Windows 10: Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working

Discus and support Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I followed this guide and rebooted but I still get the login screen where I have to enter a password before logging in to Windows 10. why? 8769 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vizionblind, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working

I followed this guide and rebooted but I still get the login screen where I have to enter a password before logging in to Windows 10. why?

:)

Vizionblind, Jul 22, 2015

2. Disable the Lock screen in Windows 10.

I did this procedure and it worked for bootup but not for the lock screen. How do you disable password requirement when the computer times out and locks the screen?

Tom Bishop_744, Jul 22, 2015
  3. Dushan_N Win User
    Windows 10 Pro- setting disable lock screen does not disable the lock screen

Had the same issue, found a solution on an old CNET article that has been updated a week ago (after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update).

Here's the article:

How to disable the Windows 10 lock screen

And just follow the section: Option 2: Disable the non-bootup lock screen.

Hope it helps! Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working :) Worked for me.

Dushan_N, Jul 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working

Hello Vizionblind,

If you mean the tutorial below, then double check and redo OPTION ONE in case you may have made a mistake the first time. This will only automatically sign you in to your account at startup though.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Hope this helps for now, *Smile
    Shawn

Brink, Jul 22, 2015
Thema:

Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working

1. Disabling password screen on windows bootup not working - Similar Threads - Disabling password screen

2. Disable Screen timeout password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  3. Disable Screen timeout password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  4. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  5. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  6. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Annoying screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying screen on bootup: When I boot up my PC, how can I stop the annoying screen asking me to link my devices together and also wanting me to buy Office 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-screen-on-bootup/7559bd18-58ad-42cd-ba0f-09d798d35753
  8. Bootup Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootup Screen: when i turn on my PC, the BIOS screen first appears then after it loads it goes to the Windows login screen. please help submitted by /u/eekane [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfqykq/bootup_screen/
  9. White screen at bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White screen at bootup: Hi all, have just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to 10 pro. The computer boots to safe mode ok but at normal startup I get a white screen with a box top left of screen regarding cortana etc. I have seen the normal screen momentarily, it then reverts back to the white screen. So...
  10. how to password protect on bootup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to password protect on bootup: I hope someone can help.....I cannot seem to find the setting to get my laptop to ask for a password upon booting! *cry Ive looked in the accounts setting and cant find anything. The nearest I have found is under the accounts/sign-in options/require sign in but I only have...