Windows 10: Disabling lockscreen with 14393

Discus and support Disabling lockscreen with 14393 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It seems MS have removed the ability to disable the lockscreen using a registry edit. On my tablet, I now have to swipe screen to get to login prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cereberus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Disabling lockscreen with 14393

It seems MS have removed the ability to disable the lockscreen using a registry edit. On my tablet, I now have to swipe screen to get to login prompt and after sleep.

If you set it to autologin using netplwiz or similar, it does not need to swiped at login, only after sleep.

Interesting on my laptop, it still works fine.

I can only assume this change is designed so they can advertise on lockscreen in time like the annoying Kindle Fire 7 Lockscreen (although I have disabled the ads).

:)

cereberus, Jul 28, 2016

2. windows 10 ver 1607

I cannot disable the lockscreen with regedit?

CarlBenanty, Jul 28, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

Disabling lockscreen with 14393

1. Disabling lockscreen with 14393 - Similar Threads - Disabling lockscreen 14393

2. how to disable the lockscreen spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable the lockscreen spotlight: i wnat to customize my window locksceen.but i can't access my lockscreen settings.so please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lockscreen-spotlight/8c31abea-b204-487f-9705-2e5e0747a2fa
  3. how to disable the lockscreen spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable the lockscreen spotlight: i wnat to customize my window locksceen.but i can't access my lockscreen settings.so please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lockscreen-spotlight/8c31abea-b204-487f-9705-2e5e0747a2fa
  4. How to disable transparency only for lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable transparency only for lockscreen?: Hello, is there any where to disable transparency only for lockscreen? I like transparency in Windows itself, but I don't like how lockscreen picture gets blured when I type my pin to unlock the system. Maybe there's some way in regedit to disable transparency only for...
  5. How to disable transparency only for lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable transparency only for lockscreen?: Hello, is there any where to disable transparency only for lockscreen? I like transparency in Windows itself, but I don't like how lockscreen picture gets blured when I type my pin to unlock the system. Maybe there's some way in regedit to disable transparency only for...
  6. Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight: submitted by /u/ILeftMyRoomForThis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igqfmf/changing_lockscreen_disabling_spotlight/
  7. How to disable lockscreen and password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable lockscreen and password?: I tried the ntplwiz method, it didn't work. submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6zc0i/how_to_disable_lockscreen_and_password/
  8. disable lockscreen password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disable lockscreen password: There used to be a setting to turn off password on lock screen. It is no longer available. Why? And how do I disable that password? It is annoying and not needed for my use. Dan...
  9. Disable BackGround On Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable BackGround On Lockscreen: Hello, I'd like to know how to disable background on Lockscreen after startup (When we input user name and password) ? Thanks. 89873
  10. how to disable LockScreen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable LockScreen?: Can anyone tell me how to disable LockScreen? - I would like completely erase the lock screen. Neither the GPEdit, nor the regedit trick worked properly: "Do not display the lock screen" is "Enabled", but the lock screen keeps appearing at start. Thanks. 5075