Windows 10: disabling the keys on keyboard

Discus and support disabling the keys on keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; can we disable the keys on he virtual keyboard if we don't want to use them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sudhareddygade, Jul 5, 2018.

1. disabling the keys on keyboard

can we disable the keys on he virtual keyboard if we don't want to use them

:)

sudhareddygade, Jul 5, 2018

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 5, 2018
  4. disabling the keys on keyboard

Disable Keyboard and Trackpad in Tablet Mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.

• Find Keyboards in the list of devices and
      click the arrow to expand it.

• Right-click on the internal keyboard and click
      Disable

• If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall

• Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.

Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If
    that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure in order to uninstall it again.

Step 2:

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.

• Click to expand Mice and other pointing devices.

• Right click the touchpad and click Disable.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

disabling the keys on keyboard

1. disabling the keys on keyboard - Similar Threads - disabling keys keyboard

2. How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard: Hello,I am using HP i5 Intel iRisxe with Windows 11I want to disable Lock Key which works for Log Off like Windows Key+L. I have installed Power Toys Utility, Please guide me step by step, Thanks & RegarsJayesh Soni...
  3. How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Specific Key on Keyboard: Hello,I am using HP i5 Intel iRisxe with Windows 11I want to disable Lock Key which works for Log Off like Windows Key+L. I have installed Power Toys Utility, Please guide me step by step, Thanks & RegarsJayesh Soni...
  4. How can I disable a particular key in keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable a particular key in keyboard: How can I disable a particular key in keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-a-particular-key-in-keyboard/956a0fed-b65f-42e7-9e31-c4ea82f289ac
  5. How can I disable a particular key in keyboard

How can I disable a particular key in keyboard: How can I disable a particular key in keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-a-particular-key-in-keyboard/956a0fed-b65f-42e7-9e31-c4ea82f289ac
  6. Disabling the ROG key on ASUS laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling the ROG key on ASUS laptop keyboard: Hello all. I hope you're having a lovely day. I have a problem with my laptop keyboard which neither Google searches nor ASUS customer support were able to resolve. I'm typing with an external keyboard right now, which points to the fact that it's not a software issue, though...
  7. Disabling the ROG key on ASUS laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling the ROG key on ASUS laptop keyboard: Hello all. I hope you're having a lovely day. I have a problem with my laptop keyboard which neither Google searches nor ASUS customer support were able to resolve. I'm typing with an external keyboard right now, which points to the fact that it's not a software issue, though...
  8. Can the Windows Key on the keyboard be disabled during gaming?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can the Windows Key on the keyboard be disabled during gaming?: Can the Windows Key on the keyboard be disabled during gaming? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-the-windows-key-on-the-keyboard-be-disabled/0ed90e3a-ae58-4bef-8d8e-a3a693f6e3ac
  9. Disable Win Start Key on Keyboard

Disable Win Start Key on Keyboard: I acquired a mechanical keyboard from Logitech which used a disable Windows (left hand side bottom) key using FN and F8; The keyboard electronically malfunctioned and it went back to logitech via purchaser and never came back. The supplier gave me a Roccat Silent Hunter at no...
  10. Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows [img] Information Mouse Keys lets you control the mouse pointer by using the numeric keypad on your keyboard. The keyboard shortcut to turn on and off Mouse Keys is to press the left Alt + left Shift +...