Windows 10: Disabling Wireless Lan adapter freezes computer.

Discus and support Disabling Wireless Lan adapter freezes computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wildabeast73, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Disabling Wireless Lan adapter freezes computer.

What do I do?

:)

Wildabeast73, Aug 2, 2018

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Wireless Adapter disappeared after windows 10 upgrade

I had same issues. Here's how I fixed my wireless adapter. Located support/downloads from computer manufacturer( In my case Gateway brand). Found wireless lan card from list and downloaded/installed. This alone could/should have fixed the issue but didn't....
    so then I opened device manager (right click my computer select Properties>select device manager) and clicked "Network devices". Found wireless card on list. In my case it showed an exclamation next to device . I right clicked it and chose "update driver".
    The first time I tried this I used the "search automatically" selection but driver was "up to date" but error still remained. So I repeated the previous step (right clicking wireless adapter choosing update driver) but this time chose "browse my computer for
    driver software" next I selected "Let me pick from list of device drivers on my computer" found the wireless Lan card on the list (make sure "show compatible software box is checked) and selected it. It successfully updated the driver and wireless function
    returned.

JSeymour3000, Aug 2, 2018
  4. ScottKane Win User

Disabling Wireless Lan adapter freezes computer.

LAN Adapter keeps getting disabled after upgrade to Window10

It works fine for a while, but then all of a sudden the internet connection is lost and the LAN wired adapter says no networks available.

After a couple times troubleshooting, I get "default gateway not available", then reboot and trouble shoot and LAN adapter has been disabled.

I have tried running Malwarebytes.org for potential of a virus issue, but comes up clean.

Any one have any suggestions??

ScottKane, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Disabling Wireless Lan adapter freezes computer.

1. Disabling Wireless Lan adapter freezes computer. - Similar Threads - Disabling Wireless Lan

2. Wireless LAN card not connected to the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless LAN card not connected to the computer: I faced the same problem . But this time the wireless lan card appear i device manager but in translucent option after i hit show hidden device. I have boot to default setting as soon as this appeaered but no changes....
  3. Wireless LAN card not connected to the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless LAN card not connected to the computer: I faced the same problem . But this time the wireless lan card appear i device manager but in translucent option after i hit show hidden device. I have boot to default setting as soon as this appeaered but no changes....
  4. Wireless LAN card not connected to the computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Realtek Wireless Lan adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Wireless Lan adapter: Realtek wireless Lan is experiencing driver or hard ware related problems and cant update my driver so i can install my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wireless-lan-adapter/bad8b111-bba7-4460-a458-3f3e270e6456
  6. Realtek Wireless Lan adapter

Realtek Wireless Lan adapter: Realtek wireless Lan is experiencing driver or hard ware related problems and cant update my driver so i can install my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wireless-lan-adapter/bad8b111-bba7-4460-a458-3f3e270e6456
  7. Wireless Adapter Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Adapter Disabled: Hi,Please, why does my wireless adapter become disabled whenever I hibernate my laptop or PC enters a sleep mode.How do I resolve it.Windows Specifications:Edition: Windows 10 EnterpriseVersion: 20H2...
  8. Wireless Adapter Disabled

Wireless Adapter Disabled: Hi,Please, why does my wireless adapter become disabled whenever I hibernate my laptop or PC enters a sleep mode.How do I resolve it.Windows Specifications:Edition: Windows 10 EnterpriseVersion: 20H2...
  9. Wireless Adapter Disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN Adapter does not start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN Adapter does not start: The adapter works in windows 8.1 but does not start in windows 10. Device manager shows an exclamation mark. Installing a new driver does not work. The device manager tells me the best drivers are already installed. How do I tackle this problem? 29534

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek rtl8188cu windows 10 driver