening for the past 6 months is the fact that whenever I play time consuming games with big player queue's for example, rust. Disconnecting then having to wait 4 hours to get...
  9. Qualcomm atheros qca9565 no wifi!!! Urgent help needed.

Qualcomm atheros qca9565 no wifi!!! Urgent help needed.: After clean installation and installing all the proper drivers no matter what I do, I CANNOT TURN MY WIFI ON!!! Please I need urgent help! I just don't know what the problem is! I've tried the vpn solution, tried upgrading from windows 7 and 8.1 both. Nothing works....
  10. Qualcomm Atheros Drivers?

Qualcomm Atheros Drivers?: Hi, Is there a new network adapter for windows 10 that is Qualcomm Atheros? I have the version AR9485 and I think the version was 10.0.0.132. The reason I am saying this is because my Wifi does not work (only on my Asus computer.) I am sending this from my phone. When I...