Windows 10: Disabling the login PIN without a password

Discus and support Disabling the login PIN without a password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been using a pin to login to windows 10 after boot up, but now I've decided I would rather have it login automatically. I've seen many... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pmennen, Jun 29, 2016.

1. pmennen Win User

Disabling the login PIN without a password

I've been using a pin to login to windows 10 after boot up, but now I've decided I would rather have it login automatically. I've seen many explanations on how to disable the pin, but they all require a password. I'm pretty sure I never entered a password for this computer. On the first login it gave me the option to use a pin instead of a password, which is what I did. So how do I now modify the startup so that neither a password nor a pin is required. I realize that most people would consider this unsafe ... but this is really want I want to do on this particular computer.

~Paul

:)

pmennen, Jun 29, 2016

2. Sign in to RDP?

I setup a pin on my computer to login but now when I try to sign into my computer with RDP using my pin, it doesn't work. What should I use as the password or should I disable the pin in order to login using RDP

Agent Isai, Jun 29, 2016
  3. windows 10 passwords

Windows 10 applied a patch, rebooted and reverted me from the pin login to the local windows password. it is not giving me the option to use the pin. It is not recognizing my password. I went onto microsoft.com and reset my password but it still is
    not working. How do I change it back to pin (desired) without being able to login? Or how do I reset my local password.

MeloraWard, Jun 29, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

The password being asked for should be the password to your Microsoft account.

NavyLCDR, Jun 29, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 29, 2016
  6. pmennen Win User
    Actually that was the first thing I thought of trying, but it didn't work. (It asked for that password the next time I booted).

But I just tried booting again and now it works. Microsoft seems to like making these things as difficult as possible.

~Paul

pmennen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disabling the login PIN without a password - Similar Threads - Disabling login PIN

2. Disable Login Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  3. Disable Login Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  4. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account: I unlinked my Microsoft account with much difficulty but for some reason my computer is still asking for a PIN to sign in as opposed to my local account's password.I tried to turn off the PIN but Windows Hello is not available until I add a Microsoft Account, and I can't turn...
  5. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account: I unlinked my Microsoft account with much difficulty but for some reason my computer is still asking for a PIN to sign in as opposed to my local account's password.I tried to turn off the PIN but Windows Hello is not available until I add a Microsoft Account, and I can't turn...
  6. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Login with pin and password

Login with pin and password: I have recently added the PIN code login option to my pc so a friend of mine could use it for a week, however now that the pc is mine again I would like to delete this option and go back to my trusty and far better password. The settings menu however says that login with PIN...
  8. Disable PIN login

Disable PIN login: I want to remove PIN login, I just want to use my password. No, I can't just remove it from settings. The text under 'Windows Hello PIN' in settings says: "This option is currently unavailable–click to learn more" despite the fact that I just logged in using the pin. The...
  9. Disable password/pin on login

Disable password/pin on login: Hello. Currently when I log in it asks me for either a password or a pin for my Microsoft account. Is there a way to disable the password when I log in? Do I need to switch from a Microsoft account login to a local account login? If I do switch will that change anything i.e.,...
  10. Pin or Password login

Pin or Password login: which is better password or pin and are they safe. Pin seems to be easier to guess or crack is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-or-password-login/51f87a20-82ba-44f7-a3bc-2b45422e3efa"