Windows 10: Disabling Intel Graphics

Discus and support Disabling Intel Graphics in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm thinking of disabling intel graphics permanently as it is interfering with my nvidia card, and causing various games to crash or be unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Tragik, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Tragik Win User

Disabling Intel Graphics

I'm thinking of disabling intel graphics permanently as it is interfering with my nvidia card, and causing various games to crash or be unable to startup at all. Are there any negative consequences to disabling intel permanently? using i3

:)

Tragik, Aug 26, 2017
  2. *Southie* Win User

CREATORS KEEPS KICKING NVIDIA GRAPHIC DRIVERS

I have my System set for:

Dual Monitors

nVIDIA Graphics

SLI

(3-D is unused and isn't activating)

NEVER EVER HAD ISSUES WITH GRAPHICS UNTIL THIS WORSE VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 - CREATOR'S MANIFESTED!

intel Graphics is:

Disabled in BIOS

Disabled in Services

Disabled in Drivers

Disabled everywhere - even in Registry Editor

I GIVE UP! I LOATHE INTEL GRAPHICS....

Of note, I have all latest drivers, GeFORCE... it did this in the beginning (after installation) then quit; and once again restarting

where I'm down to ONE MONITOR and running on INTEL - in SERVICES ---> ALL NVIDIA IS RUNNING THERE IS NO INTEL GRAPHICS

EVEN RUNNING ANYWHERE!

*Southie*, Aug 26, 2017
  3. opulgar Win User
    Can't remove a Keyboard layout in Windows 10

if you have a PC with intel graphics, try to disable the hot keys from the intel graphics control panel and reboot. It works for me.

opulgar, Aug 26, 2017
  4. Disabling Intel Graphics

Are you using a desktop? A prebuilt? Most pre-built desktops does not have the option of disabling onboard graphics in the BIOS.

RoasterMen, Aug 26, 2017
  5. Tragik Win User
    Yes I'm using a pre-built desktop. But there are options to disable Intel and Nvidia. Done it numerous times already. I'm just wondering if there are side effects to disabling Intel permanently

Tragik, Aug 26, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    You should, you only need the Nvidia card and having the Intel enabled may interfere with it. The Intel graphics wont be utilised anyway as long as you have the Nvidia card plugged in.

swarfega, Aug 26, 2017
  7. Desktops nowadays have the capability of switching GPUs, just like what a laptop does.

You will be fine using only the dedicated GPU.

RoasterMen, Aug 26, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

Disabling Intel Graphics

Thanks for the update, I wasn't aware of that.

swarfega, Aug 26, 2017
  9. Tragik Win User
    Alright, I guess I will disable intel graphics for now and see how the computer runs. Thanks for the help guys

Tragik, Aug 26, 2017
  10. Helmut Win User
    You can't actually disable it permanently, only disable/enable.

The UEFI in mine has options for
    Primary display [auto]: Auto/iGFX/PEG/PCIE
    iGPU Multi-Monitor [disabled]: Enable/Disable.
    In the first one the only difference from Auto to iGFX or PCIE is manual selection or auto.
    Your UEFI/BIOS may have differences.

What I would say is keep the iGPU working anyway, even if you disable it. Auto-rejection is not a good idea you may need the iGPU in certain circumstances.

"Desktops nowadays have the capability of switching GPUs, just like what a laptop does."
    Most Laptops with iGPU and Nvidia Graphics use Optimus switching, so do some of those slim AIO desktops which actually use Laptop type boards inside.
    However, it's not the same, as with an Optimus Laptop the output is common to both graphics chipsets.

In Desktops the video output is entirely separate for each graphics chipset.
    If you want to know the technicalities look it up. Not actually relevant to the poster.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disabling Intel Graphics

1. Disabling Intel Graphics - Similar Threads - Disabling Intel Graphics

2. intel graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel graphics drivers: why did updating my intel graphics driver cause my game to freeze and crash? how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-graphics-drivers/55e0356e-a2a4-4eb2-b4a7-ff1d80810055
  3. intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intel hd graphics: I'm trying to update my intel hd graphics 500 but when i go to intel driver assistant it said that my pc has customized manufacturer..im on 2016 version of intel hd graphics i really wanted to update to the latest version....
  4. Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Graphics: After having a blank screen on start up occasionally I decided to uninstall the display driver in Device manager. I shutdown and rebooted and it reinstalled itself and everything seemed ok. I have noticed now that my Intel HD graphic app which I use for setting display...
  5. Disabled intel graphics and now screen is black.

Disabled intel graphics and now screen is black.: So my minecraft shaders refused to load, so i got to the place where you disable and enable drivers and i thought, well if i disable intel graphics it will be forced to go to the geforce graphics card. So i disabled the intel graphics and then my monitor went black and now...
  6. Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Graphics: What version of the Intel Graphics are in Dell XPS computers? the website is not clear, I am not a gamer but I want it to play 4K video 155654
  7. Can i completly disable Intel HD Graphics?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can i completly disable Intel HD Graphics?: When i open the task manager at performence i see this GPU 0 who is Intel HD Graphics I prefer to disable it and use my dedicated video card who in this moment is an GTX 660[ATTACH]...
  8. Intel Hd Graphics downgraded to Regular Intel Graphics

Intel Hd Graphics downgraded to Regular Intel Graphics: Hello, I formated my computer and before that under (DeviceManager>Display Adapter) i had Intel HD Graphics with that I was able to play 3D rendered games like Minecart but When I formatted my Laptop the Display adapter changed to "Intel Family Chipset" I can't play...
  9. intel graphic driver

intel graphic driver: On 6/8/10 installed new feature update, the next day my red colors were pink. I checked Intel control panel and checked color settings to find green was green, blue was blue, but red was pink. I checked device manager and check Intel(R) HD graphics family and it noted...
  10. Intel Control Center, Intel Graphic, Intel.......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Control Center, Intel Graphic, Intel.......: Dont know how intel control center got into my computer 06/07/18. Can uninstall it??? Or there is a reason why intel with the little R is in my computer? Thanks....