Windows 10: Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working

Discus and support Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I followed this guide and rebooted but I still get the login screen where I have to enter a password before logging in to Windows 10. why? 8769 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vizionblind, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working

I followed this guide and rebooted but I still get the login screen where I have to enter a password before logging in to Windows 10. why?

:)

Vizionblind, Jul 22, 2015

2. Disable the Lock screen in Windows 10.

I did this procedure and it worked for bootup but not for the lock screen. How do you disable password requirement when the computer times out and locks the screen?

Tom Bishop_744, Jul 22, 2015
  3. Dushan_N Win User
    Windows 10 Pro- setting disable lock screen does not disable the lock screen

Had the same issue, found a solution on an old CNET article that has been updated a week ago (after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update).

Here's the article:

How to disable the Windows 10 lock screen

And just follow the section: Option 2: Disable the non-bootup lock screen.

Hope it helps! Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working :) Worked for me.

Dushan_N, Jul 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working

Hello Vizionblind,

If you mean the tutorial below, then double check and redo OPTION ONE in case you may have made a mistake the first time. This will only automatically sign you in to your account at startup though.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Hope this helps for now, *Smile
    Shawn

Brink, Jul 22, 2015
Thema:

Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working

1. Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working - Similar Threads - Disabling password screen

2. login password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password disable: how to disable login password? already try "netplwiz", not working, still ask me to login to my Microsoft account running the latest windows version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password-disable/8e422b4a-2976-44d0-9fd4-204e22a66949
  3. How to Bootup to Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Bootup to Login Screen: Hello, Re: Dell Inspiron 3670, Intel Core, i5. Windows Home 10, 1803 First, my computer takes almost 2 minutes to bootup. During the bootup process first it goes to the Dell logo screen then to the login screen. Is there anything I can do to make my computer bootup to...
  4. disable lockscreen password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disable lockscreen password: There used to be a setting to turn off password on lock screen. It is no longer available. Why? And how do I disable that password? It is annoying and not needed for my use. Dan...
  5. Password....How To Disable ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password....How To Disable ?: O.k.......Just got the Mrs. a Lenovo laptop, Windows 10 installed........whilst setting it up, I mistakenly set it to require a password on start up......tried everything to get rid of this password from the start screen, but nothing seems to work.......anyone got any ideas...
  6. how to password protect on bootup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to password protect on bootup: I hope someone can help.....I cannot seem to find the setting to get my laptop to ask for a password upon booting! *cry Ive looked in the accounts setting and cant find anything. The nearest I have found is under the accounts/sign-in options/require sign in but I only have...
  7. Black screen or start menu not working intermittently on bootup

Black screen or start menu not working intermittently on bootup: Black screen or start menu not working intermittently on bootup Have upgradd PC to Windows 10 some time ago, generally all ok. Occaisonly the PC starts up with a Black screen......the only way I have found to clear this is to press CTRL ALT DEL and sign out and sign...
  8. Black screen and WAIT during bootup

Black screen and WAIT during bootup: For two years I have had three hard drives installed. One small one went bad and at bootup I would get that information with "Press F1 to resume" which I would do and then windows would load. I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 three weeks ago, same message, and no problem, as it...
  9. black screen during bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen during bootup: During boot up I get a black screen for about 1 min then the login for my account. I notice a lot of hard drive activity during the black screen. I'm using amd-catalyst-15.10beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-oct12.exe (latest one). Win 10 works fine except for the black screen....
  10. Blue Screen ( NOT BSOD ) on bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue Screen ( NOT BSOD ) on bootup: Hi, Very infrequently ( once a month or so ) I get a blue screen ( not my desktop as usual ) on boot. It has the three options bottom R on the screen but no place to log on. I'm setup to boot to desktop w/o password protection. I have to restart to get to desktop. Any ideas...