Windows 10: Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it

Discus and support Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to fix one of my partitions in Windows 10 so I tried to installed the program EASEUS from EaseUS | Data Recovery, Backup,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ka05th30ry, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it

Hello,

I was trying to fix one of my partitions in Windows 10 so I tried to installed the program EASEUS from EaseUS | Data Recovery, Backup, Partition Manager & PC Utility Software. When I went to install I got a UAC message like the one shown below:

Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it [​IMG]

I then searched for how to disable this and went into the control panel to the following window:

Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it [​IMG]

And the options were grayed out (read-only)

So I followed this guide:

[Fix] Cant Change SmartScreen Filter Settings in Windows 8 and Later - AskVG

And went through all of the steps for METHOD 1: Using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).

After this I could change the settings for Smart Screen and so I changed it to disabled.
    Afterwards I rebooted and tested running the installation exe file again and it came up with the smart screen UAC window again blocking me from using it.

Anyways I am a Developer and I need to have access to installing all sorts of software as well as testing my own and I need help getting this issue resolved ASAP.

Thank you

My Ideas about why this is happening:
    When I updated to Windows 10 I was running Windows 8 with UAC disabled ( maybe that caused some registry issues )

:)

ka05th30ry, Aug 18, 2015
  2. VanVanek Win User

Disable SmartScreen Filter

I tried using Security and Maintenance to disable SmartScreen, also tried the disable option in Networking on Control Panel. Did both of these with Edge, Foxfire, & Chrome. It will not disable! This problem is a recent one in Windows 10. How can I bypass/disable
    SmartScreen Filter?

VanVanek, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Jsssssssss, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it

5. I use this one (input into CMD as admin):

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v "SmartScreenEnabled" /t REG_SZ /d "Off" /f

You could also try this:

Disable the warning The Publisher could not be verified
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations" /v "DefaultFileTypeRisk" /t REG_DWORD /d 1808 /f

Disable Security warning to unblock the downloaded file
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments" /v "SaveZoneInformation" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

TairikuOkami, Aug 18, 2015
  6. Ive installed this program but I cannot figure out where the setting is for this. Any chance you could point me in the right direction.

ka05th30ry, Aug 19, 2015
  7. Ive tried all of these and unfortunately the smart screen still blocks me from running anything.

ka05th30ry, Aug 19, 2015
  8. khayman Win User

Have you tried using the hidden administrator account? Maybe that could help you.

khayman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it - Similar Threads - Disabling SmartScreen does

2. disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11: I have tried almost all of the suggestions I have found here and nothing works. I have a new laptop/WIN 11. I don't understand way it should be so difficult to remove this. You are interfering with the use of my computer. Can I please get some help that will allow me to...
  3. disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11: I have tried almost all of the suggestions I have found here and nothing works. I have a new laptop/WIN 11. I don't understand way it should be so difficult to remove this. You are interfering with the use of my computer. Can I please get some help that will allow me to...
  4. Actually Disable Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Actually Disable Automatic Updates: Is there a way to properly disable automatic updates during active hours? Mine was set from 0700 to 0100 yet at 0043 my computer updated and restarted when i left it for 10 minutes, causing me to lose a lot of my work progress....
  5. Actually Disable Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Actually Disable Automatic Updates: Is there a way to properly disable automatic updates during active hours? Mine was set from 0700 to 0100 yet at 0043 my computer updated and restarted when i left it for 10 minutes, causing me to lose a lot of my work progress....
  6. Actually Disable Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Want to "actually" disable Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Want to "actually" disable Windows Hello: I've tried several suggestions on how to disable Windows Hello without success. I want to disable it because when I start up my machine, the logon screen jumps back and forth as it attempts I think to get a PIN or my picture via the camera. I just want to logon with my...
  8. How do I disable SmartScreen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable SmartScreen?: How do I disable SmartScreen? Everything I read about this says, Go to the Control Panel. Select "Security and Maintenance" Select "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" Problem is I don't have a "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" in my "Security and Maintenance"...
  9. Disable/remove Smartscreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable/remove Smartscreen: v1709.16299.125; How do I completely disable Smartscreen? 101097
  10. Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...