Windows 10: Disabling of Cortana Causes Multiple Event Errors

Discus and support Disabling of Cortana Causes Multiple Event Errors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have disabled Cortana through a Group Policy settings and now I have multiple errors showing up in the Event Viewer. They read as follows:-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ricstix, Apr 4, 2017.

1. ricstix Win User

Disabling of Cortana Causes Multiple Event Errors

I have disabled Cortana through a Group Policy settings and now I have multiple errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

They read as follows:-

Unable to start a DCOM Server: CortanaUI as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "2"
    Happened while starting this command:
    "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe" -ServerName:CortanaUI.AppXa50dqqa5gqv4a428c9y1jjw7m3btvepj.mca

Code: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [ Guid] {1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E} [ EventSourceName] DCOM - EventID 10001 [ Qualifiers] 0 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8080000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2017-04-04T23:33:05.546980700Z EventRecordID 9281 Correlation - Execution [ ProcessID] 1016 [ ThreadID] 432 Channel System Computer HP-Elite - Security [ UserID] S-1-5-21-1161607634-2930483291-860018258-1001 - EventData param1 "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe" -ServerName:CortanaUI.AppXa50dqqa5gqv4a428c9y1jjw7m3btvepj.mca param2 2 param3 CortanaUI param4 Unavailable param5 Unavailable [/quote] Does anyone have any idea how to stop these Errors whilst still keeping Cortana disabled?

:)

ricstix, Apr 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 update causes critical errors disabling start menu

Windows 10 has been nothing but a headache. Every time widows updates the start menu fails and causes a critical error requiring a sign off. I have had to recover my computer three times since windows 10 install. This is ridiculous. Microsoft certainly
    has been no help.

willstocka, Apr 4, 2017
  3. trbogt Win User
    Windows 10 update causes critical errors disabling start menu

Quote>

This is ridiculous

Maybe...but Me being an Insider since March...I have seen how Windows 10 has progressed ...I don't know your particular sqaubYou can get

Windows 10 download here

You can start over

this is a project....

My Brother and wife Updated from Windows 7 and they are happy...so I guess some are lucky

You can also do the
    Windows 10 upgrade here

couple different options

please let us know if any of this helps...

keep on experimenting.*john

trbogt, Apr 4, 2017
Thema:

Disabling of Cortana Causes Multiple Event Errors

1. Disabling of Cortana Causes Multiple Event Errors - Similar Threads - Disabling Cortana Causes

2. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: Unless Microsoft can provide the kind of user interface that enables folks to STOP Cortana and STOP updating Defaults, it will be the last time I purchase a system with Windows; I will move to the superior OSes of some version of Linux. You folks should be ashamed and you...
  3. Disable Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana. I have unchecked everything in settings but the darn thing carries on to interrupt! Win 10 Home version 1903. Simple and detailed instructions please. 161565
  4. Multiple System errors in the event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple System errors in the event viewer: I have an HP Pavilion Laptop. I usually use it for schoolwork and mild gaming. Since schools are closed because of the coronavirus outbreak I only use it for entertainment I mainly play league of legends, watch movies and listen to music The problem kicked in two weeks ago...
  5. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how can I disable cortana completely when I play a game it pops up in task manager and takes a little cpu and it hangs my game a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/d7fd4128-6c0d-438c-a556-34ca7b7c38ed
  6. Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer

Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer: hi! I have tried to assign all the permissions as I read online and I still couldn't fix the DCOM errors which is making my machine reboot multiple times everyday. I am also attaching the log from event viewer below. Please help! this is extremely irritating. Log Name:...
  7. Multiple Application Errors (Event 1000) in Event Viewer

Multiple Application Errors (Event 1000) in Event Viewer: Hi. I have noticed that during the long duration my PC is on (18 hours), several apps keep getting crash. Even after I restart these apps, they will eventually crash. PC is still functioning. The apps that are crashing are: Asus AI Suite 2 (I use it for fan control)...
  8. Disable Cortana??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Cortana??: How do you disable this?? I used a registry hack but still no good. I want to be able to search without this This is after the new 1607 update. 58467
  9. Multiple error messages in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Multiple error messages in Event Viewer: I fnd that I have the same error message appearing at about 10 second intervals (on one occasion over 21000 were logged). Details below: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 22/01/2016 15:32:30 Event ID: 490 Task Category: (1) Level: Error Keywords: Classic...
  10. Cortana and DCOM Error Event 10016

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cortana and DCOM Error Event 10016: My PC was giving many DCOM error 10016 involving Cortana as follows: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CortanaUI as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:2

2. disabled cortana causing event viewer error