Windows 10: Disabling On-board Graphics Card (igdkmd64.sys)

Discus and support Disabling On-board Graphics Card (igdkmd64.sys) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've been having some issues with BSOD's occurring over the last couple of days which consistently print out a specific message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MSAU, Nov 17, 2016.

1. MSAU Win User

Disabling On-board Graphics Card (igdkmd64.sys)

I've been having some issues with BSOD's occurring over the last couple of days which consistently print out a specific message "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys" which from what I understand is somehow related to my default display adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics 530.

I've attempted doing updates, rollbacks, re-installations, etc and nothing has worked. Is there some way I can simply disable that specific card and allocate my dedicated graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M as the only running video card?

I did try the simple process of going into Device Manager and disabling my 530 but it caused some weird resolution glitches.

Is there a proper way I can disable my 530 in an attempt to see if it stops these random crashes from occurring again, and if so can someone please give me instructions on how I can do that.

Cheers.

:)

2. XP ROCKS. Win User

BugCheck Event ID: 1001 BSOD

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys

Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+2c1371 )

This was caused by your Intel Graphics driver.

fffff806`83910000 fffff806`83f58000 igdkmd64 (no symbols)

Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys

Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys

Image name: igdkmd64.sys

Browse all global symbols functions data

Timestamp: Mon Aug 24 16:32:07 2015 (55DB7F47)

Update your BIOS, and Intel Graphics driver.

https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/663/0/17/eP8rIrfx9HIo1LoL/CPUDRIVER_X555UA/45/

XP ROCKS., Nov 17, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    PC Starts Hanging and Crashes Randomly (Error Message in Post)

The minidump file showed a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) stop error caused by the igdkmd64.sys:

BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, fffff8004e7a7540, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys

Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+1ca19c
    )

As the igdkmd64.sys is the Intel graphics driver hopefully updating the driver will help.

You may also want to updated the NVIDIA graphics driver if you have not already:

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

auggy, Nov 17, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

You need to disable the on board graphics card in bios.

swarfega, Nov 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Disabling On-board Graphics Card (igdkmd64.sys) - Similar Threads - Disabling board Graphics

2. igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    igdkmd64.sys: In the last 4 weeks, my computer has crashed on the following issue igdkmd64.sys. Ptoblem is the device will not boot up, so i cant get in, even on safe mode to rollback the driver. Recovery doesnt work, reloading windows 10 doesnt work. How do i fix this, and more...
  3. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys: While launching a game, it freezes up (And a second of the audio loops), then an another second loops, then it gives me this squished blue screen, the error it gives me is "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys" This PC was bought from a pawn shop nearby me, for about ~200 US...
  4. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE: I've been experiencing random crashes on my computer over the last couple of weeks, I believe it has something to do with my graphics card drivers (igdkmd64.sys) but the update/rollback attempts didn't help nor did completely uninstalling and reinstalling the newest drivers....
  5. BSOD error igdkmd64.sys (5109aeb3)

BSOD error igdkmd64.sys (5109aeb3): Hello, please help me to solve this problem. DM Log Collector below 74093
  6. BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I've been getting BSODs regularly while gaming since I upgraded to Windows 10. The error is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). I'm using Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics chipset and I've already updated the drivers to the latest from the Intel site. Searching around the...
  7. BSODs and hangs to do with igdkmd64.sys

BSODs and hangs to do with igdkmd64.sys: Hi, I've recently been struggling with hangs on my laptop. Using driver verifier as a guide, I disabled Intel Smart Connect (uninstalled and blocked updates) and uninstalled Realtek High Definition Audio (downgraded to the default Microsoft driver). I have also rolled back...
  8. BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): Hi there. I have a BSOD screen when I play a game 20-30 minutes . The error is : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). Before installing W10 i could play games as Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, Minecraft and League of Legends at their full power without interrupting. And...
  9. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...
  10. system_thread_exception_not_handled: what failed: igdkmd64.sys

system_thread_exception_not_handled: what failed: igdkmd64.sys: Dell Optiplex790 USFF desktop with onboard Intel graphics, Win 10. In the last week a BSOD has randomly popped up about several times when I've been using FireFox. No game playing. In last case I was simply composing a post on a forum The system reboots and "fixes" itself,...
Tags: